Waking With Muscle Pain, Constant Cold Hands, Brain Fog, Lack Of Motivation, Cyprohept. And Thyroid

Luke768

Hi guys,
I'm 19 and in university, and something is definitely not right with me.
For about a month now I have woken with muscular pain and fatigue, so much that attending uni is almost impossible without a crazy amount of willpower (which I don't seem to have right now).
I'm doing worse in exams than I have in my life solely due to having no motivation to study or go to lectures which I blame on my poor health. I have almost completely cut out polyunsaturated oils from my diet maybe a year ago, eating only a small amount of them for the past 3 years. and follow ray peats dietary guidelines (although I could eat a little more gelatin).
I took 0.5-1mg cyproheptadine the last 3 days and today and yesterday had a headache so I didn't take it last night and the headache is fading, although when I took it before sleep I woke up pain free.
I supplement vit d, taurine, theanine, b multi vitamins, started aspirin yesterday although none of these seem to do anything. I tried microdosing LSD for a while and it took my mind off of it but it just doesn't seem like a sustainable solution to my problems and in my opinion is a distraction from studying. I have eaten liver a lot in the past week and eat beef eggs cheese butter orange juice sucrose milk ice cream fruits cream potato etc. I don't eat wheat anymore. I have a raw carrot every morning.
I'm thinking of buying some American biologics thyroid hormone from here and taking that Natural Thyroid (American Biologics) - Natural Supplements for Health
What else can I do for more motivation and focus? I'm paying £36,000 for this degree and finishing it with the 47% I got in my exams so far is not what I want, especially as I know I can do better.
Any help appreciated
Regards
SayNoToDrugs

squanch

I'm going to say it before tara will: you probably just don't eat enough.
My advise would be to aim for 4000kcal every day and sleep as much as you can, see how that goes. Maybe some strength training 3x per week and add some thyroid (and coffee) after a few weeks to get pulse + temps where you want them.
Also oysters, I don't see any oysters in your diet. Maybe try some mg bicarb also, it's cheap and most people are deficient.
I wouldn't use cyproheptadine right now, it's just going to sedate you even more.

Last edited:
OP
L

Luke768

Alright i guess I'll stop the cypro then. I used to go to the gym or play tennis or go running every day, but I hurt my spine and have something weird going on with my shoulders that makes them grind when I move them. I also can't drink coffee or any caffeine as it makes my joints grind more painfully and tightens my muscles. It does make me feel a lot better when I drink it, but grinding joints isn't worth it. My pulse is around 95, which I don't understand at all . It's always been high apart from when I was running, when I was a kid it was around 115 resting.
You're probably right about not eating enough, I've been losing weight for the last month and used to eat a lot more... I can get oysters easily and I'll look into mg bicarb. Thanks !will mg carbonate work?

Last edited by a moderator:

Giraffe

How much aspririn were you taking? How much niacinamide do you ingest with your B vitamins?

OP
L

Luke768

Barely any niacin amide, like 4 mg :S
I only took the aspirin for 1 day, I used to take it a lot and didn't get any side effects but I can't get vitamin k so I stopped.

Giraffe

Eating more definitely helped me to get more restful sleep. Magnesium and niacinamide (~ 100 mg) help me to relax tense muscles, to a lower extend pregnenolone does the same.

My pulse is around 95, which I don't understand at all .
Want to try niacinamide before you take thyroid?

OP
L

Luke768

I'll look into niacinamide, is 100mg not low? all tabs I see are 500mg. transit time very slow, maybe 2 days? what does that mean?

There are lots of opinions on bacteria and fiber here, but I think slow transit time generally means you need more lactic acid bacteria and less of the putrefactive species. Higher fodmaps foods support the lactic acid bacteria which will get your colon pH down and increase transit time. Milk is a fodmaps food and works for some people but I've found I need some fermentable fiber to keep transit time up. Health begins in the gut! (apples are listed as fodmaps but they never seem to work for me, I opt for cauliflower and asparagus)

Giraffe

Health begins in the gut! (apples are listed as fodmaps but they never seem to work for me, I opt for cauliflower and asparagus)
The reasoning in the FODMAP diet is that you should avoid/limit potentially troublesome and difficult to digest food until your gut has healed. Apples and cauliflower are considered bad food.

My understanding is that lowering the consumption of fodmaps is a treatment for diarrhea, because that is caused by an overgrowth of otherwise good bacteria. Again, just my understanding and it works like a charm for me.

tara

I'm going to say it before tara will: you probably just don't eat enough.
:)

I think normal transit is roughly 18 hours?
Slow transit can make you more vulnerable to endotoxin. Endotoxin is a burden on the system.
If you are undereating, then eating more may help with this too. After a while the body tends to respond to undereating by slowing down the gut to get more nourishment out of the food. MAy be oyhter factors too, like foods that irritate your particular gut and cause inflammation/reduced lumen.
Cyproheptadine can reduce serotonin - that's part of the point of taking it. If your gut peristalsis was relying on serotonin, that may be part of the story. Skipping the cyproheptadine for a few days may tell you something about this.
Some of us use a little aged cascara sagrada from time to time to reduce gut inflammation and keep things moving, but I think it's worth trying the other things first.

OP
L

Luke768

Thank you guys, I'll look into eating more and carrot salads :). I bought niacinamide and don't really feel anything that I notice, and I'm taking probably 300mg at a time. I think I overdosed b6 too for a while before reading it's dangerous in high doses. I bought a mg supplement but it has silicon in it and a strong bad smell so I'm not going to use it, will be buying Epsom salts.

J

James IV

Are you carry any extra belly fat? Are you eating enough fat?
Staying hydrated?

I've found that going too low in fat, or too low in fruit/veggie fiber backs me up and leads to all of the symptoms you describe. I also got scared of water for a while and that added to the problems. Adding water with electrolytes and increasing the above foods significantly turned things around quickly.

OP
L

Luke768

I'm around 9% bf, eat quite a high fat diet, don't eat vegetables although have started raw carrot. I don't drink water, only juice. I have a kind of grinding/burning inflamed pain around my shoulders/neck/upper body which I don't like

EIRE24

How high in fat is your diet and what did you see resolved when you increased it?

OP
L

Luke768

Quite high in fat, haven't increased it really always been high, I think something is wrong with my thyroid as I'm also always cold...