Let’s be honest, we’re aging at the same rate as normies

Peater

Nah, have you seen the rate of aging in some of the "Vaxxed"? I'm very late 30s and got told I look early 30s on Saturday. Of course they could have just been saying it.

JamesGatz

I think another note to consider is this:

That when we're healthier, our faces actually do look older but healthier, if that makes sense

Forward/Healthy facial development makes a person look more mature - the most attractive girls I went to High School with, all looked like they were 25-35, when they were only about 15-16, while the unnattractive girls looked their age or even younger because a "baby face" means the person has unhealthy facial development so people with unattractive faces can look a lot younger than they are while not looking healthier.

I think ultimately the biggest test of how healthy you are wil be how long you live and how long one would retain their energy/vitality in older age

This High School video filmed in the 90's has guys in this video that look like they're about 40 years old, but these people are way healthier than the kids I see in high school nowadays, even though these kids nowadays look their age or younger:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/rsX7Jf_yQj4?feature=share

Summer

There are so many components to this all of this that I doubt any of us are maximizing the full potential of “peating” because you’d need to practically be rich to do so. For example, I can’t imagine minimizing stress and working a corporate job simultaneously.

Increasingly I understand why Dr. Peat said that people don't talk about anything valuable on forums.
There’s some nuggets of very valuable information. It’s useful to look at the idealabs product threads and see people report how it impacts them.

Also the best posts seem to pertain to discussion of bioenergetics and key figures such as Koch, Szent-G, Gilbert Ling etc.

Aside from that this forum is full of people counter-signalling Ray Peat and thinking that they know better than he did.

P

Peatress

Nah, have you seen the rate of aging in some of the "Vaxxed"? I'm very late 30s and got told I look early 30s on Saturday. Of course they could have just been saying it.
Must be because of your new Aryan blues eyes which were sparkling :):

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peatress

There are so many components to this all of this that I doubt any of us are maximizing the full potential of “peating” because you’d need to practically be rich to do so. For example, I can’t imagine minimizing stress and working a corporate job simultaneously.
I agree. Not to mention that most of us don’t have access to good quality sunlight because of where we live nor good quality fruits. Frankly, it’s a miracle some of us have made it this far considering the list of assaults by our government and the medical harm service.

Lilac

If we went back before the Industrial Revolution and found the richest people with the best genetic profiles living in the best climates, they still grew old and died. Looking good for your age is more the aim than not looking your age at all.

Personally, I am extremely grateful to Ray Peat. I pretty much feel the same after 60 as I did at 40. And I remember thinking at 40 that I felt pretty much the same as I did at 20. Flexible, no aches and pains. And before Peat (around age 50), I was heading down a path of aches and pains and inflammation.

Summer

I agree. Not to mention that most of us don’t have access to good quality sunlight because of where we live nor good quality fruits. Frankly, it’s a miracle some of us have made it this far considering the list of assaults by our government and the medical harm service.
For sure. It’s like we’re stuck doing maintenance work rather than repairs.

Hidden49

I think another note to consider is this:

That when we're healthier, our faces actually do look older but healthier, if that makes sense

Forward/Healthy facial development makes a person look more mature - the most attractive girls I went to High School with, all looked like they were 25-35, when they were only about 15-16, while the unnattractive girls looked their age or even younger because a "baby face" means the person has unhealthy facial development so people with unattractive faces can look a lot younger than they are while not looking healthier.

I think ultimately the biggest test of how healthy you are wil be how long you live and how long one would retain their energy/vitality in older age

This High School video filmed in the 90's has guys in this video that look like they're about 40 years old, but these people are way healthier than the kids I see in high school nowadays, even though these kids nowadays look their age or younger:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/rsX7Jf_yQj4?feature=share

This is something I also noticed about American girls my age they all looked super old for their age always. But in UK they never looked old like that for some reason.

Elie

Forum Supporter
"
I think people simply eat too much for their current metabolism. Can one raise their metabolism? Yes it would seem, but when you overeat you will gain fat, raise estrogen..."
That is an enigma to me.
My hands and feet are typicity warm. pulse is high 70s and low 80s. My appetite is healthy, and.... I gain weight unless I restrict food, but then I am hungry (just another stressor)

Hidden49

This is something I also noticed about American girls my age they all looked super old for their age always. But in UK they never looked old like that for some reason.
Ps I’ve watched these kind of throwback high school videos before, the vibe in American high Schools in the 90s seemed way cooler and more iconic than UK schools which are just lame and dull.

Peater

Ha, I've thought that too - some people (Not necessarily here) don't realise how lucky they are, "Bro just literally go outside and paddleboard every day for 3 hours bro"

Errrr yeah what about the other 10 months of the year here in the USSK...

P

Peatress

Ha, I've thought that too - some people (Not necessarily here) don't realise how lucky they are, "Bro just literally go outside and paddleboard every day for 3 hours bro"

Errrr yeah what about the other 10 months of the year here in the USSK...
Don’t get me started on the British summertime. We get 2 weeks of “heat wave” and the media has a meltdown about global warming. Hot! in it?

Dave Clark

Aging, whether it be long or short, will be effected by disease. Many of Peat's protocols, as well as other non-Peat protocols help with preventing disease states, and that may extend your life. Quality, not quantity, is to me the most important to focus on, and then hopefully that buys you more quality time.

BeanSprouts

I've never looked different on any "diet" I've tried. I've just looked young due to my height, facial features, moisturizing, and protecting myself from photoaging. Ray's perspective on hormones and energy metabolism is what really attracted me to his work.

Delaney

Increasingly I understand why Dr. Peat said that people don't talk about anything valuable on forums.
Peat is half right imo. These kinds of things can't be helped.
The nature of open forums is that there will be just as many bad takes as there are good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals