KMUD: 5-20-16 Exploring Alternatives

Dan W

The official topic is Exploring Alternatives, and covers a lot of additional subjects:
  • Genetics
  • Emphysema
  • Clonidine
  • Seizures
  • Artificial sweeteners
  • Shaky hands
  • Candida

Attachments

• kmud-160520-exploring-alternatives.mp3
    51.5 MB · Views: 1,365

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you Dan! :thumbsup:

paymanz

thanks dan,

one thing surprised me was that ray said he has no experience with clonidine!

jaguar43

Ray Peat said that there are science publications that are funded by the pentagon to disprove Otto Warburg. Does anyone have any idea which ones he was talking ?

~"It's more like they are creating an alternate reality" RP
LOL wow I love RP's subtle, dark, biting humor. He should write satire.

paymanz

in answer to last caller's question about progestrone dose, he said thyroid function is important because its estrogenic and can cause cancer?!

J

jb116

in answer to last caller's question about progestrone dose, he said thyroid function is important because its estrogenic and can cause cancer?!
He didn't say that at all.
He said thyroid function is important if somebody is using something estrogenic. It was a general blanket statement about estrogenic things and the danger lies in being exposed while hypothyroid.

Demyze

Yeah I just listened and I took it as him saying that the estrogen used for transition is harmful if thyroid and progesterone aren't at healthy levels. He did say that progesterone causes a reversal of masculine differentiation.

I'm surprised that he said he saw this happening at 10mg given the studies posted about higher dosage raising testosterone and DHT in males.

From Haidut:
Oral progesterone increases testosterone and DHT

paymanz

Yeah I just listened and I took it as him saying that the estrogen used for transition is harmful if thyroid and progesterone aren't at healthy levels. He did say that progesterone causes a reversal of masculine differentiation.

I'm surprised that he said he saw this happening at 10mg given the studies posted about higher dosage raising testosterone and DHT in males.

From Haidut:
Oral progesterone increases testosterone and DHT
that haidut posted study is interesting,but i heard from ray that progestrone can decrease test production,but im ot sure if i recall right.but for sure it antagonize test, so the logic can be if a man have decent test production its safe to take progestrone time to time,?

Demyze

From what I gathered reading haidut's posts and listening to interviews with ray it seems like Progesterone lowers testosterone if it is very high but raises testosterone somewhat if it is too low. I think Haidut had said that too much testosterone can be harmful-I'm not sure if this is because it can be so easily aromatized under common stress or because of an actual effect of testosterone. So far I'm leaning towards simplicity of aromatization. In one of Rays books-I think it was "Progesterone in Orthomolecular Medicine"- he talks about progesterone reducing testosterone through the LH system in men but also about Progesterone being a "precursor" to testosterone. I don't think it actually antagonizes testosterone in the same way it effects estrogen-just my current view.

"At least in the case of progesterone, an excess tends to balance or neutralize an excess of the specialized hormone, so it has been described as having anti-androgenic, anti-estrogen, anti-aldosterone, and anti-cortisol function."

I think progesterone makes one more like a child than more like a woman.

"small doses can cure impotence. It has been used effectively to treat benign prostatic enlargment"

From "Nutrition for Women"

"Progesterone is a direct antagonist of estrogen; Lipschuts (and Korenchevsky) have shown that progesterone causes regression of tumors induced by estrogen."

"progesterone increases both blood sugar and liver glycogen"

*"progesterone is the precursor(following acetate and cholesterol) for all of the other steroid hormones, so it can be used in men. It ( or its precursor, pregnenolone) has been used for prostatatitis, arthritis, and infertility in men. Large amounts, though, would probably supress LH, and lower testosterone synthesis, but a smaller amount (especially in old men) seems to increase sperm count and motility. In male and femal athletes who become infertile, it would seem to be the appropriate therapy, generally in combination with thyroid" (pg21)

I know some of those quotes are random, I just came across them while I was looking for the relevent one and posted cuz they were cool.

Gl;itch.e

Is this file still up? I have been having trouble trying to download it. Never had an issue with them before.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals