Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

That's more like a mini regenerative farm to me than 'just' an orchard.

Ludo kinda looks like a cross between that big brown creature in Star Wars (sorry peeps,I'm not knowledgeable in the Star Wars verse...) and some monster from Sesame Street.

My dream of buying land by the coast has always been one of self-sustainability that includes animals, not just an orchard. :)

You mean Chewbacca, right? I can see how Ludo looks like a mix between Chewie and a Sesame Street character, sure.

You had seperate classes for drawing and painting?
We just had one creative class during the week by one teacher and depending on the assignment, it would call for just drawing or painting or a mix of both.
I liked the class, but seeing it was only once a week for maybe 1-2 hours, it was clear that creative persuance wasn't high on the list of school.

That's with any tool, in any trade, that it depends on the preference of the artist.
Maybe I just happened to see mostly Prisma fans. It's easy for mediums like YouTube to become kind of an echo chamber, where people are copying eachother bc they saw some influencer using product 'x'.
Faber Castell has an expensive range, which I've seen people liking equal to Prisma or maybe even better....like you said, it's also a matter of preference.

The ones I have do a good job for general coloring and I like the colors/color range.
By pastels do you mean special pastel pencils or these type of chalky crayons or pastel paints? (I've never worked with any of them)

Was that in secondary school? We had an art class once a week when I was in primary school but my last year of high school, I was able to choose all but three mandatory classes (algebra, economics and English). I had drawing, painting, chorus, select chorus (a small audition only group that travelled the state performing) and sign language. And by pastels, I mean the chalky kind, yes.

Last edited:

Dutchie

My dream of buying land by the coast has always been one of self-sustainability that includes animals, not just an orchard. :)

You mean Chewbacca, right? I can see how Ludo looks like a mix between Chewie and a Sesame Street character, sure.
It's a nice dream to have. Hopefully it'll become a reality soon in the near distant future. :)

Yeah, Chewbacca... I didn't know the name of the character. I've just frequently seen a lot of pictures of it online.
lol....I actually don't even know what movie it's in. I've only ever seen one Star Wars movie once, lol that was enough for me to learn that it's not my cup of tea. ;)

Was that in secondary school? We had an art class once a week when I was in primary school but my last year of high school, I was able to choose all but three mandatory classes (algebra, economics and English). I had drawing, painting, chorus, select chorus (a small audition only group that travelled the state performing) and sign language. And by pastels, I mean the chalky kind, yes.

That was in High School. Before, in elementary school, we would be able to draw but didn't get taught anything about it. It was more a leisurely downtime ...you know a break from the daily mandatory curriculum.
Wow....you had a lot of cool classes to choose from! We got to choose classes for our last 2 years as well (Dutch, English and Math being mandatory), but they were a continuation of classes which in previous years were mandatory: German, French, History, Geography, Economics, Physics. etc.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

It's a nice dream to have. Hopefully it'll become a reality soon in the near distant future. :)

Yeah, Chewbacca... I didn't know the name of the character. I've just frequently seen a lot of pictures of it online.
lol....I actually don't even know what movie it's in. I've only ever seen one Star Wars movie once, lol that was enough for me to learn that it's not my cup of tea. ;)

That was in High School. Before, in elementary school, we would be able to draw but didn't get taught anything about it. It was more a leisurely downtime ...you know a break from the daily mandatory curriculum.
Wow....you had a lot of cool classes to choose from! We got to choose classes for our last 2 years as well (Dutch, English and Math being mandatory), but they were a continuation of classes which in previous years were mandatory: German, French, History, Geography, Economics, Physics. etc.

I hope so. :)

Same here. I’ve only seen one Star Wars movie and I was maybe 3 at the time. I just remember liking the character Yoda.

Ah, okay. Art in elementary school here was the same. I remember coloring, but not learning techniques. It’s a shame there weren’t more artistic type classes when you were in high school. Art and music were always the first programs to lose funding when I was in school. It’s one of the many reasons why I’m not a fan of the public school system.

Dutchie

Same here. I’ve only seen one Star Wars movie and I was maybe 3 at the time. I just remember liking the character Yoda.
At least you've seen one of the original movies. ;)
In high school we've gone to the movietheater to see phantom menace as part of some kind of a special occasional school celebration.

Ah, okay. Art in elementary school here was the same. I remember coloring, but not learning techniques. It’s a shame there weren’t more artistic type classes when you were in high school. Art and music were always the first programs to lose funding when I was in school. It’s one of the many reasons why I’m not a fan of the public school system.

lol...putting on a conspiracy-thinking hat, given the current state the world is in, it's not surprising to me that creative courses like art and music weren't (and probably still aren't) high on the list of the educational system.
Years ago,through American sites/bloggers, I remember hearing about people homeschooling their kids, for the first time. I'd never heard about such a thing happening (or even being a possibility) here, but
I now get why people would choose to do so.

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

At least you've seen one of the original movies. ;)
In high school we've gone to the movietheater to see phantom menace as part of some kind of a special occasional school celebration.

lol...putting on a conspiracy-thinking hat, given the current state the world is in, it's not surprising to me that creative courses like art and music weren't (and probably still aren't) high on the list of the educational system.
Years ago,through American sites/bloggers, I remember hearing about people homeschooling their kids, for the first time. I'd never heard about such a thing happening (or even being a possibility) here, but
I now get why people would choose to do so.

LOL I don’t even recall there being a movie Phantom Menace. Actually, I might. Is that the one with Natalie Portman?

I think math, science and language are valued more for their broader application in life. They think it’s more important that we know how to calculate the cost of a kilo of apples or what happens when we mix baking soda with an acid than blue’s complementary color or all the songs from the musical CATS. They underestimate the importance of such information if we were to ever find ourselves on a gameshow and the only thing standing between us and the million dollar prize is our ability to recite the words to Memories.

I’m a fan of homeschooling. If possible, I would homeschool my child so that I know they won’t be indoctrinated with other people’s politics and faith/anti-faith, but also because some children don’t thrive in a classroom setting and really, I don’t think it’s natural for any child to be sitting at a desk for most of the day. I think sensitive, artistic, highly energetic (those often diagnosed with ADD/ADHD) and neurodivergent children tend to struggle most. If my child wanted to be in a school setting, I would send them to a Montessori school.

Dutchie

LOL I don’t even recall there being a movie Phantom Menace. Actually, I might. Is that the one with Natalie Portman?

I think math, science and language are valued more for their broader application in life. They think it’s more important that we know how to calculate the cost of a kilo of apples or what happens when we mix baking soda with an acid than blue’s complementary color or all the songs from the musical CATS. They underestimate the importance of such information if we were to ever find ourselves on a gameshow and the only thing standing between us and the million dollar prize is our ability to recite the words to Memories.

I’m a fan of homeschooling. If possible, I would homeschool my child so that I know they won’t be indoctrinated with other people’s politics and faith/anti-faith, but also because some children don’t thrive in a classroom setting and really, I don’t think it’s natural for any child to be sitting at a desk for most of the day. I think sensitive, artistic, highly energetic (those often diagnosed with ADD/ADHD) and neurodivergent children tend to struggle most. If my child wanted to be in a school setting, I would send them to a Montessori school.

Yep, that's the one. :)

Basic language and calculating skills I can see why they would see them as necessary, but for instance Math?!....I can't come up with any situation where I thought: " Thank God, I've had Math."
Maybe.....in that same 1 million dollar situation you might need it, where you'll get asked about Pythagoras or something 😂 (I would so lose those million dollars).

Exactly those reasons... it's crazy here what they're now trying to expose kids to in school.
Then there's the fact that when homeschooling you can also regulate and limit their time spent on the computer/tablet, so they hopefully wont turn into digital zombies.
Also in regards to the childs interest&affinity it's easier to customize and specialize their learning material.
For instance what's the use of making a child have to read a whole lot of Poetry, when they're clearly don't take an interest in it, but science does interest them...

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Yep, that's the one. :)

Basic language and calculating skills I can see why they would see them as necessary, but for instance Math?!....I can't come up with any situation where I thought: " Thank God, I've had Math."

I can see how math such as algebra helps with problem solving where not all variables are known, and many fields require it so given that they’re preparing us for university and the future job market, I understand why we’re taught it, however, I think it’s influenced by a value system meaning, what do we as a society place the most value on? I wasn’t taught in school how to grow and harvest food, but I think self-sufficiency and meeting my basic needs is essential.

Maybe.....in that same 1 million dollar situation you might need it, where you'll get asked about Pythagoras or something 😂 (I would so lose those million dollars).

Oh, that’s easy. The answer is a² + b² = c² - E = mc² + 3.1415926535 ≈ Pi Delta Phi. Would you trust flying in a plane I engineered? At least you know it will have a spectacular paint job. 😂

Exactly those reasons... it's crazy here what they're now trying to expose kids to in school.
Then there's the fact that when homeschooling you can also regulate and limit their time spent on the computer/tablet, so they hopefully wont turn into digital zombies.
Also in regards to the childs interest&affinity it's easier to customize and specialize their learning material.
For instance what's the use of making a child have to read a whole lot of Poetry, when they're clearly don't take an interest in it, but science does interest them...

Yeah, what every generation has been exposed to, really.

Exactly. I think it’s important that children be exposed to many subjects because we don’t always know we like something until we’ve tried it and even then, it sometimes depends on the teacher—there have been subjects I disliked until I got a certain teacher who had me taking an interest in it because of the way they taught it—but if a child has no interest in a certain subject, I think forcing them to like it often has the opposite effect.

Dutchie

I can see how math such as algebra helps with problem solving where not all variables are known, and many fields require it so given that they’re preparing us for university and the future job market, I understand why we’re taught it, however, I think it’s influenced by a value system meaning, what do we as a society place the most value on? I wasn’t taught in school how to grow and harvest food, but I think self-sufficiency and meeting my basic needs is essential.

You're absolutely right,imo, school didn't teach about some practical real-life necessities which would've come in handy. Like the first time I had to fill out tax forms, I thought to myself: Why have I never been taught about this in school?!

Oh, that’s easy. The answer is a² + b² = c² - E = mc² + 3.1415926535 ≈ Pi Delta Phi. Would you trust flying in a plane I engineered? At least you know it will have a spectacular paint job. 😂
Lol....the spectacular paint job is a nice bonus.
I was thinking: I'll probably get icecream and chocolate served during the flight🤔🤣

Exactly. I think it’s important that children be exposed to many subjects because we don’t always know we like something until we’ve tried it and even then, it sometimes depends on the teacher—there have been subjects I disliked until I got a certain teacher who had me taking an interest in it because of the way they taught it—but if a child has no interest in a certain subject, I think forcing them to like it often has the opposite effect.
For sure, the teacher also makes a big difference in how interesting a class is. I've sure had a bunch of peculiar teachers.
Lol....in highschool it wasn't about liking a subject, it simply was you'll have to do this if you ever want to graduate.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

You're absolutely right,imo, school didn't teach about some practical real-life necessities which would've come in handy. Like the first time I had to fill out tax forms, I thought to myself: Why have I never been taught about this in school?!

Lol....the spectacular paint job is a nice bonus.
I was thinking: I'll probably get icecream and chocolate served during the flight

For sure, the teacher also makes a big difference in how interesting a class is. I've sure had a bunch of peculiar teachers.
Lol....in highschool it wasn't about liking a subject, it simply was you'll have to do this if you ever want to graduate.

Haha! You bet! At Continental Wonka, we’re all about sweet. Aboard the Pure Imagination, we serve endless treats.

LOL I’ve had some peculiar teachers, too. I’ll take peculiar over the nuns, though. :nailbiting:

Dutchie

Haha! You bet! At Continental Wonka, we’re all about sweet. Aboard the Pure Imagination, we serve endless treats.
lol....I imagine passengers not wanting to leave the plane anymore. 😂

LOL I’ve had some peculiar teachers, too. I’ll take peculiar over the nuns, though. :nailbiting:
Have you had actual nuns as teachers?
I know it was common here too. My grandma had been taught by nuns, but by the time my mom was born and went to school nuns teaching was already abolished.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

lol....I imagine passengers not wanting to leave the plane anymore. 😂

Have you had actual nuns as teachers?
I know it was common here too. My grandma had been taught by nuns, but by the time my mom was born and went to school nuns teaching was already abolished.

Hehe. Customers for life…

Yep, I was taught by nuns and even the girls I took care were taught by nuns, but they weren’t abusive like the nuns my parents had.

Dutchie

Yep, I was taught by nuns and even the girls I took care were taught by nuns, but they weren’t abusive like the nuns my parents had.

Thank God they weren't abusive.
I didn't know nuns teaching was still done in Western countries. I've even hardly seen any nuns outside the past 10 years.

TradClare

My girls are taught by Dominican sisters. Technically "nuns" are cloistered so we call them sisters and they are amazing.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thank God they weren't abusive.

Yes, and thankfully, my mum and dad wouldn’t have hesitated to pull my brother and I out of parochial school had they been abusive. My parents only sent us there because they thought we would receive a better education than we would have in a public school. Had there been a Montessori school locally at the time, they would have sent us there instead.

My girls are taught by Dominican sisters. Technically "nuns" are cloistered so we call them sisters and they are amazing.

Yes, exactly. My family and friends refer(red) to them as nuns, but we address(ed) them as sisters. I’m glad your daughters’ experience with them has been positive. :)

Dutchie

Yes, and thankfully, my mum and dad wouldn’t have hesitated to pull my brother and I out of parochial school had they been abusive. My parents only sent us there because they thought we would receive a better education than we would have in a public school. Had there been a Montessori school locally at the time, they would have sent us there instead.
Oh right.....you have all these different types of schools.
Here all schools are public more or less.
I'd never heard of a Montessori school, but when reading about it, it says that students of various years typically are in one class.

That made me think of elementary school. I was in a class, where half of the class was made up of students that were one year above us. When the teacher would teach them, he/she would give us a task/assignment to work on until it was time to switch and we were being taught.
I know, we were a class structure experiment which now makes me think if might've been based on Montessori principles (though it was a regular public school).

Yes, exactly. My family and friends refer(red) to them as nuns, but we address(ed) them as sisters. I’m glad your daughters’ experience with them has been positive. :)

Were they just as swinging as Sister Mary-Clarence?😉

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Oh right.....you have all these different types of schools.
Here all schools are public more or less.
I'd never heard of a Montessori school, but when reading about it, it says that students of various years typically are in one class.

That made me think of elementary school. I was in a class, where half of the class was made up of students that were one year above us. When the teacher would teach them, he/she would give us a task/assignment to work on until it was time to switch and we were being taught.
I know, we were a class structure experiment which now makes me think if might've been based on Montessori principles (though it was a regular public school).

Were they just as swinging as Sister Mary-Clarence?😉

Yes, it could very well have been based on the Montessori model, since it appears Montessori is available in the Dutch public school system:

And this is a good site:

Hehe…I love Sister Act. That movie was what inspired me to join chorus. I was quite shy and I thought by joining the choir I might find my voice like Sister Mary Robert. :)

Dutchie

Yes, it could very well have been based on the Montessori model, since it appears Montessori is available in the Dutch public school system:
Ah ok....lol,I've been out of everything school-related for so long now.
While they're all public schools (maybe I have an incorrect understanding,thus usage, of the term public school), looks like these models are being implicated. They just never get named independently.
While reading, I noticed the woman in the blog mentioned gym- and swimming lessons. I had both too.

Hehe…I love Sister Act. That movie was what inspired me to join chorus. I was quite shy and I thought by joining the choir I might find my voice like Sister Mary Robert. :)

Lol....did you find it?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Ah ok....lol,I've been out of everything school-related for so long now.
While they're all public schools (maybe I have an incorrect understanding,thus usage, of the term public school), looks like these models are being implicated. They just never get named independently.
While reading, I noticed the woman in the blog mentioned gym- and swimming lessons. I had both too.

Lol....did you find it?

Ah, okay. I see. I’m impressed that the Dutch school system has swimming lessons as part of the curriculum.

My experience oddly mirrored Sister Mary Robert’s, but the voice I found wasn’t the one I was looking for.

Dutchie

Ah, okay. I see. I’m impressed that the Dutch school system has swimming lessons as part of the curriculum.
I don't know if the swimming lessons are part of every schools program. It was at the time for my school, however not so long after they quit te program. My sister went to the same school but didn't get any swimming lessons.
One of the reasons for it, is bc the swimming pool in our city was being closed down.

My experience oddly mirrored Sister Mary Robert’s, but the voice I found wasn’t the one I was looking for.
That's too bad, though I'm sure you found it for a reason.
It might've not been what you wanted, but what you needed or might need in the future. :)

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I don't know if the swimming lessons are part of every schools program. It was at the time for my school, however not so long after they quit te program. My sister went to the same school but didn't get any swimming lessons.
One of the reasons for it, is bc the swimming pool in our city was being closed down.

That's too bad, though I'm sure you found it for a reason.
It might've not been what you wanted, but what you needed or might need in the future. :)

Gotcha. I was going to ask you if the school had a pool or if you were taken to a public one for your swimming lessons.

It would be useful for a career in music, but a singing voice wasn’t the voice I was referring to when I told God my plan. lol It turned out that my extreme shyness was a reaction to the bullying and once I graduated, it disappeared.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals