Jennifer's Cellular Regeneration Log

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer :) I'm slowly progressing, one step at a time.
Lol, the 'killer sci-fi" plan is on the backburner for a while.

That’s wonderful! I’m very happy to hear that. :)

Mossy

Hi Mossy. :) My apologies for not being clear. Back in 2019, when I was transitioning from a fruitarian diet to one with meat/seafood, my vitamin D level rose from 17 ng/mL to 50 ng/mL in roughly 2 months of supplementing thyroid (WP Thyroid). Back in 2010, while following the 80/10/10 fruit-based diet, my level was at 6 ng/mL so the naturopath I had at the time prescribed 50,000 IU once a week for a month and was supposed to recheck my level but never did and not long after I fractured. I got a new doctor who put me on an ancestral style diet and when she checked my vitamin D level, it was 110 ng/mL. This was pre thyroid supplementation.
Ah, ok. Thank you for the detail. Do you attribute that 110 ng/mL reading to the 50,000 IU once a week doses or was that too far removed from when you made the switch to the ancestral diet and had your vitamin D levels checked?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Ah, ok. Thank you for the detail. Do you attribute that 110 ng/mL reading to the 50,000 IU once a week doses or was that too far removed from when you made the switch to the ancestral diet and had your vitamin D levels checked?

My apologies. I was mistaken. I just went through my bloodwork and notes from that time and I see that the naturopath rechecked my vitamin D 7 months after I finished the 4 doses of 50,000 IU, just after my spine collapsed. It was the end of August, and I spent the summer outside for most of the day, and my level was at 52 ng/mL. It was a DEXA scan she was supposed to have me get, but never did. She rechecked my vitamin D because of the excruciating bone and back pain I was having and what she thought was a dislocated rib—we weren’t yet aware that I had osteoporosis and that my spine had collapsed. The 110 ng/mL was in October, a month after my new doctor put me on the ancestral diet. I label my bloodwork with the diet I’m following and the supplements I’m taking at the time of the test, and I see that the vitamin D supplement I was taking when my level was 110 was cold liver oil and high vitamin butter oil.

Mossy

My apologies. I was mistaken. I just went through my bloodwork and notes from that time and I see that the naturopath rechecked my vitamin D 7 months after I finished the 4 doses of 50,000 IU, just after my spine collapsed. It was the end of August, and I spent the summer outside for most of the day, and my level was at 52 ng/mL. It was a DEXA scan she was supposed to have me get, but never did. She rechecked my vitamin D because of the excruciating bone and back pain I was having and what she thought was a dislocated rib—we weren’t yet aware that I had osteoporosis and that my spine had collapsed. The 110 ng/mL was in October, a month after my new doctor put me on the ancestral diet. I label my bloodwork with the diet I’m following and the supplements I’m taking at the time of the test, and I see that the vitamin D supplement I was taking when my level was 110 was cold liver oil and high vitamin butter oil.
Thank you for sharing your experiences. I'm always curious of people's success with supplements, especially vitamin D. I was not aware of high vitamin butter oil; that looks interesting (though expensive)—I'll look into that.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

My pleasure, @Mossy. :) In case you’re interested, this is the HV butter oil I was taking:

Mossy

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

You’re welcome, @Mossy. :)

aniciete

Have you ever done a skin prick test to rule out a dairy allergy? Or even a blood test to check if you have an intolerance to it?
Have you ever done a dairy allergy test? I found a blood test on labcorp for a casein allergy, im just not too sure how accurate it will be.

According to my mom I've been sensitive to dairy since I was a couple months old (I also wasn't breastfed). I personally believe I have a casein allergy due to being injected with various vaccines in the first couple months of my life. Id really love to keep drinking milk due to some positive effects but some of the issues I get are intolerable. Every time I reincorporate dairy back into my diet, within a week *TMI* my rectum drips blood when I used the restroom and its really painful.

With that being said cow dairy is a lot more problematic than goat. I cant even sleep through the night when eating cow dairy but goat is fine in that regard, All types of cooked dairy are more problematic probably due to the cooking process destroying the casein which makes it harder to digest.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Hi @aniciete, I’m really sorry you’re reacting to dairy like that. I’ve done allergy testing for it, yes—both blood and the skin prick test. The skin prick test came back negative, but the blood test came back positive for a dairy intolerance. Ray said that an intolerance test can actually point to the opposite being true so a positive result or “intolerance” can mean a negative result or “tolerance” to a food and the more intolerant the result, the more tolerant one actually is.

Like you, I was sensitive to dairy as a baby. I was chronically constipated to the point that I developed a hernia at 3 weeks old from straining to eliminate and needed surgery, however, I question if I may have been reacting to whatever else was in the franken baby formula (lol) because when I transitioned to solid food, my diet was dairy-based and I tolerated it well. I only developed issues with dairy after years of veganism which, knowing what I know now, greatly suppressed my thyroid function. I too questioned if I had a casein allergy, especially when I started experiencing anaphylaxis within minutes of consuming any form of dairy, and I talked with Ray about it, and he seemed certain that I wasn’t allergic to dairy.

When you avoid dairy, do all your makers of health improve or do you still struggle with health issues?

Edit—I meant to address the blood and pain when consuming dairy. Does dairy cause you constipation? Because fresh blood and pain in your rectum points to possible hemorrhoids.

Last edited:

aniciete

Hi @aniciete, I’m really sorry you’re reacting to dairy like that. I’ve done allergy testing for it, yes—both blood and the skin prick test. The skin prick test came back negative, but the blood test came back positive for a dairy intolerance. Ray said that an intolerance test can actually point to the opposite being true so a positive result or “intolerance” can mean a negative result or “tolerance” to a food and the more intolerant the result, the more tolerant one actually is.

Like you, I was sensitive to dairy as a baby. I was chronically constipated to the point that I developed a hernia at 3 weeks old from straining to eliminate and needed surgery, however, I question if I may have been reacting to whatever else was in the franken baby formula (lol) because when I transitioned to solid food, my diet was dairy-based and I tolerated it well. I only developed issues with dairy after years of veganism which, knowing what I know now, greatly suppressed my thyroid function. I too questioned if I had a casein allergy, especially when I started experiencing anaphylaxis within minutes of consuming any form of dairy, and I talked with Ray about it, and he seemed certain that I wasn’t allergic to dairy.

When you avoid dairy, do all your makers of health improve or do you still struggle with health issues?

Edit—I meant to address the blood and pain when consuming dairy. Does dairy cause you constipation? Because fresh blood and pain in your rectum points to possible hemorrhoids.
Thanks again for taking the time to chat. That’s interesting about the blood testing, I’ve never heard that before. I may have to get it done. I have found that cow milk in any form gives me gas and wakes me up in the night while goat does not. This pretty much aligns with my issues growing up but unfortunately I was never given goat milk, dairy was completely cut out of my diet instead.

My health definitely doesn’t improve when stopping dairy. When I add it back into my diet my teeth become stronger, my hair is thicker/healthier, libido is better, and a lot of other good things gradually happen. The main problems with dairy are the bowel issues; bleeding and constipation. Probably hemorrhoids due to slow motility like you said. I can somewhat “fix” the constipation by loading up on coffee, fiber and fruit but that ends up causing gut pain and acne.

I’ve noticed too that when I go on a diet of goat milk my dandruff disappears within days along with a slight body odor that I get with meat and sugar. I undoubtedly have bacterial issues (dermatitis on the sides of my nose and scalp) which causes my intolerance to fructose, starch, fiber and other foods I used to be fine with. I’m certain it’s a thyroid issue considering my cold intolerance, constipation, and vitamin A buildup.

Maybe I need to give tyromix it’s time to work before changing too much. I started it on Monday and it feels a lot better than cynoplus. I’ve heard it can take weeks to months before seeing considerable change, especially if dealing with bacterial issues caused by hypothyroidism. Perhaps trialing with raw carrot may be useful too.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Thanks again for taking the time to chat. That’s interesting about the blood testing, I’ve never heard that before. I may have to get it done. I have found that cow milk in any form gives me gas and wakes me up in the night while goat does not. This pretty much aligns with my issues growing up but unfortunately I was never given goat milk, dairy was completely cut out of my diet instead.

My health definitely doesn’t improve when stopping dairy. When I add it back into my diet my teeth become stronger, my hair is thicker/healthier, libido is better, and a lot of other good things gradually happen. The main problems with dairy are the bowel issues; bleeding and constipation. Probably hemorrhoids due to slow motility like you said. I can somewhat “fix” the constipation by loading up on coffee, fiber and fruit but that ends up causing gut pain and acne.

I’ve noticed too that when I go on a diet of goat milk my dandruff disappears within days along with a slight body odor that I get with meat and sugar. I undoubtedly have bacterial issues (dermatitis on the sides of my nose and scalp) which causes my intolerance to fructose, starch, fiber and other foods I used to be fine with. I’m certain it’s a thyroid issue considering my cold intolerance, constipation, and vitamin A buildup.

Maybe I need to give tyromix it’s time to work before changing too much. I started it on Monday and it feels a lot better than cynoplus. I’ve heard it can take weeks to months before seeing considerable change, especially if dealing with bacterial issues caused by hypothyroidism. Perhaps trialing with raw carrot may be useful too.

Oh, my pleasure. :) Goat’s milk is still relatively rare in the US so it’s understandable why you (and I) weren’t given it as an alternative. I suppose it could be worse. Our moms could have given us soy (not)milk. :yuck:

It seems you’re in the same predicament I found myself in. So many of my health markers improved on a milk-based diet, and coffee and fiber relieved the constipation, but only through a stress response—adrenaline and intestinal irritation. When I started this log, I was following Dr. Morse’s work and was on a fruitarian diet, and I experienced many improvements but I now know it was mainly due to fruits ease of digestion, and all the fiber I consumed daily (100+ g) eliciting a stress response and frequent elimination. I experienced routine cramping so painful it felt like I was being stabbed in the gut, but then there were the improvements and I thought that as I continued to heal, my gut issues would eventually resolve.

I think one possible reason why a milk-based diet improves symptoms, while simultaneously causing constipation, is it doesn’t elicit a stress response that would help with elimination when peristalsis is weak. Same with a carnivore diet. By removing the foods that stimulate elimination via stress and consuming a diet of non-irritating foods like meat and milk, it can reveal underlying weak peristalsis caused by an under-active thyroid. Those who are high strung/run on adrenaline and who don’t produce lactase efficiently to digest lactose, possibly due to intestinal lining damage as lactase is produced in a healthy intestine, have no issue eliminating meat and dairy but again, it’s due to a stress response.

I think it’s wise to give thyroid a chance before changing too much. It always took a couple of weeks after increasing my thyroid dose for me to feel the full effect of it, and it can take time to establish a good dose. In the meantime, have you tried magnesium bicarb water? I’m wondering if it would reduce the constipation you get with milk, but do so in a gentle way as to not worsen your symptoms? The only problem is finding milk of magnesia without sodium hypochlorite, unless you’re not sensitive to it? I tried finding a source last night to post here, but I was unable to find one free of it. I used to get the GoodSense brand from Amazon, but the listing says it’s currently unavailable. In case you find a source, here is the recipe:

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Update:

Just after posting my last update, I became very ill. Since greatly reducing my fruit consumption at the beginning of the year, I was consuming small amounts of fruit daily that I had saved in my freezer from when I was on a fruit-based diet, but decided to up my intake to get rid of them faster—I don’t care for most of them—and suffered a bad allergic reaction. I had been experiencing random hives for quite a while, but I had a hard time pinpointing the culprit. I found it! lol Thankfully, I don’t react to the handful of local fruits I’ve been consuming since childhood because they’re the ones I like. I now question if I’ve been allergic to the other fruit all along because how I’ve been feeling since eliminating them is shocking. I’ve been in a constant state of joy, like I’m living in technicolor and life holds a world of possibility. It reminds me of a child’s state. They haven’t accumulated years of pain that have jaded their view of what is possible. I’ve been in this state for three weeks now and for a brief moment, I questioned how long I can sustain it, all this feel good, “high-vibe” energy in this little body. The best part, it hasn’t required that I mind over matter anything so it gives, not takes. For me, mind over matter takes an exhaustive amount of energy when I’m not okay that it actually becomes a net negative. It’s why I don’t force myself to think positive when I’m not feeling so. And this brings me to the main reason for this post.

I’ve been receiving questions from members regarding my manifestation technique I mentioned in a thread a month ago and it occurred to me that I’ve never really gone into detail about it—just a brief mention of it here and there. It’s something that has been part of my self-love practice and essential to my healing. It helped me get through the worst of my disease, when I felt like a prisoner in my body and life. Due to the severity of my injury, doctors warned me that the rest of my spine could collapse and leave me paralyzed so for the first year, the only time I left the house was for doctor’s appointments, scheduled back-to-back to avoid extra outings, and since I had lost all but one friend when I fractured, I spent most of my time alone so I needed a way to distract myself from the pain and my mind’s ruminating thoughts of how to heal me. Tapping into my creativity and imagination kept my spirit up and my hope alive and helped me to get into a place of cultivating belief—that it was possible to overcome my injury and manifest it into reality. I suspect that I’m not the only one who has, at one point in their healing journey, felt like they were a prisoner of their illness so I thought I would talk about my technique in case some might find it helpful.

There are quite a few good books on manifestation such as The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton, Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza and books by Gregg Braden such as The Spontaneous Healing of Belief, and even Ray talked about how our thoughts affect the permeability of our guts so there is something to the theory of mind over matter, however, as you can probably guess, I didn’t find mind techniques to be the most effective, personally. I found it difficult when I was sick to think myself well, especially coming from years of having been so engrossed in scientific literature and logic-based thinking. In my experience and the experience of other people I know, it can be difficult to change the mind’s narrative of “I’ll believe it when I see it” to “I’ll see it when I believe it” and when we’re sick, it can actually make health worse because of the energy it takes, something that the ill are often in short supply of.

The most effective and least complicated way I found to manifest health is dedicating time to doing things that bring me joy, as much as I’m capable of in the condition I’m in, and I continue to increase it as my health improves. I adapted my technique from a study I came across just after my spine collapsed and a commonality I noticed among those who experienced NDEs, particularly how the state of joy seems to be a similar energetic state to the one they were in when their miraculous and spontaneous healing occurred. In the study, elderly participants were put into an environment that replicated the most happiest period of their lives—the 1950s, when they were raising families. The furniture, decor, clothing, food, music etc. were all 50s inspired and after the study was over, they found that not only had the participants’ health improved, their bones actually grew. To me, it’s the result of intense joy. If you’ve ever experienced being in love, it’s akin to the honeymoon effect. Even the old feels new and exciting and full of promise and endless possibilities. It’s like how young children derive so much pleasure out of the most seemingly insignificant things. For example, they are known to prefer the box a gift came in to the gift itself.

One of the first joys I prioritized when I fractured was food. Having followed a fruitarian diet for almost 4 years when my spine collapsed, I experienced so much joy when I reintroduced animal proteins into my diet, particularly dairy. I enjoyed food again and everything surrounding it—growing, sourcing, preparing, eating and sharing it. I even used it as physical therapy. Part of my learning how to walk again involved baking. I used the counter to hold myself up, while moving around the kitchen. I’m not sure why my doctors never thought to give me crutches but nonetheless, I managed to create some pretty fancy desserts. I also visited my first farm that would forever change the way I view animal ethics and nutrition. Though, I like certain fruits, they don’t hit the spot like raw milk. My first glass of it after years of fruitarianism was like a revelation. I understood what proper nutrition actually felt like when consuming it. It was so satisfying I was wiggling with joy, you know, doing the happy dance. I forgot what it was like to enjoy a food so much that it made me giddy. That childlike, giddy feeling is the healing feeling, the ultimate state of regeneration, and my tests during that time reflected it.

For most of my life, I had a restless spirit and one of my goals was to cultivate so much internal peace that I could sit in an empty room and not want to be anywhere but there in that moment. It’s what I believe we are born knowing, before life’s hardships have eroded it—the pleasure of just being alive. It’s my belief that by honoring the child within us and following our joy, we fall back in love with ourselves and our lives. This to me is how real cellular regeneration occurs—going beyond the cell to the self and realizing the love you are and honoring the eternal youth that resides in you no matter how much time passes. You want your fountain of youth? You already have it. You’ve always had it. What brings out your inner child? What makes you come alive? Currently, for me, it’s drawing:

08A17E34-1E2F-474E-BA17-040D2C399A3E.jpeg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH8YyrwKSs0

youngsinatra

I think I really need to build a space for my inner child after reading your last post. I myself work with children professionally (kindergarden for children with and without special needs) and I sometimes find myself tapping into that energy of play when I’m accompanied by them. It brings me back into states of joy and reactivates imagination, that I used to experience in my childhood, but don’t experience much at all in my adulthood. The question in my head became „Where and why did we stop to play?“

I find it hard, because I constantly get so drained from work stress and don’t have the resource for „play“ afterwards. I‘m actually close to a burnout diagnosis and have been off-work for 5 weeks. Supplemental thyroid and dialing in nutrition helps immensely, but a problematic environment is so strong and sometimes overpowering.

Dutchie

@Jennifer I'm sorry you gotten sick from the fruit, but glad you came out of it for the better. :)

I've become more inclined (too) towards the idea, that eating a diet of mostly local/regional food probably has the most effect in terms of health, enjoyment, environmental impact (if one would care about that), etc.

100% agree that getting back to your inner child (the times you felt most alive)&childhood joys are healing.
Personally, for some reason, it's easiest for me to make and have the strongest connection during late Fall/Winter (towards the end of the year).
It's not like I can't do so in Spring and Summer ,but I don't feel it all the way through my core.
Actually Spring/Summer I feel a strong connection to the teenage child (interests).
Whichever 2 of the 'children'/Seasons is at the at the steering wheel, I notice it affects and completely changes my interests,taste in music etc. to which I liked at that time period.

Do you also notice that Seasons have an impact on this?

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I can feel your vitality and lightness through your writing, @Jennifer. I always feel more optimistic after reading one of your posts.

Oh, good! That’s exactly what I’m hoping for with my posts. :) How have you been? Has your digestion improved since increasing your thyroid dose?

I think I really need to build a space for my inner child after reading your last post. I myself work with children professionally (kindergarden for children with and without special needs) and I sometimes find myself tapping into that energy of play when I’m accompanied by them. It brings me back into states of joy and reactivates imagination, that I used to experience in my childhood, but don’t experience much at all in my adulthood. The question in my head became „Where and why did we stop to play?“

I find it hard, because I constantly get so drained from work stress and don’t have the resource for „play“ afterwards. I‘m actually close to a burnout diagnosis and have been off-work for 5 weeks. Supplemental thyroid and dialing in nutrition helps immensely, but a problematic environment is so strong and sometimes overpowering.

I’m really sorry you’re close to burnout. :( No doubt it’s a challenge to play when in such a state. When I had burnout, I did a lot of napping, puzzles and building with legos. They were enough to take my mind off of illness temporarily. Oh, and long drives with my friend and dogs. The chance to get out, while conserving what little energy I had was really good for my mental well-being. I took care of children for a living so I know what you mean about tapping into the energy of play when accompanied by them, and I too have questioned why we stop playing. Western culture doesn’t seem to support it or rest. It fosters the no pain, no gain mentality. I believe in working hard, but illness has taught me that I can’t work hard if I don’t also play and rest hard.

@Jennifer I'm sorry you gotten sick from the fruit, but glad you came out of it for the better. :)

I've become more inclined (too) towards the idea, that eating a diet of mostly local/regional food probably has the most effect in terms of health, enjoyment, environmental impact (if one would care about that), etc.

100% agree that getting back to your inner child (the times you felt most alive)&childhood joys are healing.
Personally, for some reason, it's easiest for me to make and have the strongest connection during late Fall/Winter (towards the end of the year).
It's not like I can't do so in Spring and Summer ,but I don't feel it all the way through my core.
Actually Spring/Summer I feel a strong connection to the teenage child (interests).
Whichever 2 of the 'children'/Seasons is at the at the steering wheel, I notice it affects and completely changes my interests,taste in music etc. to which I liked at that time period.

Do you also notice that Seasons have an impact on this?

Thank you, Joëlle. I appreciate that. :)

Setting aside sensitivities that developed in more recent years, do you find that the foods you’ve tolerated the best over the years are local to your region or at least, similar to traditional Dutch foods?

I did, yes. When I was following the fruitarian diet, I experienced a change in my interests during the fall and winter—they involved things that reminded me of summer from my childhood—but since increasing my fat and protein intake last year, my interests have stayed the same, just my energy has dictated what I’m able to do. Like last month when I became ill, I had so little energy that I couldn’t train so instead, I spent that time drawing the peacocks. I wonder if your sun sensitivity and not feeling your inner child to the core in the spring and summer stem from the same shares a cause? Speaking of the sun sensitivity, I hope your legs have been treating you kindly. :)

Dutchie

Setting aside sensitivities that developed in more recent years, do you find that the foods you’ve tolerated the best over the years are local to your region or at least, similar to traditional Dutch foods?

Uhm....I guess, I'd have to look back towards the time when I just started (Paleo). I could tolerate meats&fish (still do), carrots/parsnips,beets,kale/leafy greens/herbs,cabbage , potatoes...later on also small amount of leek,not sure about onions or fruits.
The type of veg/roots I mentioned would be ancestrally typical for (Northern and Central) Europe....along with (cow) dairy and certain grains.
I all enjoyed eating these in various combinations in meals/recipes as a kid.
As far as fruit goes, I liked strawberries,cherries,peach/apricot,apples....lol,I don't know if I liked them bc they were commonly available and served here,so I I just didn't know any better or that it was subconsciously choosing a regional diet.
Peating with oranges,mango and other rropical fruits, coconut etc. was fun and tasty, but probably not the best choices for my hereditary constitution.

I did, yes. When I was following the fruitarian diet, I experienced a change in my interests during the fall and winter—they involved things that reminded me of summer from my childhood—but since increasing my fat and protein intake last year, my interests have stayed the same, just my energy has dictated what I’m able to do. Like last month when I became ill, I had so little energy that I couldn’t train so instead, I spent that time drawing the peacocks. I wonder if your sun sensitivity and not feeling your inner child to the core in the spring and summer stem from the same shares a cause? Speaking of the sun sensitivity, I hope your legs have been treating you kindly. :)

Yes, I can definitely see interests changing bc of energy production/output. I've had that happen too. In the beginning years during Winter, I've had interest for Summer activities (from my childhood )too. I tend to think,back then it was a craving for vit.D ...and warmth possibly.
It could be that the sun sensitivity is part of this phenomena. I was thinking if it might be bc of stronger associations from different era.
During Fall/Winter it's also the Holiday season and bc of that I'm reminded of several Holiday occasions (when most of my family was still alive),when I was still very young. I guess, the nostalgia adds to the ease of feeling how I felt back then.
Whereas Spring/Summer mostly reminds me of Festivals, which I started visiting from my teens so I naturally also feel more inclined towards music from that era and heavier music in general. Whereas during Winter, the past years, I've been less into heavier or even new music for that matter...I tend to gravitate more towards older/80's music.

Speaking of the sun sensitivity, I hope your legs have been treating you kindly. :)

Thank you :)
This past weekend we've visited a big music festival and although my legs/walking (and gut) don't feel like they're functioning normally, they surprisingly behaved well! Thankfully, no repeat of last year
I think, what saved me was that the bands we wanted to see,played in the evening so we arrived later in the day.
I always thought it was related to how bright the sun's shining, but it's caused by how strong/high the UV-index is, bc I'd noticed that I have the same difficulty sometimes on (semi)clouded says and when I checked, the UV index would still be high.
It's still a mystery to me,why this started happening and ,as you know,so it is for docs.....skin issues are the only signs they look for and typically is the info out there: high UV&skin allergies,skin cancer risks etc.

Vileplume

Oh, good! That’s exactly what I’m hoping for with my posts. :) How have you been? Has your digestion improved since increasing your thyroid dose?
I’ve been pretty good, definitely miles ahead of where I was years ago. There are several days each week where I feel vibrant and sharp, but I’m still working on getting my digestive system (and white tongue) to be consistent. It doesn’t help that coffee seems to cause me bloating, but I always crave it. I just love the way it wakes up my brain. Anyway, I feel like I’m getting closer to finding my healthy equilibrium (which may or may not include coffee).

I actually currently take no thyroid, because I suspected that cynomel and cynoplus’ additives may have caused some irritation. I’m not sure that was the case, but I’m trying to be minimalist for now—even with supplements and thyroid.

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

Uhm....I guess, I'd have to look back towards the time when I just started (Paleo). I could tolerate meats&fish (still do), carrots/parsnips,beets,kale/leafy greens/herbs,cabbage , potatoes...later on also small amount of leek,not sure about onions or fruits.
The type of veg/roots I mentioned would be ancestrally typical for (Northern and Central) Europe....along with (cow) dairy and certain grains.
I all enjoyed eating these in various combinations in meals/recipes as a kid.
As far as fruit goes, I liked strawberries,cherries,peach/apricot,apples....lol,I don't know if I liked them bc they were commonly available and served here,so I I just didn't know any better or that it was subconsciously choosing a regional diet.
Peating with oranges,mango and other rropical fruits, coconut etc. was fun and tasty, but probably not the best choices for my hereditary constitution.

Ah, okay. Did you crave as much iron-rich meat growing up as you do now? The foods you listed are also typical for this region, plus squash and sweet corn. Strawberries, peaches and apples were 3 of the handful of fruits I ate as a child. I grew up in a town surrounded by orchards and farms so we got our fruit direct from them, often picking our own, and the difference in flavor and texture is huge. I actually preferred apple and grape juice to orange juice, and still do. The only tropical fruit I can recall eating regularly while growing up is coconut and it’s one of my favorite fruits/drupes. I like mangoes, but even as a child I was allergic to them.

Yes, I can definitely see interests changing bc of energy production/output. I've had that happen too. In the beginning years during Winter, I've had interest for Summer activities (from my childhood )too. I tend to think,back then it was a craving for vit.D ...and warmth possibly.
It could be that the sun sensitivity is part of this phenomena. I was thinking if it might be bc of stronger associations from different era.
During Fall/Winter it's also the Holiday season and bc of that I'm reminded of several Holiday occasions (when most of my family was still alive),when I was still very young. I guess, the nostalgia adds to the ease of feeling how I felt back then.
Whereas Spring/Summer mostly reminds me of Festivals, which I started visiting from my teens so I naturally also feel more inclined towards music from that era and heavier music in general. Whereas during Winter, the past years, I've been less into heavier or even new music for that matter...I tend to gravitate more towards older/80's music.

Since I couldn’t get my vitamin D level up to save my life back then, I think it’s safe to say that mine was a craving for vitamin D, too. It makes sense that the nostalgia of holiday occasions when most of your family was still alive adds to the ease. That’s how I feel about the time before the molestation and entering school when the bullying started. It might be why, to this day, 80s music is my feel good music. Also, classic rock possibly because that’s what my dad’s band plays and they used to practice in our basement.

Thank you :)
This past weekend we've visited a big music festival and although my legs/walking (and gut) don't feel like they're functioning normally, they surprisingly behaved well! Thankfully, no repeat of last year
I think, what saved me was that the bands we wanted to see,played in the evening so we arrived later in the day.
I always thought it was related to how bright the sun's shining, but it's caused by how strong/high the UV-index is, bc I'd noticed that I have the same difficulty sometimes on (semi)clouded says and when I checked, the UV index would still be high.
It's still a mystery to me,why this started happening and ,as you know,so it is for docs.....skin issues are the only signs they look for and typically is the info out there: high UV&skin allergies,skin cancer risks etc.

Oh, good! I’m glad you didn’t have a repeat of last year. That was scary! It would be nice if you knew why you are so sensitive to UV light, especially since doctors haven’t been any help, but at least you were able to enjoy the music festival this year. That’s something!

OP
Jennifer

Jennifer

I’ve been pretty good, definitely miles ahead of where I was years ago. There are several days each week where I feel vibrant and sharp, but I’m still working on getting my digestive system (and white tongue) to be consistent. It doesn’t help that coffee seems to cause me bloating, but I always crave it. I just love the way it wakes up my brain. Anyway, I feel like I’m getting closer to finding my healthy equilibrium (which may or may not include coffee).

I actually currently take no thyroid, because I suspected that cynomel and cynoplus’ additives may have caused some irritation. I’m not sure that was the case, but I’m trying to be minimalist for now—even with supplements and thyroid.

How wonderful that you have several days now where you feel vibrant and sharp, especially without thyroid supplementation, but too bad about coffee still causing you bloating. I know of a few members beside yourself who experience irritation from cynplus so you’re not alone. I think it’s wise that you’re keeping your diet and supplement regimen minimal. If things continue to progress for me as they have, I should be off thyroid soon enough. I’ve already had to drop my dose twice since switching to TyroMix 4 months ago. Though, my pulse was stable in the mid 80s, my temp shot up to 100° when I removed the allergenic fruit from my diet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals