Low Toxin Diet It's wild watching people defend a synthetic orange pigment found in plants that's been repeatedly shown to slowly kill people

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

RealNeat

Im confused, how is it synthetic? Am I missing something?

Sumbody

Im confused, how is it synthetic? Am I missing something?
C40H56 is the molecular formula assigned by us humans upon discovery. The name derived from a combination of a Greek and Latin word.

While it is synthesized today for various purposes, perhaps this is the author's point. However it would appear that they are unaware that it has existed in nature as a naturally occurring substance long before humans.

RealNeat

C40H56 is the molecular formula assigned by us humans upon discovery. The name derived from a combination of a Greek and Latin word.

While it is synthesized today for various purposes, perhaps this is the author's point. However it would appear that they are unaware that it has existed in nature as a naturally occurring substance long before humans.
Hence my confusion about the claim.

Richiebogie

Perhaps he was thinking of carrots. They were initially purple, black or white.

Then they were artificially selected to be orange!

RealNeat

Perhaps he was thinking of carrots. They were initially purple, black or white.

Then they were artificially selected to be orange!
both purple and black carrots have orange or yellow in the middle. The word synthetic just can not apply to beta carotene, its not synthetic, nor is retinol. Discussing the effects of such compounds is one thing but labeling them as synthetic when they are clearly found in nature is very odd.

Richiebogie

@RealNeat

Yes. Carotenoids are natural chemicals found in vegetables.

Of course consuming huge amounts, Eg. by preparing and drinking carrot juice is somewhat unnatural!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals