IT BEGINS: Airlines To Require "Health Pass"; Vaccine Certificate

Comstock

You know, most people are wary of the vaccine now based on surveys, and most people are now used to not flying. I wonder if they'll just continue to not fly for a while if vaccines are required.

The best time to require something the public doesn't really want is while everyone is still flying. Now is probably the worst time to do it, from a business perspective.

yerrag

Airlines hurting, blackmailed by the deep state and big pharma. Surrendering.

Such is the power of the deep state.

I will never board an airplane again.

**** them!

tankasnowgod

You guys have to stop posting misleading headlines. That's not what the story said. Byline of the story-

"Airlines are likely to require passengers to sign up for a “health pass” which includes a digital certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 before allowing them to fly, according to a new report."

Ah. "Likely" to require passengers to have a health pass, according to a "report." Not any specific airline itself.

It hasn't "begun," as you claim in the headline. In fact in this article, it even clarifies that Ticketmaster itself didn't make any decisions along these lines.

Yeah, sure, ideas like this are being floated, and maybe it will come to pass in some fashion, but stop spreading fear based on things that haven't yet happened. It was belief in prophecy that scared everyone into compliance in the first place.

tankasnowgod

You know, most people are wary of the vaccine now based on surveys, and most people are now used to not flying. I wonder if they'll just continue to not fly for a while if vaccines are required.

The best time to require something the public doesn't really want is while everyone is still flying. Now is probably the worst time to do it, from a business perspective.

Probably why it won't happen anytime soon (though I wouldn't doubt it's something that groups like the CFR are planning and/or trying to implement).

mrchibbs

@tankasnowgod

It's still very scary that we're even talking about this.

mrchibbs

No, it's scary that the world was shut down OVER A MYTH OF A COMMON COLD VIRUS.

You've seen how compliant people are. Why would a baseless story about the idea to get them to comply even more scare you?

I think we're saying the same thing lol

pauljacob

If they do, and that would be business suicide, then other airlines would quickly sprout up, that won't require health pass.

tankasnowgod

If they do, and that would be business suicide, then other airlines would quickly sprout up, that won't require health pass.

Just like all those airlines that sprouted up that don't require you to go through a TSA checkpoint, right?

OP
Y

YourUniverse

I think these start with little leaks, as above. Reports of brainstorm or ideas. Slowly this becomes acceptable in mass psyche. Right now it feels atrocious (and for many it will always feel that way) but it will become more normal in time unfortunately.

revenant

Apples and Oranges. Not a good analogy.

For certificate-free airlines to spring up would require the existence of a free market. But there isn't one. It doesn't matter if the airlines that do require a COVID pass make losses of billions of dollars, the Fed will simply pump more money into the system and bail them out. There's no such thing as "voting with your wallet" anymore.

pauljacob

Not very recently, I had to urgently fly from Phoenix to the Midwest. The price by all regular carriers was close to $600 one way. I took the flight, in another airline, from a middle-of-nowhere airport, for $200, all fees and taxes included. Came back same way. As George Bernard Shaw said: "You see things and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were and I say "Why Not?"

tankasnowgod

Because you made an a priori observation instead of going into unexplored possibilities.

Wut?

You were talking about airline regulations hurting airline businesses, and I mentioned the increased TSA security after 9/11, which certainly is comparable, and not "a priori." It's the exact same industry, and talking about similar restrictive measures put on passengers. Those measures actually happened, so it's not like there is zero evidence for that analogy.

Nicole W.

No, it's scary that the world was shut down OVER A MYTH OF A COMMON COLD VIRUS.

You've seen how compliant people are. Why would a baseless story about the idea to get them to comply even more scare you?
I think they disseminate these stories to get people used to the idea. It’s all about exposure. If you hear it enough times, it becomes familiar, it ultimately becomes AN EXPECTATION. It also lessens the shock and horror of the execution of the idea, whatever it is. The first time they floated the idea of a lockdown (don’t worry, its just for 2 weeks!) to mitigate the overwhelm experienced by hospitals ...people were naturally shocked, upset, appalled. Yesterday, our Gov instituted another lockdown/curfew policy in CA and the general public are like... Oh, okay, no biggie. Expectations are different now. Little by little, we’ve come to accept the unacceptable. if you keep on hearing that X is going to happen sometime in the future. It results in less pushback... less indignation... less resistance to the idea, I guess.

tankasnowgod

I think they disseminate these stories to get people used to the idea. It’s all about exposure. If you hear it enough times, it becomes familiar, it ultimately becomes AN EXPECTATION. It also lessens the shock and horror of the execution of the idea, whatever it is. The first time they floated the idea of a lockdown (don’t worry, its just for 2 weeks!) to mitigate the overwhelm experienced by hospitals ...people were naturally shocked, upset, appalled. Yesterday, our Gov instituted another lockdown/curfew policy in CA and the general public are like... Oh, okay, no biggie. Expectations are different now. Little by little, we’ve come to accept the unacceptable. if you keep on hearing that X is going to happen sometime in the future. It results in less pushback... less indignation... less resistance to the idea, I guess.

What are you talking about? He didn't institute another policy, considering the first one never ended. Maybe he just made some modifications.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals