Is Sudden Caffeine/Nicotine Intolerance A Sign I Am Not Longer Hypo/adrenal Fatigued?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

Over the last few weeks I have I have become increasingly Caffeine/Nicotine Intolerant.

Normally I could handle 2 cups of coffee in the morning, and nicotine regularly throughout the day for years.

1) Half a cup of coffee now sends me into an Adrenaline/hyperthyroid state.

2) A single Snus pouch makes me sweat and feel anxious. And I quickly take it out.

3) Orange juice/Straight sugar causes a hyper state.

My two favorite "crutchs" are now causing me more harm than good. I may have to drop both to avoid feeling anxious and panicky.

My health is drastically improved and so has metabolism. I can handle Half a pint of ice cream at night, eat all day and get leaner, stronger, and more muscular.

Is this a sign I am no longer hypo/adrenal fatigue. Like my body is actually producing enough pregnenolone and when I introduce a stimulate it converts straight to cortisol?

Any input is Welcome.
Thanks

DaveFoster

You need to measure your temperature and pulse, and TSH along with total T3 could tell you more.

Xisca

I find your question very interesting.
More even than what the title says: The good signs you mention are very significant and I agree with the suggestion. Temp and pulse are easy to take. Libido variations should also be good signs!

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

I find your question very interesting.
More even than what the title says: The good signs you mention are very significant and I agree with the suggestion. Temp and pulse are easy to take. Libido variations should also be good signs!

Pulse is like 95. Libido is through the roof. Cannot test the other two atm.

Broken man

Haidut wrote that children could take more caffeine because of higher metabolism and that caffeine is good tool for measuring liver health.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Haidut wrote that children could take more caffeine because of higher metabolism and that caffeine is good tool for measuring liver health.

This is a concern of mine. I have read that and have over the last two weeks really stepped up the fat consumption. Hagendaz every night, 1-2 glasses of whole milk, some cheese...etc.

This has done wonders for libido,strength, body composition(abs), and water weight. But may be hindering liver function. Am not sure..

Broken man

Caffeine Is A Potent Anti-estrogen; Can Block Estrogen "receptor" Completely
How fast caffeine is metabolized is used clinically to diagnose liver disease. I agree with the conditioning effects, but if a person can't handle even 100mg caffeine without shaking/crashing this does not bode well for their liver function. They also won't be able to adjust that well to caffeine and will probably stay at the low dose for a long time. When their caffeine tolerance improves it will likely be due to improved liver function and not so much downregualtion of adenosine receptors. Here is something to consider.

Last edited:
J

James IV

Could be.
This is a concern of mine. I have read that and have over the last two weeks really stepped up the fat consumption. Hagendaz every night, 1-2 glasses of whole milk, some cheese...etc.

This has done wonders for libido,strength, body composition(abs), and water weight. But may be hindering liver function. Am not sure..

If all of those health markers (especially body comp) are improving, then the fat is NOT hindering your liver function. In fact, it sounds like you were probably low in fat, cholesterol, calories, vit A, or something the additional food is providing.

ilikecats

@Amarsh213 this is definitely an interesting topic. Im not sure hiaduts right to be honest... I remember when I used to guzzle caffeine all day everyday just to stay functional when I was super hypothyroid. Now my caffeine intake is down and I don't feel a need for it

J

James IV

@Amarsh213 this is definitely an interesting topic. Im not sure hiaduts right to be honest... I remember when I used to guzzle caffeine all day everyday just to stay functional when I was super hypothyroid. Now my caffeine intake is down and I don't feel a need for it

It's important to differentiate what people mean when they say they "can't handle" caffine. Caffeine is very similar to thyroid in the sense that it's more useful in a hypo state. It can maintain metabolism even in the absence of proper nutrition (for a while). This is basically how most folks "use" caffeine these days, just to stay functional.
So getting that cold, jittery, crashing feeling (usually when pushing the metabolism too hard in deficient, hypo state) is very different from the hyper, hot, overstimulated feeling you get from going hyper in a nutritionally adequate state. However, people will often say they "can't handle" caffeine in both cases.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Could be.

If all of those health markers (especially body comp) are improving, then the fat is NOT hindering your liver function. In fact, it sounds like you were probably low in fat, cholesterol, calories, vit A, or something the additional food is providing.

I believe your spot on with your analysis.

When I switched to a lot more fat. Everything sort of clicked with my body. Testosterone and Strength have gone up. Water Weight down.

I am still curious why I lost the ability to use caffeine and nicotine. I simply cannot tolerate it, almost over night.

Even sugar like Oj or gatorade sends my heart rate up to 100 and make me anxious, When I use to be able to drink two pints of OJ and tons of honeyed milk a few months ago.

I guess I fixed my metabolism?

Prosper

Other way around for me...
Same. Caffeine gave me a lot of anxiety and weird hyper-energy when I was low carbing and not getting enough nutrition. Now I can drink as much as I want and not get any stress reaction. The downside is that I don't get that hyper-energy either. It seems that the better my metabolism is, the less coffee has ANY kind of effect on me. I just become slightly more alert and get rid of the withdrawals.

If even OJ makes you anxious, in my opinion that is a sign that your metabolism is definitely not OK

schultz

When I feel my best I seem to be able to drink endless coffee, but at the same time don't really "need" the coffee. There are days when I am out and about doing something and I don't get a chance to drink any coffee and I don't really notice. Normally I work from home and drink latte's all day long. Last winter my tolerance went down for some reason. I could only handle a few coffees and then I would get a headache and feel nauseous. That went away and now I am back to being able to drink seemingly infinite lattes!

Wagner83

At high doses for days coffee ended up making me relaxed and a bit sleepy when well fed...

J

James IV

Same. Caffeine gave me a lot of anxiety and weird hyper-energy when I was low carbing and not getting enough nutrition.

If even OJ makes you anxious, in my opinion that is a sign that your metabolism is definitely not OK

The problem was likely the latter.

OJ makes a lot of people have adrenaline symptoms. It's not uncommon, although, I can't say exactly what the mechanism is. Even Danny Roddy has said he cannot do OJ at night because it causes him insomnia.
I definitely don't think hyper symptoms from too much sugar is a sign of poor metabolism, quite the opposite in fact.

Xisca

Cafein has to be detox by liver and some genetics have a weakness there.
Also I have known people Who could not handle coffee AND Milk. In that case it is a clear liver problem.

Body needs balance. Not to be able to handle too much is not a bad sign.

Remember you take more dairy, so try some little black coffee very separated from dairy, and see...

Wagner83

In fact, it sounds like you were probably low in fat, cholesterol, calories, vit A, or something the additional food is providing.
Besides liver I don't see foods with relevant vitamin A content Vitamin A and E content in dairy products: their contribution to the recommended dietary allowances (RDA) for elderly people. - PubMed - NCBI:
Based on recommended intakes for dairy products in Spain, the consumption of three standard portions / day provide about 16% and 3% of the RDI for vitamin A (1000 ug/d) and E (15 mg/d), respectively. The same consumption but using fortified/ supplemented milk and yoghourt, may increase the contribution up to 39% (vitamin A) and 24% (vitamin E) of the RDI for elderly subjects.
Reported Dietary Intake and Food Sources of Zinc, Selenium, and Vitamins A, E and C in the Spanish Population: Findings from the ANIBES Study. - PubMed - NCBI
The main source intakes for zinc were meat and meat products, for selenium cereals and grains, for vitamin E oils and fat, and for vitamin A and C vegetables. There is an elevated percentage of the Spanish ANIBES population not meeting the EFSA recommended intakes for all analysed micronutrients: zinc (83%), vitamin A (60%), vitamin E (80%), vitamin C (36%) and selenium (25%).

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Cafein has to be detox by liver and some genetics have a weakness there.
Also I have known people Who could not handle coffee AND Milk. In that case it is a clear liver problem.

Body needs balance. Not to be able to handle too much is not a bad sign.

Remember you take more dairy, so try some little black coffee very separated from dairy, and see...

Interesting. A month Back Over vacation I was having Black coffee with sugar and could drink several cups.

At home I always have it with whole milk which may be the current issue. Will try tomorrow.

Does it matter if I have ice cream the night before?

Xisca

I guess it is the mix, so the night before IMO is ok. I d say as long as they are not together in stomach.

The 2 biggest cases I knew reported either liver problem -yellow- or constant headache. So symtoms vary.

It was confirmed by a doctor Who told me others on reverse need the milk, and she was in this case.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals