Is Propranolol Unique Or Can Other Beta Blockers Be Used For PTSD, Bad Memories etc...?

Clyde

There are lots of potential applications for this lipophilic and non-selective beta blocker. Can any other beta blockers be used or is it special?

Metoprolol seems to be similar (although more selective and less lipophilic). Could it probably be substituted and work as well?

Razvan

Anything that blocks adrenaline should work.
Atenolol felt the same like propanolol for me.

golder

does anyone know a good comparison for the pros and cons for all of the ‘olols’

Pablo Cruise

does anyone know a good comparison for the pros and cons for all of the ‘olols’
First, Propranolol was the first lipophilic beta blocker. Atenolol is hydrophilic which is why I do not care for it. Most all are lypophilic and that in turn becomes efficacy. Off the top of my head, Propranolol has studies behind it and doses can be titrated better so dosing can be adjusted more precisely if we can say that. Most of the beta blockers are taken once a day and some are more cardio specific. Propranolol is an exception.

Bottom line, as the other reader ably noted, any beta blocker could treat PTSD along with possible side effects. If you are looking for a "better" b-blocker for yourself, it might be trial and error. We all react differently to medications but the actions of all b-blockers is very similar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom