Is Molybdenum From Supplements Neurotoxic?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Hi Richard,
Depending on the molecular bond with other elements in the supplement ingested, the only strong antigen or antagonist in the Periodic Table is chromium. Try chromium picolinate from your health food store. Cheers, Mr_J
I thought I have read that Ray Peat said that chromium is toxic and even carcinogenic, is this correct?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mr_Jeff

Hi Richard,
There is an old statement that goes along the lines of - "There are no poisons, only poisonous concentrations." OR "All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison."
So, we can concur that it's the concentration or volume/mass size that is relevant in toxic measures.
You will notice I mentioned 'chromium picolinate' as an antigen or antagonist.
The emphasis here is the suffix word picolinate - that tells you it is very, very, very small amount from the word pico.
There are many things in life that are toxic in huge amounts - the trick is, to know the limits.
Hope this clears it up for you.
Cheers, Mr_Jeff.

magnesiumania

I just started to take molybedum glycinate to detoxify the desulfide of Thiamine TTFD-form. Popped 2 caps this morning and another one now. Not sure i notice anything but do not intend to take it for long....

A.R

I just started to take molybedum glycinate to detoxify the desulfide of Thiamine TTFD-form. Popped 2 caps this morning and another one now. Not sure i notice anything but do not intend to take it for long....
Are you still using molybdenum?

mosaic01

It's really helpful for people like me who have sulfur absorption issues

I had no idea it cold be toxic

I don't know what to make of this case study. The toxicity dose was extremely small. It's a pretty common dose, and I took such a dose myself with no issues.

I do think that molybdenum is not needed for most people, and when it's needed then only in supplement doses not exceeding 50mcg, even though serving sizes are usually larger. But I doubt that molybdenum is part of the toxic metal group, as the author suggests.

What "everyone" (as in most people who go low A) needs is magnesium, potassium and sodium. These are the three electrolytes that push toxic metals out directly. Selenium and molybdenum can have unexpected toxicity in pretty low doses and are not often needed, imho.

Selenium and molybdenum should probably not exceed 50mcg each when taken daily, and higher doses only with hair and blood tests. In some soils and foods, selenium content is very high.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals