Common Additive Titanium Dioxide Is Neurotoxic

eating silicon dioxide is always something we would have done in the past. Because it's common for dirt and clay to adhere to tubers and roots likely to function as an energy source. Even very small particles in clay may be nano size, who knows. I'm sure our bodies can deal with a bit of it.

DaveFoster

milk_lover said:
Crap! really? :lol: I had been taking GNC mixed tocopherols (Vitamin E) that lists soybean oil, gelatin, and glycerin as other ingredients in my high vitamin E experiment and I wasn't getting positive effects. Could glycerin be a reason? Why is it good to avoid it?
Really. I would put glycerin just under silica on the things to avoid. Both aren't ideal by any means, but if they're in a supplement that opposes estrogen (like Vitamin E, which I also take that has the ingredients you've mentioned) it's a net gain for the body.

BingDing

Hi DaveFoster, I'm curious about your opinion of glycerin, do you have any sources you could suggest? Triglycerides are made with it, which is very common both animal and plant fats.

TIA

Agent207

Titanium and silicon dioxide, while possible to avoid, are in a large amount of pharmaceuticals, including valuable medications like cyproheptadine, famotidine, clonidine, memantine, and even rasagilline. Is there any way to mitigate the effects of these excipients and still consume them in small quantitites?

Have you used rasagiline? if so, what dose and how did it go to you? Im looking to try some in moderate doses, around 1mg/week and maybe try the haidut idea to dilute the tablet in water and let the excipients precipite.

DaveFoster

Have you used rasagiline? if so, what dose and how did it go to you? Im looking to try some in moderate doses, around 1mg/week and maybe try the haidut idea to dilute the tablet in water and let the excipients precipite.
I did not use rasagilline or memantine. Look up the solubility, which I'm sure you have. Or you could just test it with one pill and measure any effect, and that should tell if it's water-soluble, but you could be losing some potency.

Agent207

Yeah I did... its soluble in water/ethanol/dmso at 53mg/ml. I hadn't thought on it losing potency; the idea was to disolve the 1mg tablet into 1ml of water and take 1/3 three times a week.

nograde

Hi DaveFoster, I'm curious about your opinion of glycerin, do you have any sources you could suggest? Triglycerides are made with it, which is very common both animal and plant fats.

TIA
I once asked Ray Peat about it because common VitE supps (eg UniqueE) caused explosive diarrhea for me. He wrote that even very small amounts of Glycerin cause intestinal irritation, which means Serotonin "all the way down". It's also the reason why it is commonly used as laxative.

John Estrada

Would you consider it safe for use on skin in the case of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide based sunscreens?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Luann

I have been noticing that titanium dioxide in the snacks I get sometimes causes me to wake up the next morning with a migraine. I am strictly avoiding the foods that usually give me headaches, so I definitely blame the titanium dioxide...

Dr. B

Is it safe to take supplements with microcrystalline cellulose? Solgar uses it a lot in its supplements which may explain why I don't respond well to them. It may not be as dangerous as silicon dioxide or titanium dioxide, but is it close?
Is it safe to assume that the reaction/effect we get from a supplement is due to the vitamin/mineral/amino acid themselves if they don't have the following:
1- silicon dioxide
2- titanium dioxide
3- microcrystalline cellulose?
magnesium stearate is another big one, i think worse than the cellulose?
also there is more, depends on the source of the supplement. like vitamin c could be pure but because many of it is sourced from fungus or molds it coul still cause bad symptoms apparently. supposedly modern vitamin c has excess lead in it too...

JanW55

Forum Supporter
Women's makeup in the United States (particularly the powder form but it was in all of it) featured titanium oxide for decades, and supposedly it was inert and safe and could act as a 'sunscreen' too so a big bonus there.

But as I became more and more sensitive myself, to all skin-touching preparations, I began to wonder about it. I also read (and this was years ago and NOT from R. Peat writings) that eating PUFA was what led to sunburn/skin damage and to avoid sunscreens (and PUFA) at all costs. (At least I took the sunscreen advice at that point, and kept on with the PUFA to some extent unfortunately.) In extreme situations I would smear on a little bit of zinc oxide from a tube and go with that, despite it making one look somewhat odd.

I managed to seemingly be OK with the 'earth minerals' powder makeup, when it became available, and could use a bit of that all right, but it was only shortly thereafter, that I finally had to give even that up, when I realized it caused me to sneeze quite a bit, just opening up the container. Granted it had rice powder in addition to the titanium oxide.

So, turning to Search Engine here:

Just seen on Internet, go check out https: // "tdma dot info" (no www) which assures users that Titanium Dioxide is safe and wonderful, etc., etc. but of course it would say that, being an industry site. The safecosmetics dot org site says TiO2 is safe ON the skin, but becomes problematic if INHALED.

I'm just very glad the rice powder (or whatever it was) in the 'earth minerals' made me sneeze and give the whole mess up. TiO2 safe or not.

Bottom line: Very grateful, Peat way of doing things has made my skin completely over and no makeup required.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals