Is it hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism?

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

It will dip that BS and up your cortisol.

Try some jello or pudding or ice cream to get in some carbs or carbs and fat.
I had some juice along side it.

I realized that, worst case scenario, this is just the tip of the iceberg and I’ll be needing to check myself into the hospital soon.

GodsHound

@redsun you’re right, I remember a week before a big storm it was really hot and humid and all I could do to cool down was sit in a cold bath. That was miserable. But I still think issues with heightened sympathetic nervous actions like anxiety/adrenaline is not caused by the actions of the thyroid hormones. But that’s not to say that supplementing T3 cannot disturb your system and lead to increased sensitivities, low blood sugar, stress hormone spikes & all sorts of unpredictable stuff.

Peatful

I had some juice along side it.

I realized that, worst case scenario, this is just the tip of the iceberg and I’ll be needing to check myself into the hospital soon.
No no.

Eat a griiled cheese. And sip on a cola with it.
A burger. And a side of fries or chips.
Or something easy to digest that agrees with you.

You’ll be ok.
But you need more than liver and juice-
I’ll tell you that…

InChristAlone

Oh I remember those days after messing with thyroid for too long. Super high adrenaline sensitivity. This went on for yrs and no one warned me it was a possibility besides the temperature reset guy who said if you fix your temp up be prepared to stay warm or you will get severe adrenal problems. If your hands and feet are cold you are in a sympathetic state. Get ice cream, sit under a heat lamp. Do anything you can to switch it off.

A

Adf

The best thing I have if I feel those symptoms such as irritability, quicker heart rate, cold feet etc is to warm up some milk and add a tablespoon of honey to it. Sometimes add a tablespoon of cocoa powder too but that has caffeine in it so it's a big sometimes.
Quick and delicious source of sugar and nutrients.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

I'll be going to the hospital soon as my pulse has not dropped.

InChristAlone

Good to get checked out. You may request a beta blocker instead of a benzo. That's what they did for me. Declared I was having a panic attack (which I was) and gave me a benzo. Which after taking it made my pulse go up again lol. But I did end up sleeping that night.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Good to get checked out. You may request a beta blocker instead of a benzo. That's what they did for me. Declared I was having a panic attack (which I was) and gave me a benzo. Which after taking it made my pulse go up again lol. But I did end up sleeping that night.
Completely agree. I have been in ER several times with tachycardia heart rate in the 160-170 range. I find that 1/2 of the lowest dose of beta blocker keeps all symptoms at bay, while not having any apparent side effects due to such a low dose. I am now reducing my T4 (for fatigue & cold-ness) slowly as I have recently concluded, thanks to these forums, that it might be contributing to my tachycardia, insomnia, irritability, you name it. After I have discontinued the T4 for a couple of weeks, I will try tapering the beta-blocker. But I'm old and may need the beta-blocker indefinitely.

InChristAlone

Completely agree. I have been in ER several times with tachycardia heart rate in the 160-170 range. I find that 1/2 of the lowest dose of beta blocker keeps all symptoms at bay, while not having any apparent side effects due to such a low dose. I am now reducing my T4 (for fatigue & cold-ness) slowly as I have recently concluded, thanks to these forums, that it might be contributing to my tachycardia, insomnia, irritability, you name it. After I have discontinued the T4 for a couple of weeks, I will try tapering the beta-blocker. But I'm old and may need the beta-blocker indefinitely.
Oh wow during the worst of the panic attack mine was at 145 and I thought that was bad! I know it can go quite a bit higher though.

Peatful

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

Green Dot

Green Dot

My symptoms began when I stopped taking thyroid.

Last month, I faced similar problems and they dissipated once I started taking thyroid again so I’m almost certain it was due to dropping thyroid.

I feel much better today and it aligns to what Peat claimed: [HOW TO STOP THYROID] If a person's thyroid gland has been inhibited by very high doses of a supplement, it takes only 2 or 3 days for the gland to resume full activity, and because it takes time for the hormone to be excreted, suddenly stopping a supplement shouldn't be noticeable, when the gland isn't being inhibited or malfunctioning.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
My symptoms began when I stopped taking thyroid.

Last month, I faced similar problems and they dissipated once I started taking thyroid again so I’m almost certain it was due to dropping thyroid.

I feel much better today and it aligns to what Peat claimed: [HOW TO STOP THYROID] If a person's thyroid gland has been inhibited by very high doses of a supplement, it takes only 2 or 3 days for the gland to resume full activity, and because it takes time for the hormone to be excreted, suddenly stopping a supplement shouldn't be noticeable, when the gland isn't being inhibited or malfunctioning.
So glad you feel better today.
I always taper off meds (not supplements) unless I am having a bad reaction such as 24hour severe headache or vomiting. For me, it is just safer.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

I always taper off meds (not supplements) unless I am having a bad reaction such as 24hour severe headache or vomiting. For me, it is just safer.
Thanks, Judi, and, yeah, I had to learn that the hard way.

GodsHound

Yeah it's a weird one. When I started supplementing thyroid I took a high dose of T3 and had an adrenaline response, a few hours later my heart rate dropped really low and would stop for a couple seconds. I took a further dose of T3 and my heart rate went back to normal. Really counter-intuitive but what had happened is I had overloaded my system with T3, triggering the liver sense a toxicity and deactivate T3, leading to an extreme hypothyroid state, and a further dose of T3 was required to normalise. I only figured that out by hearing Ray talk about a similar situation. The more experience you have the easier it is to figure out what's going on during these metabolic swings, but it can be scary not knowing what's happening.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals