Is it hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism?

Green Dot

I've been supplementing Cynoplus since June, I took about half a grain a day, sometimes 1.

I haven't taken any recently as I think the T4 should have built up by now but it seems that I'm feeling worse now.

My adrenaline feels pretty high, my pulse is also pretty high and I don't have an appetite and I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack somewhat often.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

Maybe I'm not eating enough but as I said, I don't have an appetite.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've been supplementing Cynoplus since June, I took about half a grain a day, sometimes 1.

I haven't taken any recently as I think the T4 should have built up by now but it seems that I'm feeling worse now.

My adrenaline feels pretty high, my pulse is also pretty high and I don't have an appetite and I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack somewhat often.
Hard to say without tests. T3 and noradrenaline work in synergy. If T3 goes high and noradrenaline stays high, then you can get panic attacks, rapid heart beat, etc. Excessive T3 can do the same even with noradrenaline being normal. It would be best to do a thyroid panel.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Maybe reduce the dose and try to eat more and see how your feel. Carbs and salt should help. Some aspirin as well.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

Maybe reduce the dose and try to eat more and see how your feel. Carbs and salt should help. Some aspirin as well.
Thanks for replying, Hans.

I'm a bit scared to touch any thyroid at the moment as I don't know where I'm going wrong. I guess I could have a bit of cabbage juice per Peat and see if I feel better?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for replying, Hans.

I'm a bit scared to touch any thyroid at the moment as I don't know where I'm going wrong. I guess I could have a bit of cabbage juice per Peat and see if I feel better?
Yes if you haven't used T4 recently, then don't start taking it. How long have you stopped using T4 now?

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

Hyperthyroidism symptoms according to Mayo Clinic:

Bolding the symptoms I've been experiencing.

People may experience:
Whole body: excess sweating, excessive hunger, fatigue, or heat intolerance
Behavioral: hyperactivity, irritability, or restlessness
Heart: abnormal heart rhythm, fast heart rate, or palpitations
Mood: mood swings, nervousness, or panic attack
Eyes: abnormal protrusion of eyes or puffy eyes
Menstrual: irregular menstruation or short and light menstruation
Sleep: difficulty falling asleep or insomnia
Also common: weight loss, diarrhea, hair loss, muscle weakness, tremor, or warm skin

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

GodsHound

I believe Ray when he says almost all 'hyperthyroidism' is a misdiagnosis. I also think it is impossible to feel ***t and be 'hyperthyroid' at the same time. When I started thyroid I got massive adrenaline response from even 0.2mcg T3. Over 5 months I worked up to 2 grains. Increasing T3 in the blood will always make your tissues more sensitive to adrenaline without increasing the concentration of adrenaline in the blood. There are many ways you can be hyper-metabolic, high adrenaline/cortisol/serotonin will make you hyper-metabolic without generating heat. If your extremities are colder than your core, you can be certain that adrenaline is playing a role.

You MUST eat properly when taking thyroid. How many calories are you getting? Being in a caloric deficit will stimulate stress hormones and will increase the conversion of T4 to RT3.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

I believe Ray when he says almost all 'hyperthyroidism' is a misdiagnosis. I also think it is impossible to feel ***t and be 'hyperthyroid' at the same time. When I started thyroid I got massive adrenaline response from even 0.2mcg T3. Over 5 months I worked up to 2 grains. Increasing T3 in the blood will always make your tissues more sensitive to adrenaline without increasing the concentration of adrenaline in the blood. There are many ways you can be hyper-metabolic, high adrenaline/cortisol/serotonin will make you hyper-metabolic without generating heat. If your extremities are colder than your core, you can be certain that adrenaline is playing a role.

You MUST eat properly when taking thyroid. How many calories are you getting? Being in a caloric deficit will stimulate stress hormones and will increase the conversion of T4 to RT3.
My hands do feel somewhat cold and I haven't been eating much as I get nausea if I do eat too much.

GodsHound

My hands do feel somewhat cold and I haven't been eating much as I get nausea if I do eat too much.
Persistent nausea is often related to gallbladder/liver disfunction. Try a glass of juice every hour, or whatever sugary thing you like, but be disciplined. I find it easy to forget to eat.

Peatful

You answered your own question.

You more than likely not eating enough.

I’ve said before- if this applies to you- t3 t4 is pushing on the accelerator with no gas in the tank / oil in the engine.

So no appetite due to high adrenaline or cortisol
High adrenaline or cortisol- cold hands
High cortisol - low thyroid

If i were you
- no more t3 or t4
- eat more

Some people do well with that Adrenal Cocktail
OJ. Coconut milk. A pinch of salt. A scoop of collogen.
Like an Orange Julius.

But
I think food vs liquids is a far better way

Ice cream?
Grilled cheese?
Beef stew?
Whatever you can tolerate.

Secondary -
If you can…
Try to keep your blood sugar steady
This will help settle your adrenals down
40/30/30 macros C/P/F
But if this overwhelms you- just eat more

Many a testimony of people going out to eat an easy to digest fast food meal and a pop; and they sleep like a baby.
Full and fed.

Hope this helps.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

You more than likely not eating enough.

I’ve said before- if this applies to you- t3 t4 is pushing on the accelerator with no gas in the tank / oil in the engine.

So no appetite due to high adrenaline or cortisol
High adrenaline or cortisol- cold hands
High cortisol - low thyroid

If i were you
- no more t3 or t4
- eat more

Some people do well with that Adrenal Cocktail
OJ. Coconut milk. A pinch of salt. A scoop of collogen.
Like an Orange Julius.

But
I think food vs liquids is a far better way

Ice cream?
Grilled cheese?
Beef stew?
Whatever you can tolerate.

Secondary -
If you can…
Try to keep your blood sugar steady
This will help settle your adrenals down
40/30/30 macros C/P/F
But if this overwhelms you- just eat more

Many a testimony of people going out to eat an easy to digest fast food meal and a pop; and they sleep like a baby.
Full and fed.

Hope this helps.
Awesome, great, thanks. I do not wish this feeling on anyone. Hopefully it clears up soon.

Peatful

Awesome, great, thanks. I do not wish this feeling on anyone. Hopefully it clears up soon.
It will
Just be consistent

Nothing wrong with smaller meals more frequently if you can’t tolerate bigger ones as you start

Enjoy your meal!
Seriously

redsun

There are a lot of good aspects but many bad ones that make it not worth it. I never got cold but also very easily overheated, sweating like crazy doing very little or nothing at all. Makes summer feel like literal hell on earth. Temp would easily reach 99.5 much of time especially if something triggered anxiety. This also can cause fever like symptoms such as cold extremities because the temperature set point is raised. And this is not because of catecholamines. The catecholamines are what signal the vasoconstrictive effect but its high thyroid hormones that causes the increased activity of the catecholamines which then triggers vasoconstriction.

Regular bouts of anxiety, adrenaline reactions, high pulse. Heat intolerance and high stress leading to bad insomnia. I always had energy but I could feel an underlying exhaustion but no matter what my body kept pushing me even when I had insomnia.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

Update: I had a few oz of liver and I no longer feel much of a sense of impending doom + my pulse has dropped a bit though it's still in the 95 bpm range.

I do hope that this isn't just the tip of the iceberg though.

Thanks everyone for all the help so far.

Peatful

Update: I had a few oz of liver and I no longer feel much of a sense of impending doom + my pulse has dropped a bit though it's still in the 95 bpm range.

I do hope that this isn't just the tip of the iceberg though.

Thanks everyone for all the help so far.
Protein alone is no bueno.
It will dip that BS and up your cortisol.

Try some jello or pudding or ice cream to get in some carbs or carbs and fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals