Is being physically active(exercising) essential in recovering metabolism?

FitnessMike

Waynish

Yes, unless you know how to accumulate Qi, but I've only seen a handful of people capable, despite various claims, in all of my travels.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Yes, unless you know how to accumulate Qi, but I've only seen a handful of people capable, despite various claims, in all of my travels.
Great, I hope low-intensity higher frequency resistance training will be good and not too much for the nervous system in my current state.

TheSir

It depends on what degree of sickness you are dealing with, as well as what level of activity we are talking of. Short walks can be handled well by most, though even that is too much to some. Weighlifting I would forgo altogether until all your symptoms have been in remission for at least a few months.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

It depends on what degree of sickness you are dealing with, as well as what level of activity we are talking of. Short walks can be handled well by most, though even that is too much to some. Weighlifting I would forgo altogether until all your symptoms have been in remission for at least a few months.
Thanks for your response. Are you talking from experience?

TheSir

Thanks for your response. Are you talking from experience?
Yeah. When I was mostly asymptomatic but in the beginning stages of adrenaline burnout, heavy lifting and some dieting was enough to ruin my health further. Years later I was frequently staying up late and using stimulants, not fully fathoming how bad my health was. Getting covid and severe shingles back to back was the final straw that forced me to stop everything and focus on recovery only. At the moment I'm at a point where if I take longer than a 10 minute walk during the day I will get insomnia, depression and breathing difficulties as a stress response, so the only way forward is to be sedentary for now. I believe that when I get better brisk and long walks will become therapeutic however.

Korven

Yeah. When I was mostly asymptomatic but in the beginning stages of adrenaline burnout, heavy lifting and some dieting was enough to ruin my health further. Years later I was frequently staying up late and using stimulants, not fully fathoming how bad my health was. Getting covid and severe shingles back to back was the final straw that forced me to stop everything and focus on recovery only. At the moment I'm at a point where if I take longer than a 10 minute walk during the day I will get insomnia, depression and breathing difficulties as a stress response, so the only way forward is to be sedentary for now. I believe that when I get better brisk and long walks will become therapeutic however.
Rooting for you. I was in a similar place for quite some time and it's not fun at all. If you have a car I found it helpful for my mental state just to drive around (since I couldn't move my physical body without getting sick). PM me if you want to vent or whatever!

Peatful

Im at work -
So
Briefly….

It depends as stated above

I healed with no exercise
Absolutely essential for me
However i believe i was on the extreme of the bell curve

Even being outside in the sun required energy
I became symptomatic using up any precious energy that I needed to heal at the cellular level

So i went from very active
To moderately active
Continued to not get better
Then i went full sedentary
Then sat outside for 20-30 minutes at a time
No symptoms
Then i incorporated MOVEMENT
Movement not exercise

Ah
I even quit my job at my worst time
And that was a gift because little did i know COV19 was coming
(I’m a healthcare clinician)
So yeah
That was great

So
I think the opposite of your title

I am well now
No supplements
Healthy weight. Skin. Bones. Mind. Career. Children. Marriage. Life.

Could never have healed without rest.

Best.

TheSir

Rooting for you. I was in a similar place for quite some time and it's not fun at all. If you have a car I found it helpful for my mental state just to drive around (since I couldn't move my physical body without getting sick). PM me if you want to vent or whatever!
Thanks, appreciate it. Yeah, not fun. The worst aspect is the paradoxical combination of fatigue and inability to relax. I'm on a hair mineral analysis based supplement program that seems to be helping. Mostly large amounts of cal, mag and zinc to inhibit the adrenals. How did you end up sick and how long did your recovery take?

Runenight201

For me it’s a bit paradoxical.

This morning I woke up horribly fatigued, low motivation, don’t know what to do with my life or the day.

And I thought to myself, “walking is free, just go do it”

And as I started walking I felt weak and horrible, but the sun was shining, and my body began to slowly heat up a bit.

My stomach bloat became more reduced, as the gentle motion was doing something to get me to release trapped gas and food in my stomach, and i was belching more.

Waving to my fellow neighbors was a terribly anxious task, but what human being am I if I can’t even muster a wave. Even if I look terribly frightening, with disheveled hair, sunken eyes, and stooped gait.

And after a little 30 min walk I noticed that I was really thirsty, and I drank a bunch of water, and then I felt better. Well enough to pick up my guitar and start singing and playing. And then I went and prepared my lunch, which I usually dread doing, as for whatever reason my mind hates chopping up vegetables, but this time I did it no problem.

I believe some activity is necessary for well-being. Whatever the body can handle, at whatever intensity, especially in sunlight. If anything for the psyche.

LadyRae

This morning I woke up horribly fatigued, low motivation, don’t know what to do with my life or the day.

And as I started walking I felt weak and horrible, but the sun was shining, and my body began to slowly heat up a bit.

My stomach bloat became more reduced, as the gentle motion was doing something to get me to release trapped gas and food in my stomach, and i was belching more.

Waving to my fellow neighbors was a terribly anxious task, but what human being am I if I can’t even muster a wave. Even if I look terribly frightening, with disheveled hair, sunken eyes, and stooped gait.

And after a little 30 min walk I noticed that I was really thirsty, and I drank a bunch of water, and then I felt better. Well enough to pick up my guitar and start singing and playing. And then I went and prepared my lunch, which I usually dread doing, as for whatever reason my mind hates chopping up vegetables, but this time I did it no problem.

I believe some activity is necessary for well-being. Whatever the body can handle, at whatever intensity, especially in sunlight. If anything for the psyche.
I totally agree with this 👆. Movement is necessary to move the lymphatic system.... I'm not talking about aerobic fitness or cardiovascular training here. Moving your lymph fluid with help move cellular wastes from the body...really beneficial for healing.

Sitting in the sun, too- I can't stress how important this is.

Waynish

Great, I hope low-intensity higher frequency resistance training will be good and not too much for the nervous system in my current state.
I think you already have the perfect feedback system to tell you on a daily basis how much is too much exactly...

Peachy

Good answer. I mostly exercise to accumulate Qi now that you mention it.

@FitnessMike, a good barometer is if you feel exhausted the next day, you probably overdid it. Pleasantly sore, or a little tired, with Qi still flowing and you’re good. Sounds like you probably have a feel for this already.

Jessie

I often feel a very similar way at times. A sense of general malaise or laziness, perhaps it's just procrastination. Can't say for sure. But if weather permits it I'll force myself to walk. I almost always start feeling half way through that it was good to force myself. My general mood is typically better for the rest of the day.

DMF

I totally agree with this 👆. Movement is necessary to move the lymphatic system.... I'm not talking about aerobic fitness or cardiovascular training here. Moving your lymph fluid with help move cellular wastes from the body...really beneficial for healing.

Sitting in the sun, too- I can't stress how important this is.
Apart from being active, is there a specific way one can move their lymph fluids around?

LadyRae

Apart from being active, is there a specific way one can move their lymph fluids around?
Jumping on a trampoline or mini trampoline (often referred to as a "rebounder") moves the lymph

Momma

Dry brushing. Massage. Rubbing. Hot / Cold showers. Deep breathing. These are a few that pop in my mind.

LadyRae

Dry brushing. Massage. Rubbing. Hot / Cold showers. Deep breathing. These are a few that pop in my mind.
Oh that's right, I remember a massage therapist telling me that lymph massage is just extremely light pressure moving from the feet up towards the groin, and the hands towards the heart. Usually always towards the heart...

Peachy

Good list! I also love gua sha for the face and neck. Can be done on the whole body but I haven't tried. It's a stone massage you do yourself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals