EFA “deficiency” In Real Life

OP
I

ilikecats

@SB4 no but I’ve found some things that seem to be helping. Never tried a uvb bulb....

Dr. C

I would to to see a dermatologist or a surgon and ask him to do a biopsy of your eczema to determine its cause.

Also I would ask the physician to prescribe some topical corticoid to try on a small sample of the eczema to see how it does with it.

Do you feel well with a pulse rate of 100-120? You should also get an ECG done as this heart rate in line with hyperthyreodism may indicate ventricual fibrilation. Is your pulse irregular?

Have you done a blood test to rule out TPO or TRAK antibodies (maybe it's not just your diet that makes you hyperthyreoid)? If you suffer from autoimmunity it could be a good cause of your eczema.

Last edited:

TibRex

Hey I’ve been eating less than .1 grams of PUFA (almost everyday with few exceptions) for the last year+ and I developed some wicked eczema over the last 3 months and it’s still problematic despite interventions. What could be going on here?

If you've been taking Vit A while doing your low PUFA protocol, then the "wicked eczema" outbreak is to be expected. Even if you've not done so, but if your Vit A stores are already very high, PUFA depletion or lowering would inevitably release it into the bloodstream, which would then move onto the skin. The following article explains it well:

Extinguishing the Fires of Hell
by Grant Genereux

Free PDF download:
https://ia802809.us.archive.org/35/...eneroux - Extinguishing the Fires of Hell.pdf

Dr. C

This book you linked is claiming that chronic Vitamin A toxicity is causing several autoimmune diseases including eczema.
Its author is claiming that a Vitamin A elimination diet could cure such disease.

If that was true, why are all of us who are Peating with liver for years not sick?

OP
I

ilikecats

I resolved this issue pretty quickly with sulfur soap 4-5 days ago (peats recommendation). It certainly wasn’t from s lack of EFA. And it certainly wasn’t due to “toxic” vitamin a. I megadosed vitamin a two days in a row without any negative or positive effects. A minor magnesium deficiency might have played a role but I’m not certain and it wasn’t the main contributor. Everything always tends to be multi factoral from my experience.

Reaper242xx

No, I've never gone that low nor would I recommend it. How do you do this? Even Ray Peat has stated this is not possible unless you're eating a laboratory diet. Eating a diet of nothing but fruit, coconut oil, gelatin, and milk will still give you more than .1 grams of PUFA. I get about 3 to 5 grams of PUFA total each day, and I feel fine. I think you're over doing it, if for some reason you feel 5 grams of total PUFA in a single day is too much you can always add a vitamin E supplement to your regimen. Also, the higher your metabolic function runs the more glucose your cells utilize, the more your cells utilize glucose the more vitamin A your body runs through. Besides zinc and B6, I would look at a possible vitamin A deficiency. The best source is grassfed beef liver, but, this will put you over .1 grams of PUFA. I suggest you allow for a little more wiggle room in your PUFA intake.

Cloudhands

I resolved this issue pretty quickly with sulfur soap 4-5 days ago (peats recommendation). It certainly wasn’t from s lack of EFA. And it certainly wasn’t due to “toxic” vitamin a. I megadosed vitamin a two days in a row without any negative or positive effects. A minor magnesium deficiency might have played a role but I’m not certain and it wasn’t the main contributor. Everything always tends to be multi factoral from my experience.
Did the sulphur soap resolve all of ur excema or just the one on ur balls?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals