If PUFA's Are One Of The Main Causes Of Aging, Why Don't Fruitarians Look Younger Than Other People

Elephanto

@Elephanto - what was the question?
Lustig says that fructose "promotes de novo lipogenesis" and metabolic disease - i wonder if he has ever seen fruitarians?

Have you ? I posted itt because I've had the same observation as OP. Some other fruitarian youtuber has a belly despite eating not that many calories and despite being otherwise skinny. Visceral fat, the "beer belly", usually points to fatty liver. He also has a bad hairline and looks mentally high in serotonin and "lost". What are other fruitarians : natives of tropical islands. Have you seen how many of them have big bellies ? It's not just a stereotype, though it's instantly relatable in movies like Moana and Lilo & Stitch. And despite fruits being available all year long, they'll still try to eat as much meat from fish as they can and include fructose-free starches in their diet. Maybe their civilization has experienced that one shouldn't eat that much fructose.

Crazycoco

[It's actually a bit discouraging because you'd expect that with an extremely low pufa intake these people should look younger.[/QUOTE]

Man it's not all about pufa... We need proteins, carbs and fat.
Compare the nutrient density of any fruit with... Let's say.. Veal liver. just lol.
Then we are creatures who like to experiment. Low carb-low fat, high starch high fruit no animal protein etc. Great, that's fun when not dangerous.
I really dont believe in the nutritional plot. If there is one it's just to sell Books.
the proof of that is what opposit health gurus says: one side the dairy industry controls medicine the other one its the grain industry or sugar one. BS.

A bit of common sense, just look around. What are the healthiest population on earth?

Always the same story: bit animal protein, bit fat, lots of carbs from plant food (although the macros can change, none of them are vegan) lot of walk and FAR LESS CALORIES than an american eat in a day.

Elephanto

I guess I came off as a conspirationist saying this, but think about it. Unlike other alternative medicine websites, Peat actually presents a lot of scientific evidence on many things that contradict mainstream science, which makes him "dangerous" considering his popularity. But the actual outcome for most people finding out about Peat is to end up on a diet of "2 quarts of milk, 1 quart of orange juice (aka a shitload of fructose)" or something similar, which is pretty much the same diet that is pushed upon by the high instances, minus the pufas. So he's pretty safe in their book. Of course most people tend to ignore his quote "Perceive, think, act" and absorb his recommendations as a dogma.

Crazycoco

I guess I came off as a conspirationist saying this, but think about it. Unlike other alternative medicine websites, Peat actually presents a lot of scientific evidence on many things that contradict mainstream science, which makes him "dangerous" considering his popularity.

Don't worry, It's not conspirationist;)
And dont worry, Ray peat is clearly not dangerous for industry. Thousands of peatarians are nothing when you want to sell to milions or billion of people.
i dont think you have to fear industry in a free-market economy. They sell what people want. That's it.

You love high palatibility food? They sell you That. Oh, you want That without gluten because there is a gluten plot? They sell you that. Oh you like bone broth for gelatin? They sell you That. Oh you want to be vegan and have pizza? They have a vegan pizza. High demands for raw milk? Omega 3? Oh no, coconut oil now? They sell you That. Frankly no plot here.

shepherdgirl

Some other fruitarian youtuber has a belly despite eating not that many calories and despite being otherwise skinny. Visceral fat, the "beer belly", usually points to fatty liver.
Thanks for pointing this out - i guess i haven't seen enough fruitarians. My fruitarian images are of Freelee and Durian Rider, and i think they work out a lot which could be why they are so thin.

Crazycoco

My fruitarian images are of Freelee and Durian Rider, and i think they work out a lot which could be why they are so thin.

Durianrider said that That freelee uses botox. Of course he didnt say That during the time she was tasting his own banana

Richiebogie

Mike Vlasaty has achieved great feats of strength on a raw vegan diet (mostly fruit and salad):

Xisca

Good post @Elephanto !
RP is not even right or wrong.... When you are not American, you can think that he has just found some solutions for not-high-income-people who have to choose their junk food in a supermarket ! Just pick up the less bad.... If you have the money and do not care about food transport around the world, buy plane-brought mangoes etc to get your high quality carb... Or move to the tropics. If you want to eat vegan or starch, he also tells you what or how....
He can play with context.
And despite fruits being available all year long, they'll still try to eat as much meat from fish as they can and include fructose-free starches in their diet. Maybe their civilization has experienced that one shouldn't eat that much fructose.
Maybe they experienced that they did not have freezers and neither much enormous food containers....
They just had to eat and make profit of all that can be food.
Pacific islands have been "discovered" each time people needed to emigrate for food reasons, due to population increase. This is known through language evolution.

Last edited:

Pompadour

Jennifer

I know of so many high fruit eaters who don't look old for their age but regardless, I just go by my own experience as a high fruit eater the past 10 years, 4 of which were total fruitarianism and included plenty of PUFA rich fruits like avocado and olives. I'm 36 and still constantly get asked what I'm doing out of school when I'm out shopping during school hours. I don't use Botox, expensive creams or even wear makeup, just some virgin coconut oil and rose water. My skin is baby soft while eating a fruitarian diet so fructose has been a non-issue for me.

Mike Vlasaty has achieved great feats of strength on a raw vegan diet (mostly fruit and salad):

Mike is cool! This is one of my favorite higher carb raw vegan bodybuilders on Youtube:

Bobbys Raw Vegan Perspective

OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

Actually saturated fats are absorbed by the skin. At least in babies

Fatty acid profiles (gas chromatography) showed significant rise in EFAs (linolenic acid and arachidonic acid) in safflower oil group and saturated fats in coconut oil group.

Source Transcutaneous absorption of topically massaged oil in neonates. - PubMed - NCBI

Hm yeah could be, I remember a study which said that PUFA's are absorbed to a much higher degree than saturated fats. In any case, there's no way I'm applying pufas to my face:p Not even coconut oil, because if it's true that PUFA's are more readily absorbed than saturated fats, then you might still be getting a very unfavorable PUFA/SFA ratio. Currently I use a Nivea cream as moisturiser which only has hydrogenated coco-glycerides and specific saturated fatty acids such as palmitic, stearic and myristic acids.

Xisca

I know of so many high fruit eaters who don't look old for their age but regardless, I just go by my own experience as a high fruit eater the past 10 years, 4 of which were total fruitarianism and included plenty of PUFA rich fruits like avocado and olives. I'm 36 and still constantly get asked what I'm doing out of school when I'm out shopping during school hours. I don't use Botox, expensive creams or even wear makeup, just some virgin coconut oil and rose water. My skin is baby soft while eating a fruitarian diet so fructose has been a non-issue for me.
:rolling
:kisscheek you are so convincing!
You even did better than for your skin!
I love to be fruitarian + eggs, liver, oysters....

Jennifer

Haha! I think it's due to my round facial features and semi-miniature body more than anything. lol

But yeah, it really is funny. This past winter, I was standing in the checkout line at the grocery store and the two women behind me kept staring at me and whispering. Finally one of them asked me what town I was from. I told her and she replied "Oh, okay. Kids are on vacation in that town." The person I was with looked at me puzzled, but I knew exactly what the woman meant. When I went to leave, the two women wished me a good rest of my school vacation. lol

Xisca

Happened "worse" to me some years ago.... at about your age. I went to open at the garden door, and I was in shorts and t-shirt, and uncombed short hair.... Well, dog playing!
There was a comercial standing there, and he asked me "if my parents were there"!!!! And his words suggested he thought he was talking to a male teenager!
It was much more difficult to answer than to those 2 ladies at the grocery store....
lol

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

Thanks for the link.

I have been raw vegan for about 6 weeks now. I am still surprised how I am surviving on so little protein! It is so different from our training that you need faith to step into the void and give it a try! It doesn't help that detox can be mistaken for deficiencies! (Arnold Ehret wrote something to this effect 100 years ago).

I think you praised Robert Morse in the past and he has been the final motivation for me to give it a go!

Fruitylou from Denmark also provided a lot of encouragement with her large collection of health turnaround testimonial videos from people attending various fruit festivals around the world.

I have been high fruit since discovering Ray Peat in early 2015 but giving up the dairy, meat and seafood has taken away my puffy eyes.

Replacing desiccated coconut with avocado seemed to help but waiting to see how my body adjusts longer term.

Can you please tell me what you eat in a day to give you the school student effect?

Xisca

I am still surprised how I am surviving on so little protein!
Still short time...
I agree on this diet if bugs come with the fruits! And formic acid on leaves? That is the normal happening in nature, and the normal diet of who eats raw in nature and not from the supermarket. I am looking for a way to do this myself...

I have gone raw for some weeks, many years ago, but let down because it was before internet and easy information, and was afraid. I was having raw egg, and some raw fish and meat. I bet dairy can cause more puffy eyes than any other animal product, dunno if your tried or removed all at once... Gluten and dairy sensitivity can be signs of hashimoto.

Tarmander

That's basically what I eat, feels great, way better then when I was doing the same thing but with rice. I have to take calcium though or my teeth get a bit sensitive.

Richiebogie

I did fruit, chicken, fish and seafood for about 3 weeks after stopping the dairy.

Then I got convinced by Robert Morse and the acid /alkaline ash theory, which was also written about by Arnold Ehret after the First World War. (He discussed mucus-forming foods and mucus-less foods which was strongly associated with a US researcher's findings on the ph of the food after metabolizing).

I was getting lip ulcers on raw vegan until I stopped my 10 tablespoons of desiccated coconut per day in my smoothies!

Since then I have felt pretty good.

I miss pan fried crumbed veal but only because of the texture and added lemon and tomato sauce... I don't think meat has much flavour on its own!

By the way, a delicious smoothie is:

250g frozen pitted cherries
4 ripe bananas
500ml freshly squeezed orange juice

Jennifer

Happened "worse" to me some years ago.... at about your age. I went to open at the garden door, and I was in shorts and t-shirt, and uncombed short hair.... Well, dog playing!
There was a comercial standing there, and he asked me "if my parents were there"!!!! And his words suggested he thought he was talking to a male teenager!
It was much more difficult to answer than to those 2 ladies at the grocery store....
lol
Oh, geez! Well, you can't say you didn't look youthful! :lol: If it weren't for my clothes, I'd be mistaken for a teenage boy, too. I'm usually wearing a pair of flared jeans and some kind of colorful, floral and/or lacy top. If this were the 60s or 70s, I'd make one fine young man.

:emoji_v::emoji_wink::emoji_v:

I'm 36 and still constantly get asked what I'm doing out of school when I'm out shopping during school hours. I don't use Botox, expensive creams or even wear makeup, just some virgin coconut oil and rose water. My skin is baby soft while eating a fruitarian diet so fructose has been a non-issue for me.

It's just luck. You have the genes for it. That doesn't mean that your parents had those same features, it just means that you somehow have the biology to have those features regardless of where it came from. Of course your lifestyle has some effect but it's just your nature. I've never had acne no matter what I ate so I have some kind of biology to be resistant to acne.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals