If PUFA's Are One Of The Main Causes Of Aging, Why Don't Fruitarians Look Younger Than Other People

michael94

Min-ER-al
Min all ER
Lmao.
ER probably means nothing to you guys but it is synonymous with life force/health and it is also where the English word air comes from. One could talk all day about the etymology of this word especially if you get into the German. Btw mainstream etymology is another huge conspiracy

Zpol

30 BAD is obviously very culty. It's sad because it didn't start out that way.

Todays fruititarian are usually following an 80-10-10 diet. 80% carb, 10% protein, 10% fat. Of that 10% fat, at least 5% comes from the fat in fruits and vegetables and the rest is often from nuts and seeds, however, I'm sure some people skip the nuts/seeds and use Coconut oil. But most most are getting that 10% almost entirely from high PUFA sources with not nearly enough saturated fats to offset it. The devil is in the balance not so much the overall amount of fat.
I could go on; protein deficiency, phytoestrogens, excessive fiber, etc. All these things contribute.

I was one of Freelee's first consulting clients and I had many interesting, informative, and personal conversations with her. This was before the 30 BAD forum was started. Once they got a following things got weird.
Freelee is very heartfelt and so is her partner Durianrider. His a-hole persona is purely a marketing thing for their online biz. In real life he is very sweet and even a bit softspoken.
Freelee does not have that aged look, neither does Doug Graham's wife (i don't recall her name).
My thinking is that there are additional lifestyle circumstances contributing to the aged appearance.
It was a great diet for me at first because it got me off gluten (i was undiagnosed celiac at the time).
But after a while I got extremely jaundiced, more constipated, my triglycerides were through the roof, and extremely lethargic.
I of course don't have access to tropical and/or properly ripened fruit so that could have contributed and also completely lacked the digestive fire to assimilate all that plant matter.

My main point for posting is that there are clearly downfalls with the 80-10-10 diet but they are not entirely due to the amount of grams of PUFA. Also that there is a HUGE amount of dogma in the low-fat-raw-vegan diet world, but some of the proponents are truly trying to help people (hopefully... unless they've all sold-out!).

paymanz

Without meat you also miss taurine in your diet.

Plus their lower protein intake can't support their own taurine production, which by itself is not very efficient anyway.

Same with creatine and carnosine.

J

jb116

It's funny nobody has mentioned the differences in the photos. On TV when they want to "youngify" a person for flashbacks
or memories sequences they use blurrs, soft glows, and smearing to remove lines and dimension on the face. The less of these things the younger a face looks. Clearly the kinobody guy's photo has this going on. You can't see any details. Secondly, getting past that, they both look like healthy young men to me, that is all. It's too early to tell the effects of life just yet. That's the other issue with a lot of young "gurus," they have youth and youth's resiliency on their side. Wait until after their 30s to judge what is and what isn't working.

Travis

Here are all the nitrogen balance studies which show balance at about 100mg·N/kg per day:
meta.png
The common conversion factor is 6.25 protein per nitrogen, so the average factor would be 625mg·N/kg. You might expect a small variation between individual proteins since some amino acids, like arginine, have multiple nitrogens. These small differences can probably be neglected (although to could correct for this if you really wanted to.)

I weigh 70 kilograms, so: (70kg) × (625mg·N/kg) = 43,750mg ≈ 44g

It's easy to do this with raw fruit and vegetables, although with just fruit alone you can barely squeak by.

Coconuts make this easy, and are Peat-approved.

Rand, William M., Peter L. Pellett, and Vernon R. Young. "Meta-analysis of nitrogen balance studies for estimating protein requirements in healthy adults." The American journal of clinical nutrition 77.1 (2003): 109-127.

Last edited:
Yes, there are many factors to consider, but on a ray peat forum we should all agree that avoiding PUFAs are the main idea of this diet, so all the other factors shouldn't mitigate the benefits of avoiding pufas. Peat has even said that when your body contains little pufas, you're more resistant to other kind of stresses

lol talk about a strawman.

what makes you think these fruitarians aren't resistant to stress? they seem to lead pretty high stress lives what with the cardio and travelling.

There is a genetic pathway where the body throws all of its resources at looking the best it can in its younger years in order to maximize chances of procreation. This would be when puberty hits early and the adrenal hormones dominate until burn out.

wow what a redpill. I passed my prime a couple of years ago and the attention I get from women is gone! completely dissapeared. I went from hottie to nottie in the span of 2 years.

is there a peat approved way to go back to the past like samurai jack

Travis

Adrenalectomy? Hmm..no. To radical.

Doc Brown is working on a flux capacitor.

beta pandemic

look at kinobody videos from around 2015 and before. now look at his recent vids and pay attention to face. big change. this guy has amazing genetics. most other people calorie restricting everyday with coffee for years would look like a chemo patient.

I used to watch some fruitarians videos because I found them interesting. Ted Carr definitely looks very sick.

I think the reason they all look so sick and unhealthy is because a large percentage of people who go into fruitarianism are sick in the first place. Healthy people don't do it most of the time, instead it's very sick people with nothing to lose. And they don't get better.

Tarmander

wow what a redpill. I passed my prime a couple of years ago and the attention I get from women is gone! completely dissapeared. I went from hottie to nottie in the span of 2 years.

Ha. Im in the same boat man. Early puberty, adrenaline and booze...Trying to claw my way back, but I think it's more about healing that base stress level being set when a kid to "don't have much time here." Working on that has gotten me real results with being happier in life.

Luann

My brief, first reaction after looking at two blogs about what a fruitarian might eat in a day, is that they're getting more unsaturated fats than you would think, and if you add in hemp and seeds like that they are getting a lot more than you would think. I counted 8 grams of PUFA a day on one guy's blog, who was a fruitarian in Thailand. Protein is lacking so that they can't remove PUFA that is stored, stuff like copper, manganese, and preformed A are probably low so antioxidant status is not really that much better than it would be on a standard diet.

Last edited:
Don't just believe what anyone says. Anyone can make a YT channel, anyone can make videos. A "fruitarian" is full of s*it. No one eats only or even mostly 100% pure, ripe, sweet, organic, local, non-stressed/shipped tropical fruit, every single day, day after day. It's all nonsense. I've lived in HI and I've seen some of these people in Hilo and on Kauai. It's all BS. They don't really live it 100%.

And its not that pufa causes aging, it's the overconsumption of it in the modern diet from things like mayo, salad dressing, condiments and fried foods that leads to an excess of them stored in fat tissue and then it's the body inability to handle them safely and avoid too much oxidation of them and their breakdown products when they are liberated into the bloodstream when they eventually will and have to be because of the constant cycle of FFA entering the blood.

"A small amount of these oils won't kill you. It is the proportion of them in your diet that matters. A little extra vitamin E (such as 100 units per day) will take care of an occasional American restaurant meal. Based on animal studies, it would take a teaspoonful per day of corn or soy oil added to a fat-free diet to significantly increase our risk of cancer. Unfortunately, it is impossible to devise a fat-free diet outside of a laboratory. Vegetables, grains, nuts, fish and meats all naturally contain large amounts of these oils, and the extra oil used in cooking becomes a more serious problem”

Last edited:

Xisca

Fruits, like any plants, have a pretty poor profile for the protein synthesis needed to build animal tissue, which makes obvious sense when you think about it. I tried a fruitarian diet for over a year and lost a ton of muscle even eating huge, gut discomforting amounts of fruits. In my 20s mind you.
All the thread forgets about the INSECTS that should be in such a diet!
Fruits DO have a good protein profile.... (mister green smiley?)
Vitamin K₂ can be made from K₁ through a tail-switching procedure. This is the same isoprene tail that humans synthesize for CoQ₁₀ (although of a different length.)
If you have some information about fatVits in insects that would be interresting...
I also see some add fulvic acid/shilajit in their CoQ10 products, and this FA is also in all dirt, it is part of humic acids when soil has humus!
And it enhances absorbtion, delivery to cells....
Might be the reason why we are short of many things, may be it is not only soil depletion of nutrients, but that we do not live in places where dirt is clean!
Humic acids are very water soluble, and they might be high in the natural waters of rivers and wells. But now we need to filter and treat our waters...
I of course don't have access to tropical and/or properly ripened fruit so that could have contributed
We have a natural taste for what is sweet, so of course this is the main part of our prefered diet and we obviously evolved near the tropics and near the seas with salt and fish and shells.
I think the reason they all look so sick and unhealthy is because a large percentage of people who go into fruitarianism are sick in the first place.
YES. Who is healthy and bothers about doing more than sharing happiness around a table?

OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

Don't just believe what anyone says. Anyone can make a YT channel, anyone can make videos. A "fruitarian" is full of s*it. No one eats only or even mostly 100% pure, ripe, sweet, organic, local, non-stressed/shipped tropical fruit, every single day, day after day. It's all nonsense. I've lived in HI and I've seen some of these people in Hilo and on Kauai. It's all BS. They don't really live it 100%.

And its not that pufa causes aging, it's the overconsumption of it in the modern diet from things like mayo, salad dressing, condiments and fried foods that leads to an excess of them stored in fat tissue and then it's the body inability to handle them safely and avoid too much oxidation of them and their breakdown products when they are liberated into the bloodstream when they eventually will and have to be because of the constant cycle of FFA entering the blood.

"A small amount of these oils won't kill you. It is the proportion of them in your diet that matters. A little extra vitamin E (such as 100 units per day) will take care of an occasional American restaurant meal. Based on animal studies, it would take a teaspoonful per day of corn or soy oil added to a fat-free diet to significantly increase our risk of cancer. Unfortunately, it is impossible to devise a fat-free diet outside of a laboratory. Vegetables, grains, nuts, fish and meats all naturally contain large amounts of these oils, and the extra oil used in cooking becomes a more serious problem”
So then would there be no benefit of eating almost zero PUFA compared to just a little bit? I do "live it 100%" (not eating pufa that is). I only consume skim (chocolate) milk, fruit, rice and a bit of coconut milk. I even gave up chocolate and meat because I want to get as close to zero pufa as possible, currently 0.3% of my energy intake is from PUFA, i don't think you can go any lower than that apart from only eating white sugar. But if it doesn't matter what you eat as long as it's not vegetable oils, I might as well eat these things again.

Xisca

Have a look at the advantages of the food that you hesitate to eat, and you will see that they are much more than PUFA. I would eat chocolate and meat!
Chocolate fat is saturated.
About meat, just try to get lean meat, and ruminant animals: you have more pufas in modernly raised chicken and pork.
If you get grass fed sheep and cow products, that would be the best.
Also try to get the cheap parts that contain more gelatine.
I would also use some organic virgen olive oil or olives for their content in antioxydants, that is the strength of the mediterranean diet. Use this oil or coconut oil for your daily carrot salad! You need fats also for fat soluble vitamines.
And stay away from any 100% point of view!

OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

It's funny nobody has mentioned the differences in the photos. On TV when they want to "youngify" a person for flashbacks
or memories sequences they use blurrs, soft glows, and smearing to remove lines and dimension on the face. The less of these things the younger a face looks. Clearly the kinobody guy's photo has this going on. You can't see any details. Secondly, getting past that, they both look like healthy young men to me, that is all. It's too early to tell the effects of life just yet. That's the other issue with a lot of young "gurus," they have youth and youth's resiliency on their side. Wait until after their 30s to judge what is and what isn't working.
I took a screenshot of a video, when you watch a video of kinobody it's higher quality.

OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

Have a look at the advantages of the food that you hesitate to eat, and you will see that they are much more than PUFA. I would eat chocolate and meat!
Chocolate fat is saturated.
About meat, just try to get lean meat, and ruminant animals: you have more pufas in modernly raised chicken and pork.
If you get grass fed sheep and cow products, that would be the best.
Also try to get the cheap parts that contain more gelatine.
I would also use some organic virgen olive oil or olives for their content in antioxydants, that is the strength of the mediterranean diet. Use this oil or coconut oil for your daily carrot salad! You need fats also for fat soluble vitamines.
And stay away from any 100% point of view!
Yeah chocolate is mostly saturated and mono-unsaturated, but still has 1.5g of PUFA per bar (which is the amount I used to eat). As far as the fat soluble vitamins. I mostly supplement those. Even in a high fat diet, those vitamins are usually low (butter, coconut oil etc all have pretty much zero nutrition). And I take 2 grams of coconut oil with the vitamins because that's all you need for their absorption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals