If PUFA's Are One Of The Main Causes Of Aging, Why Don't Fruitarians Look Younger Than Other People

L

lollipop

Have a look at the advantages of the food that you hesitate to eat, and you will see that they are much more than PUFA. I would eat chocolate and meat!
+1 extremes never seemed to work for me and were unsustainable.

Ha. Im in the same boat man. Early puberty, adrenaline and booze...Trying to claw my way back, but I think it's more about healing that base stress level being set when a kid to "don't have much time here." Working on that has gotten me real results with being happier in life.

how are you managing that? I'm balding at 75 mph over here

OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

+1 extremes never seemed to work for me and were unsustainable.
The question is how beneficial pufa depletion really is. I want to actually become EFA deficient because your body can't produce prostaglandins without PUFAs, and without prostaglandins you will not go bald. In order to actually become pufa depleted you need extremely low levels of pufa intake, and thus you need to go to "extremes". If this extreme doesn't work then that means that pufa depletion is not actually as beneficial as we might think.

Tarmander

how are you managing that? I'm balding at 75 mph over here

Two steps forward, two steps back a lot of times. But sometimes deep realization leading to a shift and a better state. I just keep hammering away at it, because even if you just improve .005% a week, over years it makes a big difference. Also, only progress after being humbled/beat up. balding sucks, I have lost some hair the last few months from increasing calcium intake, but lots of other good things so kind of a trade off.

Xisca

If there are some pufas in milk, it means that some is needed. The problem of pufa starts when you use vegetable oils, an extract. Then the problem is that you have too much and it acumulated with time. But I see no way to deplete it and replace the stock by SFA, than to burn this pufa out! And this is going to be a problem to do it too quick, if I understood well.... Thus the delay of 4 years RP says. i would not anyway want to keep this old fat inside!
I want to actually become EFA deficient because your body can't produce prostaglandins without PUFAs, and without prostaglandins you will not go bald.
Again, you cannot take 1 effect of 1 thing and separate it from the whole.
And we do not know the whole stuff of the whole.... if you see what I mean: we do not know what we do not know yet....
For sure prostaglandins are not only about not getting bald...

And WHY you GUYS are so MAD about loosing hair? Do you really think that something so common in men will make you so less attractive? Well, a few years ago, some football players had the great idea to shave their head and start a new sexy mode!

L

lollipop

The question is how beneficial pufa depletion really is. I want to actually become EFA deficient because your body can't produce prostaglandins without PUFAs, and without prostaglandins you will not go bald. In order to actually become pufa depleted you need extremely low levels of pufa intake, and thus you need to go to "extremes". If this extreme doesn't work then that means that pufa depletion is not actually as beneficial as we might think.
Okay I see your reasoning. We have different goals. Your strategy makes sense for your goal! I want to create a vibrant energy generative system that youthens and reverses aging.

OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

If there are some pufas in milk, it means that some is needed. The problem of pufa starts when you use vegetable oils, an extract. Then the problem is that you have too much and it acumulated with time. But I see no way to deplete it and replace the stock by SFA, than to burn this pufa out! And this is going to be a problem to do it too quick, if I understood well.... Thus the delay of 4 years RP says. i would not anyway want to keep this old fat inside!

Again, you cannot take 1 effect of 1 thing and separate it from the whole.
And we do not know the whole stuff of the whole.... if you see what I mean: we do not know what we do not know yet....
For sure prostaglandins are not only about not getting bald...

And WHY you GUYS are so MAD about loosing hair? Do you really think that something so common in men will make you so less attractive? Well, a few years ago, some football players had the great idea to shave their head and start a new sexy mode!
There's some pretty strong clues that PGD2 leads to baldness. It's elevated in all bald men (MPB) and applying it causes baldness. And being bald = unattractive, it's just what it is. And I don't really think that because milk has pufa it means that you need it, perhaps babies do. But even then, nature just is. I don't think there's really a plan where you can say "if it's natural it's good". Maybe we were "meant" to age, and that's "why" there are pufas in milk and everything else, but that doesn't mean I want to age :)

Last edited:
OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

Okay I see your reasoning. We have different goals. Your strategy makes sense for your goal! I want to create a vibrant energy generative system that youthens and reverses aging.
Same for me. Skin aging is something I'm also very interested in. And pufa's being present in the skin seem to be a major cause of skin aging. Lipid peroxidation occurs in the skin if there's PUFA. Unfortunately I do not know how little pufa you have to eat to deplete the pufa in your skin.

L

lollipop

Same for me. Skin aging is something I'm also very interested in. And pufa's being present in the skin seem to be a major cause of skin aging. Lipid peroxidation occurs in the skin if there's PUFA. Unfortunately I do not know how little pufa you have to eat to deplete the pufa in your skin.
I am going to follow you as you discover and learn from your experience. Sort of like the lazy person's guide to enlightenment- lol. I have started using only sat fats on my skin. Maybe that helps?

Xisca

And being bald = unattractive, it's just what it is.
This is not always true. It has to do with the way the person is at ease with oneself.
I personally find a shaved head attractive.

But you can try red light therapy? There are many ressources in this forum about it.

If the goal is global health, we all agree anyway!

I have started using only sat fats on my skin. Maybe that helps?
I use coconut oil, and then I put aloe, and it makes a milk and enters the skin much more!
Some people use oil + egg yolk from time to time....

Ups, the title is about fruits!!!!!!!

OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

This is not true. It has to do with the way the person is at ease with oneself.
I personally find a shaved head attractive.

But you can try red light therapy? There are many ressources in this forum about it.
True, you don't need to have hair to be attractive. But a nice youthful head of hair will always be a major improvent compared to being bald. Perhaps some tiny fraction of people actually find it attractive, but most people that say that bald is more attractive (I think) are just rationalizing.

OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

I am going to follow you as you discover and learn from your experience. Sort of like the lazy person's guide to enlightenment- lol. I have started using only sat fats on my skin. Maybe that helps?
Haha I will keep you posted. Yes PUFA's topically applied are an absolute no-go. As a matter of fact, saturated fats are not even absorbed by the skin, but PUFA's are. An "efa deficiency" can even be "cured" by applying a tiny amount (teaspoon) of pufa topically. So it definitely gets aborbed. Not to mention that pufas make your skin more susceptible to UV damage

Xisca

A bald man really told me about a change in women when a French football player started to shave his head! And that he was thankfull to his decision. That was some years ago....

I am not rational, I really have my eyes go and look at a person when I see the head lines.
It is not "more" attractive either. It is all about the person feeling well with oneself. Maybe my point of view is just about me not being near teenage myself!
I just wanted to confirm a woman's point of view, and say that you will surely find the less narrow-minded women!

Anyway, think global, you cannot f**k your health for a partial objective, and I can see you know it and you just want to know if this is worth reducing pufas more, or not! And I am not sure I have ever read any answer to this on this forum so far...

As a matter of fact, saturated fats are not even absorbed by the skin, but PUFA's are.
Stays on top? Sure?
Really I saw a difference when using aloe! Was it an illusion?

Xisca

Extracted fructose is never equal to fruits.
Some frutarians manage diabetis type I

Travis

I think consuming any one food type is a good way to invite ridicule.

But consuming just fruit is probably the least ridiculous. Can you imagine a meat-tarian? Or a person who subsists entirely on dairy products?

People can live quite long on just fruit. Many people who eat fruit and raw vegetables seem to being doing okay (Rothkranz?).

Raw veganism is a main target for most of the food industry as well as a perennial target for the AMA, who have been ridiculing people like Max Gerson, Arnold Ehret, Herbet Shelton, and Dr. Gonzalez for decades. They are bad for business. Say whatever about the skinniness, but the low amounts of methionine, tryptophan, and linoleic acid consumed by low-fat raw vegans should make them almost cancer-proof.

Diets like these have been used successfully to reverse cancer.

methionine ⇨ S-adenosyl methionine ⇨ polyamines ⇨ cancer
tryptophan ⇨ hypothalamus ⇨ pituitary ⇨ growth hormone ⇨ cancer
linoleic acid ⇨ arachidonic acid ⇨ eicosanoids ⇨ cancer

Last edited:

artlange

Lustig has been on this "hate fructose" theme for a while. He NEVER mentions PUFA in this article. I'd really like to hear a debate between Ran Peat and Robert Lustig.
Lustig said One specific foodstuff that has increased in all countries during the pandemic and has the capacity to promote chronic metabolic disease is the monosaccharide fructose.
He could have said the same of PUFA, and if he did, he'd be right.

Elephanto

Lustig has been on this "hate fructose" theme for a while. He NEVER mentions PUFA in this article. I'd really like to hear a debate between Ran Peat and Robert Lustig.
Lustig said One specific foodstuff that has increased in all countries during the pandemic and has the capacity to promote chronic metabolic disease is the monosaccharide fructose.
He could have said the same of PUFA, and if he did, he'd be right.

It's a study on fructose, of course he doesn't mention pufas. I dislike this black or white mentality, because PUFAs are harmful doesn't mean that fructose can't be in high quantity, all while being beneficial in small quantity. Also I don't know the guy, usually scientists choose a fight and focus on it thinking they'll find the answer to all the world's problems in it. Peat mostly focuses on PUFAs but suggests instead to hop on massive amounts of opioids-like substances in fructose (also fatty liver causing) and milk which put you on an endless rollercoaster that will probably never fix hypothyroidism and blood sugar instability on its own. Do I think he's dishonest? Not at all, it's just that "Peat ISN'T always right". In fact, if the diet Peat recommends was so good, his website would probably have been shut down and him murdered by now. Just check how some holistic doctors who fixed autism got murdered.
5 Holistic Health Doctors Found Dead In 4 Weeks, 5 More Go Missing – After Run-Ins with Feds

Do you really think that milk and sodas/sugar are the keys to optimal health when North America already consume it massively thanks to billions of dollars invested into mass marketing and government recommendations (for milk) , and things like Agenda 21 exist which massively promote unhealthy food. If it's so healthy, you're not hearing about it on TV 80 times a day.

@Jsaute21
It's specifically the theoretical approach that makes this study interesting. It shows it has nothing to do with confounding factors (like soda drinkers would also eat a lot of pufas) but with the metabolism and biological properties of fructose.