I had my doubts on Mexican Coke

Green Dot

But it's legit. I feel extremely relaxed and completely relieved of my serotonin issues after a bottle.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rightagain

JamesGatz

Agreed. Crazy anti-inflammatory - obliterates any stress hormones and does really great things for my social interactions with people in general

I always feel good mood- wise after drinking coke. Great for digestion too.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Old Irenaeus

Has anyone else had a hard time finding it at the store lately? I've found it missing from my usual grocery stores and some restaurants.

Fred

Has anyone else had a hard time finding it at the store lately? I've found it missing from my usual grocery stores and some restaurants.
There is a glass bottle shortage, courtesy of the "protective" covid measures. Containers, in general, are in short supply.

76er

I've been getting Pepsi with real sugar – is it beneficial too?

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I’ve found Columbian coke if you get from a good source is usually more pure and uncut, oh wait you talking about Coca Cola

Doctors use to suggest it for stomach woes back in the day.
Back then, it seems doctors were still willing to get some knowledge empirically. It's interesting that I've heard people in real life saying "Coke is very unhealthy, I only drink it when my stomach is feeling bad", so intuitively people know it helps, even with the nutritional brainwashing in modern times.

I've been getting Pepsi with real sugar – is it beneficial too?
I think Coke is better, because they still use the de-cocainized coca leaf extract, but Pepsi still has caffeine, sucrose, carbonation, possibly some essential oils, etc. Where I live, all pepsi now has artificial sweetners( yes, even the normal, non- diet pepsi). I think this started somewhere last year. Probably has something to do with the whole "sugar is bad" narrative.

Vins7

What makes Mexican Coke special? It is not the same as the European one for example?

Herbie

What makes Mexican Coke special? It is not the same as the European one for example?
Pretty sure they use beet sugar in Europe. I did a small amount of research and pretty sure it’s the same recipe but Mexican has cane sugar. I think the main reason the people from the US like it is because their coke is made with corn syrup and Mexican coke is closest real sugar product to them. The war with Cuba is the blame for use of corn syrup in the first place.

On a side note, Australia uses cane sugar but that’s because they grow a lot of it there.

I have had Coca Cola while in The Amazon and it did seem special but this is pure speculation, possible placebo.

Vins7

Pretty sure they use beet sugar in Europe. I did a small amount of research and pretty sure it’s the same recipe but Mexican has cane sugar. I think the main reason the people from the US like it is because their coke is made with corn syrup and Mexican coke is closest real sugar product to them. The war with Cuba is the blame for use of corn syrup in the first place.

On a side note, Australia uses cane sugar but that’s because they grow a lot of it there.

I have had Coca Cola while in The Amazon and it did seem special but this is pure speculation, possible placebo.
Thank you

DojaCat

what are your thoughts on the acid (not sure the name) that allegedly gives osteoporosis?

what are your thoughts on the acid (not sure the name) that allegedly gives osteoporosis?
You must be talking about phosphoric acid. It's simply phosphate plus hydrogen. We get the former from any food we eat, and, as long as the Ca: P ratio is high( that is, biased towards calcium), then it shouldn't cause any issues. And there isn't that much of it in coke anyway, from what I can remember: only a couple hundred mgs per liter. Compare that with the amount in milk( 1 gram per liter) or meat ( 1 gram per pound).

The hydrogen will increase acidity, which is a good thing in the stomach, especially after meals, but if the diet contains enough bicarbonate/ bicarbonate precursors, then this also shouldn't stress the homeostatic mechanisms of pH regulation of the body.

Some years ago, they were showing experiments on the news where leaving a bone submersed in coca cola would make it weak and brittle, but that is just disinformation. Only serves to make people more confused about how the body works.

GreekDemiGod

In some days, I crave a lot of Coke. Had 3 or 4 bottles some time ago in a single day. I wonder if it is a sign that my body wants a higher carb intake.

mrchibbs

Coke is a staple for me too, makes me feel really good always and is basically an essential item.

I'm really thinking of making my own syrup with the original recipe with all the natural oils and extracts.

Gathering the ingredients is expensive, but then you can make hundreds of liters and you can guarantee a source of coke that uses sugar only and no HFCS etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals