*Bioengineered* Ingredients in Mexican Coca Cola

OP
EchoTango

EchoTango

This is the reply I received from Coca-cola:

"Thank you for contacting Coca-Cola!

We know consumers place their trust in us every time they drink our beverages, and we have an uncompromising commitment to product safety and quality. All ingredients used in our products – including any ingredients from GM plants – are safe.

A number of organizations have examined the use of genetically modified plants and concluded they are safe, including the World Health Organization, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.

We know that many people want to decide for themselves whether to buy products with ingredients from GM plants. That’s why we include GMO information about our beverages on our product facts website, and many of our products now have a SmartLabel. Consumers can scan the SmartLabel with a smartphone or visit the SmartLabel website (www.smartlabel.org) to learn more about the content of their favorite food and beverages—from calories and sweeteners to ingredients derived from GM plants.

Unfortunately due to the proprietary nature of flavor ingredients, we are unable to make any comments about specific ingredients.

Should you have additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us again."

Last edited:
OP
EchoTango

EchoTango

Of course any endorsement of GMOs by the WHO and FDA doesn't exactly lend confidence to this consumer, on the contrary. A personal decision, but I think I'll be returning these cokes. Apparently this GMO version I bought is like a US version of mexican coke sold at costco? Too bad because, although I had not consumed soft drinks for over 15 years I was beginning to enjoy a coke after an afternoon meal lately. However the cokes at the international food store a while away do carry what appears to be legit mexican coke, but they are more pricey. Probably the best thing is to go for a more natural soda or extract made by a small business that you can trust isn't trying to kill or sterilize you.

I like mexican coke - it really helped me sleep better when I would sip on a bit before bed but a month after I started drinking it consistently my teeth health started to decline which I had heard but I thought I would still be ok because my metabolic rate in general was pretty good - I am really not fond of the effect it has on my teeth
I always swish water around my mouth after drinking mexican coke. Sometimes I chew egg shell calcium after as well as it makes my teeth feel stronger. I also agree that "Mexicane Cola" (exact spelling different product) looks healthier but IMHO doesn't taste as good.
View: https://youtu.be/xra1regtIvM

Dr. B

I always swish water around my mouth after drinking mexican coke. Sometimes I chew egg shell calcium after as well as it makes my teeth feel stronger. I also agree that "Mexicane Cola" (exact spelling different product) looks healthier but IMHO doesn't taste as good.
View: https://youtu.be/xra1regtIvM

phosphoric acid seems more irritating than even citric acid in drinks. how come meat doesnt give the same acidic feel, or bread, given they lack calcium?
there are some companies which make good sodas without adding any acids. but cola always seems to have phosphoric acid even in the best brands.