I had my doubts on Mexican Coke

Gustav3Y

Also, I wonder if drinking it through a straw is better for the teeth.
I have been told by some dentists that make no difference, just saying.
Also using a straw is not standardized so to speak, so drink it from the lips almost some a bit behind the lips.
I have tried with the straw really far back to help out contact with teeth and unfortunately the taste and satisfaction was not there if the straw was too far back on the tongue.
No to mention even the straw seems to matter, especially if it is a paper straw.

RealNeat

I strive to drink off label coke. I don't trust the company, their political involvements and their proprietary recipe. Plenty of other more natural, transparent brands with the same ingredients but knowable.

here's a "open source" cola. I went to a small restaurant in Spain who was making it from this and it was great.

unfortunately the above contains gum Arabic and Citric Acid, however one can get the idea.

Old Irenaeus

Just got my hair cut. My barbershop sells Mexican cokes. They were down to the last one, so I purchased it after my cut and walked home in the bright sunshine. Pure euphoria.

Phosphor

Well, how funny! Since living in Tucson I acquired a taste for Mexican coke, which is easily available here. I noticed it did not mess me up like "regular" coke and had no idea why. I think I will bat down to the hardware store three miles from here where I can buy a case of it. The local Safeway has it too, but you have to buy it by the bottle. Sometimes on sale for 99 cents, but usually about $1.25 a bottle.
Phosphoric acid *is* something that can cause a herpes outbreak though, which is possibly not that well known. The herpes virus uses phosphorus to replicate, I think.

Something I noticed is that, in Brazil, they still list kola nut extract in the ingredients' list of coke, but this is not the case in other countries. Even Mexican coke doesn't list it as a component. I wonder if it's already included in the "natural flavours"?

Herbie

Something I noticed is that, in Brazil, they still list kola nut extract in the ingredients' list of coke, but this is not the case in other countries. Even Mexican coke doesn't list it as a component. I wonder if it's already included in the "natural flavours"?
Yeah otherwise is wouldn’t taste like cola. If one tries another cola drink which has cola nut listed than one can know the cola flavour

Ever since I read that Coca Cola uses stems cells their products I quit buying it and switch to this one. Any reason why it wouldn't be just as good?

Attachments

• 20210905_133319.jpg
    20210905_133319.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210905_133327.jpg
    20210905_133327.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 41

Old Irenaeus

Ever since I read that Coca Cola uses stems cells their products I quit buying it and switch to this one. Any reason why it wouldn't be just as good?
I thought those usually had guar gum or something like that in them, but the one you show doesn't.
I don't understand why they need to do stem cell testing for a product that has been around for more than a century.

I noticed their cream soda had unwanted ingredients, but their cola looks identical to Coca Cola's.

They use stem cells to trick your brain into thinking it tastes better than it really does, like msg. I did this post (linked below) on it. They use stem cells in Dorito's and many many other products which I linked a list to of all of the products that use stem cells in their foods. It was such a shock to me!

sunny

Coke is a staple for me too, makes me feel really good always and is basically an essential item.

I'm really thinking of making my own syrup with the original recipe with all the natural oils and extracts.

Gathering the ingredients is expensive, but then you can make hundreds of liters and you can guarantee a source of coke that uses sugar only and no HFCS etc.
Do you have a receipe for that and how you would do it?

pauljacob

Well, how funny! Since living in Tucson I acquired a taste for Mexican coke, which is easily available here. I noticed it did not mess me up like "regular" coke and had no idea why. I think I will bat down to the hardware store three miles from here where I can buy a case of it. The local Safeway has it too, but you have to buy it by the bottle. Sometimes on sale for 99 cents, but usually about $1.25 a bottle.
Phosphoric acid *is* something that can cause a herpes outbreak though, which is possibly not that well known. The herpes virus uses phosphorus to replicate, I think.
$1.25 a bottle. Then how come Walmart is selling 24 bottles for $66?

mrchibbs

Do you have a receipe for that and how you would do it?

There are a few recipes on youtube, including on the Glen and Friends Cooking channel

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

I noticed their cream soda had unwanted ingredients, but their cola looks identical to Coca Cola's.

They use stem cells to trick your brain into thinking it tastes better than it really does, like msg. I did this post (linked below) on it. They use stem cells in Dorito's and many many other products which I linked a list to of all of the products that use stem cells in their foods. It was such a shock to me!

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. I think a user on here previously share a cola formula you can buy online and mix at home that's free of any funky additives.

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. I think a user on here previously share a cola formula you can buy online and mix at home that's free of any funky additives.

I think it was Mr Chibbs and he said the ingredients were hard to find. Let me know if you go that route successfully.

mrchibbs

Not so much difficult as it is expensive.

You can even get the coca leaf extract (without the cocaine part), but some of the essential oils are quite pricey.

Most recipes don't include the coca extract, but Ray has mentioned that is has good anti-inflammatory properties, so if one makes the syrup, I think it would make sense to use it.

Several sources and videos describe the process, here is one for example:

Not so much difficult as it is expensive.

You can even get the coca leaf extract (without the cocaine part), but some of the essential oils are quite pricey.

Yeah I am not into all that expense, coffee will do. As a matter of fact Mr. Bollox wrote Mr. Peat a week ago and said that he said caffeine doesn't block iron, coffee itself does. I was very surprised by that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals