I just got back from Mexico and Mexican Coke was nowhere to be found šŸ˜©

vrd2107

I just spent the past 8 days in Mexico on the Pacific coast in the Nayarit Riviera (the sunlight was incredible). Everywhere I went there was no ā€˜realā€™ Mexican coke. I read the ingredients on the cans of coke I could find and they were made with high fructose corn syrup and not cane sugar. Itā€™s actually easier to find Mexican coke in NYC than in Mexico. This wasnā€™t the case when I visited CDMX back in 2019 and apparently the whole reason coke is made with cane sugar in Mexico is because of some tax on HFCS that coke doesnā€™t want to pay. I guess things have shifted recently? Hoping this doesnā€™t foreshadow Mexican Coke disappearing from all shelves foreverā€¦

Last edited:
Where I am in Mexico, the coke has: sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and sucralose. As far as I know, it's a nation-wide change that happened a few years ago. They've continued to produce the "Mexican Coke," with all sugar for exportation. The coke in glass bottles here don't list the ingredients, but as far as I know they also have sucralose.

EDIT: If you look around online, there's some information about Coke making the same or similar changes in other countries.

JamesGatz

This isn't true AT ALL

I was in Mexico just last week with my KIMOSABES (Guillermo "El Conejo" Ochoa, Hector Herrera, and Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman"). ƓRALE

And everywhere we went in the city of Sinalo we saw mexican coke

Matter of fact, every store I walked into with Guillermo Ochoa we were given FREE mexican coke because he's a BOTTLER and he BOTTLES the WC every 4 years (most overrated GK in the world)

Meanwhile in NYC - I can ONLY FIND mexican coke when I go to the mexican bodega's and EVEN then I only find mexican coke in about 25% of mexican bodega's ITS VERY RARE I find mexican coke in NYC

OP
vrd2107

vrd2107

This isn't true AT ALL

I was in Mexico just last week with my KIMOSABES (Guillermo "El Conejo" Ochoa, Hector Herrera, and Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman"). ƓRALE

And everywhere we went in the city of Sinalo we saw mexican coke

Matter of fact, every store I walked into with Guillermo Ochoa we were given FREE mexican coke because he's a BOTTLER and he BOTTLES the WC every 4 years (most overrated GK in the world)

Meanwhile in NYC - I can ONLY FIND mexican coke when I go to the mexican bodega's and EVEN then I only find mexican coke in about 25% of mexican bodega's ITS VERY RARE I find mexican coke in NYC
I mean ā€œit isnā€™t true AT ALLā€ and it not being true for you where you are in these places isnā€™t the same thing... I feel like my comments make it pretty clear that I am talking about my experience in the specific location I was at in Mexico (the Nayarit Riviera). My experience was ā€¦ I couldnā€™t find one ā€œrealā€ mexican coke in San Pancho, Punta de Mita, Sayulita, and at the PV airport and nearby convenience stores. I looked for mexican coke in every taco stand, convenience store, mini super, and restaurant I went to during my 8 days there and alas, no dice. The coke I was served had HFCS in it and generally I could only find cans, The only glass bottle cokes were half liters and they also contained HFCS. It is good to hear you have it where you are in Mexico thatā€™s great news bc it means it hasnā€™t stopped production. I donā€™t want to lose access to real mexican coke ever! As for NYCā€” I can usually find Mexican coke at my local grocery in Bay Ridge, pretty much every bodega I go to, Wegmans, etc. I mostly hang in south Brooklyn but I find mexican coke in bodegas in Manhattan and definitely all over Queens. Just some tips in case you need some! Good luck on the hunt!

Back
Top Bottom