*Bioengineered* Ingredients in Mexican Coca Cola

EchoTango

Has any one else seen this? About half of the time I get a glass bottle of the Mexican coke it has a sticker on the back that says it contains bioengineered ingredients. It does not specify what ingredients are bioengineered. Would you avoid this or it is harmless? The coke in glass bottle with sugar cane is the only Coke I'll drink, but I'm hesitant to touch this product.

Lollipop2

Has any one else seen this? About half of the time I get a glass bottle of the Mexican coke it has a sticker on the back that says it contains bioengineered ingredients. It does not specify what ingredients are bioengineered. Would you avoid this or it is harmless? The coke in glass bottle with sugar cane is the only Coke I'll drink, but I'm hesitant to touch this product.
Get Maine Roots Mexican Cola - just as good and clean. I am sure the flavors are the GMO bioengineered product.

OP
EchoTango

EchoTango

Get Maine Roots Mexican Cola - just as good and clean. I am sure the flavors are the GMO bioengineered product.
That looks good! I haven't seen it in stores in my neck of the woods yet. Where do you get it?
I probably need to email coke and ask them specifically what they are talking about.
I wish I had a soda fountain in our kitchen..

Rafe

If it's not cane sugar then it must be GMO corn for the corn syrup.

Lollipop2

That looks good! I haven't seen it in stores in my neck of the woods yet. Where do you get it?
I probably need to email coke and ask them specifically what they are talking about.
I wish I had a soda fountain in our kitchen..
Whole Foods and Sprouts carry Maine Root sodas near me. You might ask on their website.

Stifler

I like mexican coke - it really helped me sleep better when I would sip on a bit before bed but a month after I started drinking it consistently my teeth health started to decline which I had heard but I thought I would still be ok because my metabolic rate in general was pretty good - I am really not fond of the effect it has on my teeth

Last edited:

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
I like mexican coke - it really helped me sleep better when I would sip on a bit before bed but a month after I started drinking it consistently my teeth health started to decline which I had heard but I thought I would still be ok because my metabolic rate in general was pretty good - I am really not fond of the effect it has on my teeth
It might help if you rinse your mouth out with water after you drink the coke. I do that after any sweetened beverage and I have great teeth health - not sure it makes a difference but it works for me.

Dr. B

they also have a really good blueberry soda, ingredients are filtered water, organic blueberry juice and cane sugar
hopefully its reverse osmosis filtered or something that reduces fluoride

rzero

I'm skeptical Mexican Coke is cane sugar these days. I'd like to know which substances are allowed to be labeled as sugar in Mexico. It may be GMO corn syrup or GMO beet sugar.

Lollipop2

they also have a really good blueberry soda, ingredients are filtered water, organic blueberry juice and cane sugar
hopefully its reverse osmosis filtered or something that reduces fluoride
I love the blueberry as well and their root beer!

Old Irenaeus

I have seen in on some but not all of the Cokes that I buy at Mexican grocers and restaurants in the U.S. It's concerning.

Dr. B

it irritates the teeth due to the phosphoric acid in it, its more irritating than orange juice which is more irritating than organic orange juice. the whole foods organic italian sodas are better i dont remember if they use filtered water in them. i havent seen that bioengineered ingredients it could be the phosphoric acid or caramel color unless they are no longer using the coca leaf extract and changed to some synthetic thing. fruit juice is superior to sodas anyway, theres some good seltzer options you could also mix with juice if you want carbonation. that maine root company seems good

Doc Sandoz

Apparently, BT sugar cane has been in use for about three years. The cane makes its own BT protein. Organic farmers use BT on their crops. Don't like GMOs but the BT type may be one of the least problematic.

Lollipop2

Apparently, BT sugar cane has been in use for about three years. The cane makes its own BT protein. Organic farmers use BT on their crops. Don't like GMOs but the BT type may be one of the least problematic.
What do you mean by BT sugar cane? What is BT?

HighT

I haven't had any problems with my teeth at all. I really enjoy it.
I used to enjoy it as well but it destroyed my teeth. Since I fix them and quit the cola, no problems at all. Not to mention the color.

I heard from my grandpa back then they used it as a rust remover. Even after special products for that purpose became a thing, cola was still more effective.

Also as one of the biggest corporations, you never know what they put in it. I watched a video in this forum for a graphene oxide in a Nestle's water.
So Nestle are doing this, but not coca cola, I don't think so.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals