How to treat tonsil stones

Beatrix_

I recently heard of a recipe of honey + onion syrup for respiratory ailments, I wonder if it would be good for tonsil stones as well. My husband gets them frequently too.

bookshelf

I recently heard of a recipe of honey + onion syrup for respiratory ailments, I wonder if it would be good for tonsil stones as well. My husband gets them frequently too.
I'd imagine it's worth a try. Lots of natural antibiotics and enzymes.

@Rinse & rePeat I just oil pulled. It's been a hot minute so I have to build up those muscles again. Made it almost ten minutes - not a bad start, I guess.

I'd imagine it's worth a try. Lots of natural antibiotics and enzymes.

@Rinse & rePeat I just oil pulled. It's been a hot minute so I have to build up those muscles again. Made it almost ten minutes - not a bad start, I guess.
I was reading recently that gargling and singing stimulates the vagus nerve, so I am thinking you should be experiencing some good digestion today!

I would think it would, as long as you boiled the onions and water separately and let it cool completely before adding the raw honey, so it doesn’t kill the active enzymes and other good stuff in the raw honey. Buckwheat honey would be good to use here…

“Moreover, the antibacterial and cellular antioxidant activities of buckwheat honey were compared with those of manuka honey. Buckwheat honey exhibits antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, comparable with manuka honey, and the cellular antioxidant activity of buckwheat honey is higher than that of manuka honey.”

bookshelf

I would think it would, as long as you boiled the onions and water separately and let it cool completely before adding the raw honey, so it doesn’t kill the active enzymes and other good stuff in the raw honey. Buckwheat honey would be good to use here…

“Moreover, the antibacterial and cellular antioxidant activities of buckwheat honey were compared with those of manuka honey. Buckwheat honey exhibits antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, comparable with manuka honey, and the cellular antioxidant activity of buckwheat honey is higher than that of manuka honey.”
What about just putting the onions right into the honey? I would refrigerate it, though...

What about just putting the onions right into the honey? I would refrigerate it, though...
That may work too, letting the combo sit for awhile. I wouldn’t put it in the refrigerator though, as it would slow the release of allicin, and quercetin. Once you mix the finely chopped or grated onion in the RAW honey, just leave it on the counter. RAW honey has natural antibiotic properties and will fend off bacteria, fungus or mold that would otherwise occurs if the onions were away from the RAW honey.

bookshelf

That may work too, letting the combo sit for awhile. I wouldn’t put it in the refrigerator though, as it would slow the release of allicin, and quercetin. Once you mix the finely chopped or grated onion in the RAW honey, just leave it on the counter. RAW honey has natural antibiotic properties and will fend off bacteria, fungus or mold that would otherwise occurs if the onions were away from the RAW honey.
I have kept honey 'tinctures' like this in the fridge with no issue but I see your point about it slowing the release. I think chopping and leaving them sit for a little bit (as with garlic) before mixing together would get the process started. If the honey does crystalize, I actually kind of like that texture...makes it more like a jam for spreading. I, too, would chop or grate them so there is more surface area for it to release into the honey and would make sure they are well coated/submerged. This could be a great concoction to just have on hand during cold and flu season regardless of the presence of tonsil stones. It would be delicious on a sandwich or grilled chicken.

sunny

Fermenting in raw honey. You might get addicted 😉.

Jennifer

My thoughts are, get to the root of why they're happening instead of just treating them.

Agreed. I used to get tiny tonsil stones periodically, but didn’t know what caused them until 3 months into doing a potato diet when I was coughing up stones the size of pinto beans and I realized they were a response to allergens. Since removing all allergenic foods from my diet, I haven’t had a tonsil stone since.

bookshelf

Agreed. I used to get tiny tonsil stones periodically, but didn’t know what caused them until 3 months into doing a potato diet when I was coughing up stones the size of pinto beans and I realized they were a response to allergens. Since removing all allergenic foods from my diet, I haven’t had a tonsil stone since.
Oh wow! That's an incredible!

bookshelf

Fermenting in raw honey. You might get addicted 😉.
Oh my! I love to add things to honey (like herbs) and also to ferment. This will be a new project for me, thank you for sharing this!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals