White Tonsil Stones

Kris

I noticed in the past that I coughed out a couple of white stones that have very bad smell. It seems to be a common issue that such stones accumulate in the tonsils. I remove them occasionally with long cotton sticks. What is causing their formation? Are the toxic. I know that they can cause bad breath, so they are probably toxic.

Oleg

White “stones” are dead while blood cells, since tonsils have protective role.
Some people are more prone to developing them than the others. Mostly due to specific physiological predispositions, like having pocket like folds on them. I have regularly check my tonsils and wash out any “stones” that might have accumulated. I found that a plastic syringe with a curved pipe is very helpful. I think the original use is for applying bleaching agent on the teeth.

TheSir

I found that a plastic syringe with a curved pipe is very helpful.
Ah, never thought of that! I've been pressing the tonsils with a teaspoon, but for some pockets it's difficult to find the proper direction from which to push in order to empty them. I'm definitely going to try this out, digging up tonsil stones comes with the same kind of bizarre satisfaction as popping blackheads.

stumpus

I had this problem and ended up just getting a tonsillectomy. Not a good time, but it solved the issue permanently.

OP
K

Kris

there are more to those stones, bacteria, fungi, residues of food, and some other disgusting stuff. the bacteria produce sulphur which is responsible for the bad smell (associated with devil by the way:)). yes, I too sometimes just use spoon to squeeze this stuff out.

Last edited:
OP
K

Kris

can you inject by yourself or you need to go some spacial clinic? i doubt this is available where I live.

OP
K

Kris

i noticed that gurgling salt water helps with this issue.

OP
K

Kris

yes, it does. but not always. some of the stone are stuck really deep. i need to get spoon, the back side, of it, to squeeze them out.

miquelangeles

Ah, never thought of that! I've been pressing the tonsils with a teaspoon, but for some pockets it's difficult to find the proper direction from which to push in order to empty them. I'm definitely going to try this out, digging up tonsil stones comes with the same kind of bizarre satisfaction as popping blackheads.
Are the stones always visible to the eye in advance or they start popping out when you press the tonsils even if they are not visible?

Oleg

Yes, very satisfying! Those syringes are for dental whitening application. You can find them online pretty cheap. Use salty water, it helps to clean the pockets and also less gagging. I was one of those poor people who suffered from tonsillitis over and over again, but the solution was so easy. It definitely effects the breath, but also a source of constant infection if not addressed. Good luck to you!

Zbush

Are the stones always visible to the eye in advance or they start popping out when you press the tonsils even if they are not visible?
It depends, most likely you will be able to see them but they can hide deep within the tonsil pockets. When I had them I was able to see one of two barely peaking out but had a whole cluster deep within. If you don't see any and your tonsils look swollen just take a spoon or cotton swab and press against tonsils. The syringe like Oleg said works great for those hidden spots.

Bogdar

I started having some after gut issues.
They now devellop with a 100% certainty after some foods, in a day or two, and can accumulate for weeks:
Gluten (all wheat products)
Milk and other dairies as well
Nuts

These are the main triggers classified with the highest trigger in first. I also can feel during the meal they're gonna develop because some deglutitions bring some sort of infected saliva from the upper back of my throat and it tastes "immune stuff".

I would suggest against removing tonsils since they're only a witness of you're body reacting to something, not the cause...

Oleg

I started having some after gut issues.
They now devellop with a 100% certainty after some foods, in a day or two, and can accumulate for weeks:
Gluten (all wheat products)
Milk and other dairies as well
Nuts

These are the main triggers classified with the highest trigger in first. I also can feel during the meal they're gonna develop because some deglutitions bring some sort of infected saliva from the upper back of my throat and it tastes "immune stuff".

I would suggest against removing tonsils since they're only a witness of you're body reacting to something, not the cause...
Since I started listening to Ray Peat and trying to apply his principles and philosophy to myself, I noticed a big reduction in white spots on my tonsils. I mostly check and clean as a prophylactic measure. About once a month.

OP
K

Kris

I use water pick instead of floss. i think this can work quite well for this purpose.

Oleg

I use water pick instead of floss. i think this can work quite well for this purpose.
It might work on the lowest pressure setting, but it might be still too hard for that sensitive area. Good idea though. Let me know if it works for you

OP
K

Kris

what about using Ozone water? even in water pick. does anyone has knowledge about this? i just got an ozone generator.

Last edited:

HLP

can you inject by yourself or you need to go some spacial clinic? i doubt this is available where I live.
Ozone is very dangerous to inhale, not something you should do yourself.