How Much B6 (pyridoxine HCI) Is Too Much?

GreekDemiGod

I'm currently taking a B-complex (high potency) and it's got very high dosages from several B vitamins, and not in the ideal ratios.

B6 50mg
Thiamine 50mg
Panthotenic Acid 50mg
Choline 21mg
Niacin 50mg
Riboflavin 50mg

I'm taking one pill every 2-3 days.

I'm currently taking a B-complex (high potency) and it's got very high dosages from several B vitamins, and not in the ideal ratios.

B6 50mg
Thiamine 50mg
Panthotenic Acid 50mg
Choline 21mg
Niacin 50mg
Riboflavin 50mg

I'm taking one pill every 2-3 days.

Will vary between persons. I've known people who complained of neuropathy from B6 but I have not experienced this even from 200mg in one dose.

I prefer pyridoxine to p5p but do not take it according to a fixed pattern.

Currently I'm experimenting with 60mg benfotiamine, 100 or 200mg riboflavin (based on energy level), 50 or 100mg pantothenic acid (based on skin clarity), and 800mcg methylfolate daily without perceived problems.

I've stopped B3 (niacin; never taken niacinamide) indefinitely because I thought it was neutralizing too many methyl groups and making me sluggish.

maillol

Definitely a per person thing. B6 in almost any quantity disagrees with me. First noticed it after taking ZMA for a few days and that's only 7mg. I get it from p5p too, the type doesn't seem to make a difference. It's a hard feeling to describe, sort of physically anxious rather than mentally.

baccheion

100 mg or less to avoid peripheral neuropathy. 10 mg with the rest as B6 P-5'-P.

ebs

A recent blood test revealed I had five times the upper limit of b6 in my blood. I supplemented with "safe" amounts of b6 (6-12mg) for a couple of years. Luckily I don't experience any toxicity symptoms but I ceased supplementation for the time being.

baccheion

A recent blood test revealed I had five times the upper limit of b6 in my blood. I supplemented with "safe" amounts of b6 (6-12mg) for a couple of years. Luckily I don't experience any toxicity symptoms but I ceased supplementation for the time being.
What form? If it's pyridoxine at such small amounts, excess implies insufficient riboflavin and maybe other cofactors needed to convert to active form.

ebs

What form? If it's pyridoxine at such small amounts, excess implies insufficient riboflavin and maybe other cofactors needed to convert to active form.

It was always part of a b vitamin supplement so I would be very suprised if it's because of a deficiency of another b vitamin.

How much riboflavin is needed for 6-12mg b6?

baccheion

It was always part of a b vitamin supplement so I would be very suprised if it's because of a deficiency of another b vitamin.

How much riboflavin is needed for 6-12mg b6?
Was it P-5'-P or pyridoxine? I'm not sure if there's a ratio. Typical amounts (few milligrams) may be sufficient.

ebs

Was it P-5'-P or pyridoxine? I'm not sure if there's a ratio. Typical amounts (few milligrams) may be sufficient.

I've used both the past couple of years. One supplement contains pyridoxine (raw adrenal) 6mg while another specific b supplement from metagenics contains p5p 6mg. Both supplements also contain 300-400% the rdi of riboflavin as well as the other b vitamins. I've never taken b6 in isolation. I guess I somehow saturated my body with it but so far with no (known) side effects.

ddjd

that's a classic sign of functional deficiency. the b6 isn't getting inside your cells. endless people in the Pyroluria group will complain of supposedly ridiculously high b6 levels in blood test but all that usually means is actual b6 cellular levels are incredibly low

TheSir

that's a classic sign of functional deficiency. the b6 isn't getting inside your cells. endless people in the Pyroluria group will complain of supposedly ridiculously high b6 levels in blood test but all that usually means is actual b6 cellular levels are incredibly low
How do these people know that their cellular levels are low?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals