How Do You Treat And Prevent Constipation?

OP
L

Logan-

I use magnesium glycinate, helps to some degree. I haven’t tried cascara yet. What are the other things that can be used?

I have found well cooked mushrooms to be constipating, has anybody else experienced this?

Bluemachine

I use magnesium glycinate, helps to some degree. I haven’t tried cascara yet. What are the other things that can be used?

I have found well cooked mushrooms to be constipating, has anybody else experienced this?
i have been tempted to try wbm as i find the carrot salad slightly constipating, was hoping the mushrooms might work better for me. what's your experience with the carrot if youve tried that? when i eat fruit consistently (dates and bananas usually) constiapation alleviates considerably but i get worse symptoms instead, feels like the fiber and/or the starch is feeding something nasty in my gut and i wonder if i'm only more regular to dump the higher bacterial load

d1d2

Cascara works well for me too. Just about a ¼ capsule from Now at bedtime.

redsun

What do you do? Both for prevention and acute treatment.

Vitamin C probably. Niacinamide as well may help, you can take them together even. Decent doses are 500mg vitamin C and 100mg niacinamide.

OP
L

Logan-

Thanks for the replies so far, I think I will give cascara a try. Where do you guys buy yours?

i have been tempted to try wbm as i find the carrot salad slightly constipating, was hoping the mushrooms might work better for me. what's your experience with the carrot if youve tried that? when i eat fruit consistently (dates and bananas usually) constiapation alleviates considerably but i get worse symptoms instead, feels like the fiber and/or the starch is feeding something nasty in my gut and i wonder if i'm only more regular to dump the higher bacterial load

I haven’t experienced the same constipating effect from carrot salad that I experience from mushrooms and bamboo shoots.

Zpol

Thanks for the replies so far, I think I will give cascara a try. Where do you guys buy yours?

Lifegivingstore.com

It's extremely important to get well aged cascara. It should be dark brown, 'almost the color of coffee grounds when wet', per RP. If it's not dark brown then it hasn't been aged long enough and is actually inflammatory.

ebs

I use cascara. About a half teaspoon every morning.

Same. I use two capsules from Nature's Way, which is double the dose but one isn't effective enough. With this I've all but normalized bowel movements. If it has longterm negative effects then so be it because it wasn't getting any better anyway. So now I just have one less problem to worry about.

OP
L

Logan-

It's extremely important to get well aged cascara. It should be dark brown, 'almost the color of coffee grounds when wet', per RP. If it's not dark brown then it hasn't been aged long enough and is actually inflammatory.

Thanks for sharing this. Does cascara help with your intestinal inflammation?

Marcine

I'm convinced my issue is poor bile flow. If your poo is light that is one indication. Enough roughage may be an issue too. Travis Burch suggested eating a carrot daily. I started eating celery (with goat cheese.) I also use some liver herbs in tea. It's still very hit or miss. I'll go 3 days and then won't. Someone told me that gall stones will release and then more will block again. Cascara Sagrada can be too harsh (diarrhea sometimes) and I like Triphala because it tones the colon which is something needed in older folk generally. So, try more good fiber. Travis also suggested chicory. I think key is liver health and lymph movement as well as general improvement of metabolism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals