MitoLipin For Idiopathic Constipation?

tomisonbottom

Your success is very inspiring to me!

I take liothyronine 5MCG (Rx T3) 2x per day, morning and evening (resulting in about a 4:1 ratio of T4 to T3). My doc won't increase it anymore. I might try an additional non-Rx T3. Do you use the Blue Sky Peptides or prescription? Also, perhaps my dosing is not often enough. Do you take drops or "nibbles" throughout the day? I don't know how people manage to do this microdosing every hour or two, but if it works then I'll figure out how to somehow.

Thank you again for taking the time to help:D

Good! And yeah, I don't go through a doctor; they wouldn't prescribe me what I needed. I get mine from an online pharmacy and nibble throughout the day.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Good! And yeah, I don't go through a doctor; they wouldn't prescribe me what I needed. I get mine from an online pharmacy and nibble throughout the day.

Yea, my doctor is better than most in terms of alternative thinking, but she is forced to be held to conventional practices due insurance mandates and appeasing pharmaceutical companies in order to retain her malpractice insurance and M.D. licensing. It's so sad.

I will start microdosing with Blue Sky Peptides liothyroxine ASAP and titrate down on the T4 very slowly. To know the benefit that you have had with this regimen, along with refamiliarizing myself on the importance of T3 half life and dosing protocol, I will be much more likely to stick to the 1 or 2hr dosing. It appears this schedule is much more important than I originally thought.

Correction; I will research Tyromax instead of BSP liothyronine.

Last edited:

Yeah, that video isn't the best example, but he's mentioned the potential issues with t4 many times; whereas you don't get that with t3. Sometimes t4 is fine, and sometimes it's not.
But t3 is always safe (given the right amount), so when someone has something as bad as the constipation described I personally wouldn't risk it.
If someone can't convert it, it ends being antithyroid, so in a case where you don't know what's going on, and you're already having problems, it's easier to troubleshoot by taking only t3 then you don't even have to worry about it.

he has said ways to troubleshoot it.. taking t3 only if you cant even convert t4 to t3 i think would make your tsh go up and down sporadically

OP
Zpol

Zpol

he has said ways to troubleshoot it.. taking t3 only if you cant even convert t4 to t3 i think would make your tsh go up and down sporadically

The troubleshooting is where it gets tricky. I suppose I will have to be very strict on monitoring temps and pulses for a while.

The troubleshooting is where it gets tricky. I suppose I will have to be very strict on monitoring temps and pulses for a while.

yeah, might be worth it to check cholesterol too since you mentioned something about not getting enough protein or calcium, if cholesterol is too low, it's a dangerous game for real, its only like 30 dollars off that lab site

OP
Zpol

Zpol

yeah, might be worth it to check cholesterol too since you mentioned something about not getting enough protein or calcium, if cholesterol is too low, it's a dangerous game for real, its only like 30 dollars off that lab site

I'm forced to get that checked by my health ins. company, every year. So far so good there!

Why would it make TSH go up?

from my understanding, t3 doesn't have a long half life... so if you take it, it will drop your tsh, but your tsh will inevitably go back up again once there's no more thyroid in the blood.. t4 allows steady conversion of t4 to t3 to keep it down since it "builds up" so to speak and has a reserve tank

@Zpol btw, are you taking a B supplement? i think this is so important as well.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

from my understanding, t3 doesn't have a long half life... so if you take it, it will drop your tsh, but your tsh will inevitably go back up again once there's no more thyroid in the blood.. t4 allows steady conversion of t4 to t3 to keep it down since it "builds up" so to speak and has a reserve tank

@Zpol btw, are you taking a B supplement? i think this is so important as well.

Thanks for explaining, makes sense.

I take Idealabs Energin, 40 drops, in the morning. I only just started supplementing b vitamins the last few weeks, not sure if it's affecting other aspects of my health yet, I haven't noticed any reduction in symptoms.
I'm debating taking a methylated folate and B12 to reduce my elevated Homocysteine, but I'm not sure since there is some evidence taking those two could be dangerous.

Thanks for explaining, makes sense.

I take Idealabs Energin, 40 drops, in the morning. I only just started supplementing b vitamins the last few weeks, not sure if it's affecting other aspects of my health yet, I haven't noticed any reduction in symptoms.
I'm debating taking a methylated folate and B12 to reduce my elevated Homocysteine, but I'm not sure since there is some evidence taking those two could be dangerous.

I see, cool. How much preg are you taking? I notice preg really can make my digestion work better, but it sounds like it may not be the same for you.

Something I really wanted to ask you though, are you using coffee at all? I think coffee in a constipated state is not good. Although it seems odd because it has magnesium in it, the coffee will push the gas on the metabolism. If you are all ready constipated, we can assume we are in a stressed state as it is. I think the further gas pushing would be similar to how T4 can cause problems if you are in a high stress where it just doesn't work, or it's pushing a further stress reaction.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

I see, cool. How much preg are you taking? I notice preg really can make my digestion work better, but it sounds like it may not be the same for you.

Something I really wanted to ask you though, are you using coffee at all? I think coffee in a constipated state is not good. Although it seems odd because it has magnesium in it, the coffee will push the gas on the metabolism. If you are all ready constipated, we can assume we are in a stressed state as it is. I think the further gas pushing would be similar to how T4 can cause problems if you are in a high stress where it just doesn't work, or it's pushing a further stress reaction.

I take 5mg of Pregnenolone per day, topically. Haven't noticed this as being beneficial to digestion.
You have a point with the coffee, it is very stimulating to me so probably not a good thing. But helps me get through the day, and helps my digestion move a little faster. Plus I'm physically addicted to it, I get severe migraines if I cut back on it. I drink about 2 cups per day.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

@mayweatherking and @tomisonbottom , may I ask; Are you using
Tyronene?
If so, how do you determine how many drops and how do you divide the drops? One drop is 8mcg, RP recommends "to use a few mcg of T3 at other times in the day".
Do you think it would work to do 10mcg of my Rx T3 along with my 50mcg of my Rx T4 in the mornings and then an additional 8mcg drops of Tyronene 3x per day? (this comes to 34mcg per day)

I take 5mg of Pregnenolone per day, topically. Haven't noticed this as being beneficial to digestion.
You have a point with the coffee, it is very stimulating to me so probably not a good thing. But helps me get through the day, and helps my digestion move a little faster. Plus I'm physically addicted to it, I get severe migraines if I cut back on it. I drink about 2 cups per day.

try 4 days without coffee before u jump into t3, and use magnesium spray and vegetable broth as magnesium source... trust me try this and see how u do... if u are all ready in a very stressed state.. and start taking t3... you will burn through glycogen very fast, i dont think it is safe if you are using coffee and this condition

Tyronene?
If so, how do you determine how many drops and how do you divide the drops? One drop is 8mcg, RP recommends "to use a few mcg of T3 at other times in the day".
Do you think it would work to do 10mcg of my Rx T3 along with my 50mcg of my Rx T4 in the mornings and then an additional 8mcg drops of Tyronene 3x per day? (this comes to 34mcg per day)

i know i sound like a know it all, but when i say trust me, please seriously trust me and try it. coffee and t3 combined in a constipated state is not safe. t r u s t m e. lol. please don't try it. you need to try without coffee and try to rebuild the glycogen stores for 2 or so days withotu the coffee stimulating cortisol, coffee is good if your glycogen stores are good all ready.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

i know i sound like a know it all, but when i say trust me, please seriously trust me and try it. coffee and t3 combined in a constipated state is not safe. t r u s t m e. lol. please don't try it. you need to try without coffee and try to rebuild the glycogen stores for 2 or so days withotu the coffee stimulating cortisol, coffee is good if your glycogen stores are good all ready.

Thank you, this is good to know. However, quitting coffee would also be problematic due to the fact I am reliant on it for helping the constipation, which then leads to migraines that last until I drink coffee again. I'm thinking that the coffee stimulates faster transit and thereby reduces the endotoxin that causes the migraines. If I could get rid of this pesky constipation I would have no need for coffee. I've been taking magnesium bicarb which has been helping restore my blood plasma magnesium levels, coffee, vegetable broth, and transdermal magnesium chloride did not help. You are spot on that coffee is likely causing higher cortisol but I'm not sure I would be well without it either... Quite the quandary for me.
What do you think would happen if I took more t3 in addition to the 2 cups coffee per day? I mean in addition to higher cortisol.

...Maybe I could make sure to have a meal or Lapodin along with the coffee to negate cortisol effect.

Thank you, this is good to know. However, quitting coffee would also be problematic due to the fact I am reliant on it for helping the constipation, which then leads to migraines that last until I drink coffee again. I'm thinking that the coffee stimulates faster transit and thereby reduces the endotoxin that causes the migraines. If I could get rid of this pesky constipation I would have no need for coffee. I've been taking magnesium bicarb which has been helping restore my blood plasma magnesium levels, coffee, vegetable broth, and transdermal magnesium chloride did not help. You are spot on that coffee is likely causing higher cortisol but I'm not sure I would be well without it either... Quite the quandary for me.
What do you think would happen if I took more t3 in addition to the 2 cups coffee per day?

no i think the coffee is contributing to causing it, if it's causing cortisol to go up, that means it is blocking the conversion of T4 to T3, and you are all ready taking like 50mcg of T4, so all that T4 right there is being turned into RT3, i think if you try no coffee at all, if ur glycogen is good, coffee would be good, because there's enough to buffer it off, i think u will be surprised if u start drinking the OJ and sugared milk and enough potassium and magnesium, u will feel the glycogen start refilling along with B vitamins,

i think together, in a constipated state, it will burn through glycogen very very fast and could potentially really put you into a bad state, like u could get really light headed, i dont think it is smart, seriously not smart. i think it's worth to try no coffee first with all the other peat parts, but ensure you are getting magnesium from vegetable broth.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

I see your point. I will have to increase glycogen first before attempting to quit coffee though because once those migraines kick in , any food I can manage to eat just comes right back up. I think if I titrate down very slowly, I can avoid them hopefully. I don't like to be so addicted to it anyway. I definitely need to kick the habit.
Right now I can't eat much though, I guess that's half the problem. I have to balance sugars with protein and fat, but I just don't have the room in stomach to eat or drink much.

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

I see your point. I will have to increase glycogen first before attempting to quit coffee though because once those migraines kick in , any food I can manage to eat just comes right back up. I think if I titrate down very slowly, I can avoid them hopefully. I don't like to be so addicted to it anyway. I definitely need to kick the habit.
Right now I can't eat much though, I guess that's half the problem. I have to balance sugars with protein and fat, but I just don't have the room in stomach to eat or drink much.

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

eat a normal meal, without coffee, then wait, and then drink coffee, and check your temperature after eating the meal, and then after drinking the coffee, the truth is in the temperature if it is really a problem or not, good luck

tomisonbottom

Tyronene?

I don't, I use cynomel; the tablet form.

But I would use temperature, pulse and symptoms to determine how much extra t3 to take. Symptoms are the best way to determine how much you need.