Linaclotide (Linzess™)

Oraganic4me

I have had slow digestion with slow transit time my whole life... Last year an endocrinologist put me on 50mcg levothyroxine to lower Tsh and help slow growth of some thyroid nodules I developed.
I have been following a Peaty way of eating for about a few months. I am considering asking my endo about linaclotide (Linzess™) to help me.. I also have Stage 4 colon cancer and in this medical article that I found states :

Also, What do you think ? Would you take Linzess if you had colon cancer ?

CONCLUSION
CRC is widely accepted as disease of acquired sequential mutations leading to genomic instability and loss of epithelial integrity. However, the initiating events of epithelial transformation that give rise to the driving genetic mutations of CRC remain elusive. The GUCY2C signaling axis is thought to contribute to tumor initiation as its universal silencing by loss of its hormone ligands results in increased DNA damage, increased cell cycle progression, AKT activation, and deregulation of metabolic processes, which invariably potentiates tumor growth. The loss of GUCY2C hormones highlights CRC as a potential disease of paracrine hormone-insufficiency. Direct targeting of the GUCY2C pathway by hormone replacement therapy might restore homeostatic mechanisms required for normal intestinal function and potentially prevent CRC. The feasibility of hormone replacement therapy in the prevention and treatment of CRC is underscored by the development of the FDA-approved GUCY2C ligand “linaclotide (Linzess™),” which can be orally administered to patients to restore GUCY2C activation. Other GUCY2C-specific peptide compounds currently are being developed, which will broaden the horizons of hormone replacement therapy for a number of gastrointestinal diseases, and could impact the way CRC is treated in the future. Thus, the paracrine-hormone hypothesis proposes a shift in paradigm for CRC development from irreversible genetic mutations to reversible signaling mechanisms that can be managed through oral hormone replacement therapy.
Guanylyl cyclase C signaling axis and colon cancer prevention

Cirion

No idea sorry. Have you already looked into things like high strength FAO and/or lipolysis blockers? I believe Obi-Wan who also has cancer is on Mildronate which is a pharmaceutical grade FAO blocker. Cancer sucks, I hope you get better. Good luck!

OP
Oraganic4me

Oraganic4me

No idea sorry. Have you already looked into things like high strength FAO and/or lipolysis blockers? I believe Obi-Wan who also has cancer is on Mildronate which is a pharmaceutical grade FAO blocker. Cancer sucks, I hope you get better. Good luck!

Thanks... yes , I follow Obi wan’s posts.
I was just curious about this drug Linzess...
Take care.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals