Dairy and constipation

SamYo123

Dairy and constipation, I get it from both cows milk and goats milk Im not lactose intolereant so what is it? Cant get raw or A2 milk in the uk either, left eye also becomes twitchy, and appearance of puffy eyes the next morning...

JohnHafterson

Beta casomorphin from casein metabolism can cause constipation - it's an opioid like substance ( caso from casein and morphin from morphine ). Opioids have known effects on gut motility. But milk has other things as well which effect the gut. Complex food.

Last edited:

Vileplume

Do you check your basal body temperature? If you react this way to milk of both types, and react to fructose and sugar, my best guess would be that certain functions in your body aren't functioning right because of low mitochondrial energy or low body temperature.

Motif

Do you check your basal body temperature? If you react this way to milk of both types, and react to fructose and sugar, my best guess would be that certain functions in your body aren't functioning right because of low mitochondrial energy or low body temperature.

How would you try to fix low body temperature?

Vileplume

How would you try to fix low body temperature?
I hope this answer doesn't seem too jaded or worn-in, but basically everything that improves metabolism and lowers inflammation. Thyroid, aspirin, caffeine, foods that digest with no irritation, gelatin, salt, protein, calcium, other minerals, sugar. For some people, eating more solid foods (and less liquids) seem to help their body temperature increase. For me, thyroid has played a critical role, and eliminating hard-to-digest fibrous foods. I don't tolerate aspirin well, because it upsets my stomach after a few days, but it does seem to increase my body temperature, so if it didn't upset my stomach I would take it every day.

Motif

I hope this answer doesn't seem too jaded or worn-in, but basically everything that improves metabolism and lowers inflammation. Thyroid, aspirin, caffeine, foods that digest with no irritation, gelatin, salt, protein, calcium, other minerals, sugar. For some people, eating more solid foods (and less liquids) seem to help their body temperature increase. For me, thyroid has played a critical role, and eliminating hard-to-digest fibrous foods. I don't tolerate aspirin well, because it upsets my stomach after a few days, but it does seem to increase my body temperature, so if it didn't upset my stomach I would take it every day.
Thanks! Could you tell us what your diet looks like?

OP
S

SamYo123

I hope this answer doesn't seem too jaded or worn-in, but basically everything that improves metabolism and lowers inflammation. Thyroid, aspirin, caffeine, foods that digest with no irritation, gelatin, salt, protein, calcium, other minerals, sugar. For some people, eating more solid foods (and less liquids) seem to help their body temperature increase. For me, thyroid has played a critical role, and eliminating hard-to-digest fibrous foods. I don't tolerate aspirin well, because it upsets my stomach after a few days, but it does seem to increase my body temperature, so if it didn't upset my stomach I would take it every day

I’m always warm and skimmed milk does keep warm…

Vileplume

Thanks! Could you tell us what your diet looks like?
Yes. Although I still haven’t solved all my own issues, the below has gotten me to 98.3F waking temp and 99F for a lot of the day.

Supps:
1.25 cynoplus tablets, split into .25s and taken at 5 times during the day
-3000 IU vitamin D before bed
-4 mg vitamin K before bed

Breakfast:
2 or 3 lattes, each with:
-2 cups whole goat milk
-1 cup coffee
-1 tbsp sugar

Snack:
-finely grated raw carrot

Lunch:
-sometimes a masa tortilla with two eggs, but more recently I’ve had instead:
-boiled and puréed bamboo shoots (1/2-1 cup) mixed with sugar and two eggs into a scramble.
-1-2 cups of pineapple of orange juice
-1.5 tsp salt
-another cup of coffee

Snack:
-cup of OJ or pineapple or grape juice
-3 or 4 cups of whole goat milk and sugar
-tsp of salt
-cup (or two) of coffee

Dinner:
-
cup or two of goat milk with sugar
-cup of pineapple/grape/orange juice
One of: liver, oysters, oxtail soup
-1/4 cup of pecorino Romano cheese
-1 cup of finally chopped, well-cooked white button mushrooms
-another tsp of salt
-cup of coffee

Before bed:
-
quart of goat milk with 2 tbsp sugar

Last edited:

Vileplume

I’m always warm and skimmed milk does keep warm…
Have you actually taken your oral temperature though, upon waking? Feeling warm is a good sign, but knowing waking temperature, plus cholesterol and TSH labs, could help check your thyroid status.

Dr. B

i have to test to confirm but it seems like aspirin bloats my face although i do use the one with carnauba wax and triacetin.
have you tested our salicylate containing foods or fruits? if you have a sensitivity to aspirin, does it mean you should have a sensitivity to salycylate containing fruits too most likely?

Vins7

Yes. Although I still haven’t solved all my own issues, the below has gotten me to 98.3F waking temp and 99F for a lot of the day.

Supps:
1.25 cynoplus tablets, split into .25s and taken at 5 times during the day
-3000 IU vitamin D before bed
-4 mg vitamin K before bed

Breakfast:
2 or 3 lattes, each with:
-2 cups whole goat milk
-1 cup coffee
-1 tbsp sugar

Snack:
-finely grated raw carrot

Lunch:
-sometimes a masa tortilla with two eggs, but more recently I’ve had instead:
-boiled and puréed bamboo shoots (1/2-1 cup) mixed with sugar and two eggs into a scramble.
-1-2 cups of pineapple of orange juice
-1.5 tsp salt
-another cup of coffee

Snack:
-cup of OJ or pineapple or grape juice
-3 or 4 cups of whole goat milk and sugar
-tsp of salt
-cup (or two) of coffee

Dinner:
-
cup or two of goat milk with sugar
-cup of pineapple/grape/orange juice
One of: liver, oysters, oxtail soup
-1/4 cup of pecorino Romano cheese
-1 cup of finally chopped, well-cooked white button mushrooms
-another tsp of salt
-cup of coffee

Before bed:
-
quart of goat milk with 2 tbsp sugar
It seems to be a lot of liquids. How many liters do you drink a day?

Vileplume

It seems to be a lot of liquids. How many liters do you drink a day?
It is a lot of liquids, about 1.5 gallons per day or 6 liters, but mostly milk. When I first switched to a gallon of goat milk per day, back in June, I instantaneously felt better. My heart rate variability (HRV) increased, which signifies stronger vagus nerve function, I started losing weight and building muscle, and my mood got WAY better, despite a huge jump in the amount of liquid.

Last year in January, when I still did not feel good, I did a stint of low/no liquid, thinking high liquid might be my culprit. I ate meat, fruit, cheese. But I did not get any better and still felt terrible. The first major step forward I took was when I made goat milk my primary protein. At that point, a lot of things clicked, and I stopped gaining weight for the first time after a year. I also did not urinate any extra, despite drinking over a gallon of goat milk per day.

I cannot have that much fruit juice because it affects me worse than goat milk does, but I choose fruit juice over whole fruit because juice doesn’t seem to bloat me as much.

Green Dot

Your magnesium requirements increase as your calcium intake increases. I had the same problem and I resolved it by supplementing magnesium.

Vileplume

i have to test to confirm but it seems like aspirin bloats my face although i do use the one with carnauba wax and triacetin.
have you tested our salicylate containing foods or fruits? if you have a sensitivity to aspirin, does it mean you should have a sensitivity to salycylate containing fruits too most likely?
Intuitively, it feels like something in the aspirin manufacturing causes me to react so badly, even though I use the "pure" Aniprin animal aspirin. . I don't react with that type of intense lower-belly bloating to anything else, except manufactured citric acid. If the fruit is ripe, no matter which type of fruit, I don't typically get any bloating from it. Do you know which fruits contain the most salicylic acid?

Dr. B

Your magnesium requirements increase as your calcium intake increases. I had the same problem and I resolved it by supplementing magnesium.
instead of upping magnesium you could also do vitamin k2, or vitamin A right

Intuitively, it feels like something in the aspirin manufacturing causes me to react so badly, even though I use the "pure" Aniprin animal aspirin. . I don't react with that type of intense lower-belly bloating to anything else, except manufactured citric acid. If the fruit is ripe, no matter which type of fruit, I don't typically get any bloating from it. Do you know which fruits contain the most salicylic acid?

since i started aspirin alongside thiamine hcl and policosanol im not sure yet if it was the aspirin bloating me and drying the eyes a bit, but it seems most likely due to not being as hypoallergenic i think as policosanol or b1

does aspirin have to be sourced from willow bark tree? or, as long as its salicylic acid and acetic acid, the sourcing doesnt matter? the sulfuric acid could be troublesome
maybe something else in the fruit counteracts the salicylic acid, or maybe theres a sourcing issue with aspirin

Sodium salicylate is commercially prepared by treating sodium phenolate (the sodium salt of phenol) with carbon dioxide at high pressure (100 atm) and high temperature (115 °C) – a method known as the Kolbe-Schmitt reaction. Acidification of the product with sulfuric acid gives salicylic acid:

Salicylic acid occurs in plants as free salicylic acid and its carboxylated esters and phenolic glycosides. Several studies suggest that humans metabolize salicylic acid in measurable quantities from these plants.[34] High-salicylate beverages and foods include beer, coffee, tea, numerous fruits and vegetables, sweet potato, nuts, and olive oil.[35] Meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products, sugar, and breads and cereals have low salicylate content.[35][36]

Some people with sensitivity to dietary salicylates may have symptoms of allergic reaction, such as bronchial asthma, rhinitis, gastrointestinal disorders, or diarrhea, so may need to adopt a low-salicylate diet.

Vins7

It is a lot of liquids, about 1.5 gallons per day or 6 liters, but mostly milk. When I first switched to a gallon of goat milk per day, back in June, I instantaneously felt better. My heart rate variability (HRV) increased, which signifies stronger vagus nerve function, I started losing weight and building muscle, and my mood got WAY better, despite a huge jump in the amount of liquid.

Last year in January, when I still did not feel good, I did a stint of low/no liquid, thinking high liquid might be my culprit. I ate meat, fruit, cheese. But I did not get any better and still felt terrible. The first major step forward I took was when I made goat milk my primary protein. At that point, a lot of things clicked, and I stopped gaining weight for the first time after a year. I also did not urinate any extra, despite drinking over a gallon of goat milk per day.

I cannot have that much fruit juice because it affects me worse than goat milk does, but I choose fruit juice over whole fruit because juice doesn’t seem to bloat me as much.
It's a lot of milk I would be all day urinating transparent if I drink just a half of this liquid amount. I don't know how to fix it.

Vileplume

It's a lot of milk I would be all day urinating transparent if I drink just a half of this liquid amount. I don't know how to fix it.
Do you track your body temperature? Increasing your temp/metabolism is the best way to tolerate more liquid I think.