Help! I don't know what to do. My GI system is so messed up and inflamed.

moa

emodin (one active component in Cascara and Chinese rhubarb) and if used in doses lower than what's causing a laxative effect, can be systemically beneficial
yes, i use cascara to reduce swollen colon, only below levels that create diarrhea.

but if constipation is bad you may need more temporarily, but it will irritate the mucosa. that's why i explained how to empty the colon without cascara, and use cascara after the colon has been flush to increase the lumen volume.

if you cannot do it like that, I'm not sure witch one is safer, laxative cascara or doing a colon cleanse with water. sometimes too much cascara can irritate the mucosa more than a colon flush with water.

I've never did colon cleanse to help with constipation, only did it when i felt my poo was burning or irritating, so i can't tell how well it works for constipation.

Jonk

yes, i use cascara to reduce swollen colon, only below levels that create diarrhea.

but if constipation is bad you may need more temporarily, but it will irritate the mucosa. that's why i explained how to empty the colon without cascara, and use cascara after the colon has been flush to increase the lumen volume.

if you cannot do it like that, I'm not sure witch one is safer, laxative cascara or doing a colon cleanse with water. sometimes too much cascara can irritate the mucosa more than a colon flush with water.

I've never did colon cleanse to help with constipation, only did it when i felt my poo was burning or irritating, so i can't tell how well it works for constipation.
Yeah I'm not entirely sure about the mechanism, but I think watery stools from Cascara or Chinese rhubarb isn't necessarily from irritation. Some people on here mentions that Cascara has that effect first few days and then the body adjusts. From my personal experience the Chinese rhubarb either way feels a lot gentler than for example high dose magnesium hydroxide. Also, the laxative effect from Chinese rhubarb supposedly comes from the effect of suppressing water absorption in the intestine, so I would assume this is why I can have loose stools on it while not having a serotonergic rebound effect. Also the rhubarb might have the opposite effect on the mucosal layer.
"Rhubarb promotes the proliferation of goblet cells in the intestinal mucosa, which can secrete a large amount of mucus to reinforce the intestinal mucosal barrier by forming a mucosal layer [34]."

moa

Also, the laxative effect from Chinese rhubarb supposedly comes from the effect of suppressing water absorption in the intestine, so I would assume this is why I can have loose stools on it while not having a serotonergic rebound effect
yes, maybe it's not irritation.

when i took too much cascara once in huge dose, cause i had pain so much i thought i would die, it stopped my pain, the the next day my entire colon was burning inside.

the feeling was not pain, but hot. and also i had very high heart rate and anxiety. i think this was also due to my low acetylcholine levels (because of zinc deficiency).

it didn't caused any watery stools cause my colon was already empty. the only solution was to flush it out with a colon cleanse enema with warm water.

Perilla frutescens, Undecylenate, Conker Tree extract and Atrantil™ are a few good ones than inhibit methane producers and will help against constipation. The ones I mentioned above will also help a lot.
Two good ones are Microbiomesight and Genova GI effects which you can just order from their site.
I think peppermint might also stop methane.

moa

And it's good against intestinal inflammation as well.

Peppermint is traditionally used in Romania for gut problems

There are some recent studies showing peppermint to increase estrogen. I'm not sure how much importance we should give to this side effect, maybe not much if your liver is working well.

AVTISTICVS

Help

I have had chronic gastritis and chronic constipation after antibiotic use. Now the pain is unbearable and I am constipated. I'm thinking of quiting and just going on a bone broth fast. Everything feels so swollen What should I do ?
How long did you take antibiotics?

moa

when the descending colon is full, it starts creating pressure in the upper left part of the colon, witch creates lots of pain in the upper left part near the belly. it's tricky as it can be confused for stomach pain or pancreas.
i think it is maybe stomach pain. it doesn't really compare with pancreas pain.

why do i think this ? because a healthy colon will not hurt that much, or the pain is more a general feeling.

and also the inflammation or serotonin or histamine released by the transverse colon is close to the stomach, i think it can cause the muscles on the stomach to hurt.

it does not have to affect the mucosa of the stomach, but it can create a pain there. i had this back a few years ago when i had constipation like this and i did a fibroscopie of stomach and duodenum and they found only erythematous, some general irritated stomach without any problem otherwise on the mucosa. biopsy analysis showed the were no h pylori or any other bad bacteria.

i was prescribed ppi i took 1 month but it didn't worked so i stepped them and took plant infusions multiple times a day and this worked fast. main ingredient was thyme but some other plants too.

so i think the irritated stomach they saw was not at all cured by *prazole PPI medication, but it stopped with plant infusions after stopping the PPI.

it's strange, cause i had problems if colon and constipation but i didn't told him much about that,i complained about stomach pain. I'm happy he didn't do a colonoscopy, cause now i know it has multiple risks

anyway, colon problems caused by IBS-C with severe constipation resulted in erythematous and painful but otherwise normal stomach, and could not be cured by PPI at all but changing PPI with plant infusions cured it very fast.

that's why i think the pain people with IBS-c experience during constipation in the upper left side is caused by stomach pain (if their colon is healthy).

anyway, it's either stomach or transverse colon, more studies should be done to confirm this.

Last edited:

moa

inflammation or serotonin or histamine released by the transverse colon is close to the stomach, i think it can cause the muscles on the stomach to hurt.
I'm an overmethylator with low histamine, and inflation is usually not going to other organs so easily, and especially it remains after the colon has stopped being inflamed.

so maybe it's serotonin, especially i have a mutation in the gene encoding MAOA · Monoamine oxydase A. it makes me degrade les serotonin (so i tend to have more serotonin building up when i get serotonin symptoms).

moa

caused by stomach pain
lemon essential oils help, like 2 drops on empty stomach using a neutral pill as delivery. it contains d-limonene

slippery elm helps but much less.

Last edited:

moa

lemon essential oils help
I've just tried today a solution containing great burdock and a bit of black myrobalan (terminalia chebula). on empty stomach, before sleep, everything gone the next day (stomach pain or acid reflux GERD or both).

now, witch one is better ? from my experience, d-limonene will calm the pain very fast, in a few minutes, but pain will come back later. the budrock and myrobalan don't do as much when taken, but have better results next day, so i think it's better.

i wonder witch one, 400mg great burdock or 125m black myrobolan helped the most ?

it also contained 2g turmeric.

Last edited:

moa

2022-11-1320.00.386617879587606716657.jpg

moa

Ginger, B2, B3 i already tried, it's not those that work here the most.

moa

actually i have GERD again, not gastritis, but it starts as if it's gastritis in the beginning.

I'm not sure exactly what to try. I've read on this forum that glycine and aspirin may help. I'm a bit afraid of aspirin as it is irritant.

I'm not sure about niacinamide and inosine, cause i think it's inflammatory, not caused by GABA in my case.

that's why maybe the curcumin seem to do something.

d-limonene is making things worse on the esophagus.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals