Home Made Or 'professional' Set Up?

Jem Oz

Wonder if anyone has any advice on whether it's worth ditching my home made red light set up for a 'professional' device. I currently use two clear incandescent infrared bulbs with total wattage of 625. It was super cheap and easy to set up, and I like it and feel good effects (excessive heat can obviously be a problem, but it's not a deal breaker for me). My questions are:

- is it true that these incandescent bulbs promote photoaging?
- am I likely getting enough of the good spectrum light with this set up? (if not, should I add a third bulb?)
- does anyone have experience with one of the professional devices, or with switching from home made to pro? If so, was it worth it?

Any advice much appreciated.

tankasnowgod

Wonder if anyone has any advice on whether it's worth ditching my home made red light set up for a 'professional' device. I currently use two clear incandescent infrared bulbs with total wattage of 625. It was super cheap and easy to set up, and I like it and feel good effects (excessive heat can obviously be a problem, but it's not a deal breaker for me). My questions are:

- is it true that these incandescent bulbs promote photoaging?
- am I likely getting enough of the good spectrum light with this set up? (if not, should I add a third bulb?)
- does anyone have experience with one of the professional devices, or with switching from home made to pro? If so, was it worth it?

Any advice much appreciated.

Well, what do you mean by "professional?" Some of those devices run into the thousands of dollars (tens of thousands for some). It sort of depends on what you're trying to achieve. If you do some digging, you can find some dedicated red or infrared devices (or bulbs) in the ten to twenty dollar range.

OP
J

Jem Oz

By 'professional' I literally just mean like a device from the Red Light Man. Something tailor made for red lighting, that claims to have the maximum therapeutic value. I have infrared (incandescent) bulbs in my own set up, but I've heard that there's a concern about 'photoaging' from them, and that they may not provide enough light from the truly helpful spectrum. Any help/advice much appreciated.

OP
J

Jem Oz

Well because someone knowledgable about red lights told me about the possibility of 'photoaging' from incandescents, and since I shine it on my face I was worried that I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul with my current set up. Plus, like I said, maybe I'm not getting enough of the truly helpful spectrum? These are certainly claims made if you peruse Red Light Man's website, and he seems to have done his research.

tankasnowgod

By 'professional' I literally just mean like a device from the Red Light Man. Something tailor made for red lighting, that claims to have the maximum therapeutic value. I have infrared (incandescent) bulbs in my own set up, but I've heard that there's a concern about 'photoaging' from them, and that they may not provide enough light from the truly helpful spectrum. Any help/advice much appreciated.

I actually just purchased a device from Red Light Man, the full body one, in fact. I would check out his interview with Resonant FM, and some of the other interviews he's done. As a manufacturer, I think he knows more about the frequencies (620, 670, 760, and 830,), degree angle of light, and dose than pretty much anything else available to the consumer. There is a review of one of his devices on this forum, and it seemed to have great effects on the thyroid. His comments on this forum are well worth reading.

With the incandesents, I think there might be a bit of concern with photoaging (they do give off some blue), but I think the bigger concern is dosing and angle of the light. I think, overall, they are good for general purpose lighting (superior to CFLs, no question), but as far as "light therapy" benefits, they probably barely scratch the surface. I've noticed some results using the IR lights on aching joints, and shining concentrated red light on my thyroid, but I suspect the RLM is going to be on another level.

On a side note, he had a great suggestion on how to reduce harmful blue light (maybe just as important). I talked about it here- Simple, Easy And Free Way To Reduce Blue Light Exposure (and Increase Red)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals