Help with Dude stuff

haidut

Forum Supporter
whereismyOJ said:
Thank you everyone for your responses! Would RP's Progest-E work for him? I've been taking it, so I'll always have plenty on hand. If so, what should be his dose? Also, I keep reading conflicting side effects of when a man takes either progesterone or pregnenolone. Any thoughts on that?

With regards to his T2. He was Dx in his early 20's. When he first saw his endo, which was about a year ago, they did blood work. I don't know what test is performed to see how much the pancreas is producing, but they almost Dx him as T1, but I suppose that test proved otherwise and they kept him as a T2.

I've only read the symptoms of acute hypoglycemia, we've never experienced them.

This is all so very confusing for me...the whole T2D. I've read RP's articles on sugar and diabetes. We are implementing supplements and eating more fruit. We don't drink coffee for religious reasons, so I've always felt stumped when it comes to that aspect of following RP's advice.

We started on IdeaLabs Estroban, (vits. K,A,D, & E), glycine, mag. glyciate, B1, B3, taurine and I just got in the mail today, Life Extension Vit. E. I read another post from haidut about high doses of Vit. E helping with testosterone and lowering PUFA's, etc.

I don't know exactly how much SFA he eats. We only use butter and coconut oil and occasionally olive oil for cooking. I will make some mineral broth to boost mag.

I think my posts said that high doses vitamin E lower estrogen, but I am not sure where I said that it increases testosterone. The study I posted some time ago on the estrogen said that vitamin E has progesterone-like activity, so it will lower estrogen but in high doses it may also lower testosterone.
So, I would try a smaller dose first - 300mg (~400 IU) was shown to reduce prolactin in men and should not have much of an effect on testosterone.
Ray also wrote that nettle root is an aromatase inhibitor, so you can try that as well.

OP
whereismyOJ

whereismyOJ

You are right. In my head I am thinking that if you take Vitamin E to lower estrogen, then it will naturally raise the testosterone. I don't know if my thinking is correct. We are starting with 400IU.

Thanks, haidut!

docall18

natedawggh said:
Progesterone! I am a 34 male, 6'6" and 280 lbs and I had, among other things, severe erectile dysfunction. Progesterone not only completely cured it, it made them better and more satisfying than when I was younger. I didn't stop producing ejaculate, but I'm sure that it will also improve that.

Progesterone does this in part by suppressing estrogen (and you can take Pregnenolone along with it to ensure a supply of testosterone), improving cellular health, but also by increasing the volume of blood and containing the blood plasma water within the veins. This increase of blood makes it easier on the heart to do its work, causes more blood, CO2, oxygen, and nutrients to reach the smaller vesicles around the body, including the reproductive organs. The increase of blood volume also makes it easy to get a full erection that has staying power.

hope this helps!

Hi Natedawggh,

I too take progesterone about 5-6mg/day TD. I feel great on it except it tanks the libido. I currently take a small bit of 7-Keto Dhea to help balance the progesterone. However when I take any pregnenolone or regular Dhea my estrogen goes overrange, arimidex or DIM cant get it back down.

How much progesterone and pregnenolone do you take? My preg & Dhea labs are always low but supplementation even at very low doses always causes high E2.

Thanks!

Blinkyrocket

whereismyOJ said:
Thank you everyone for your responses! Would RP's Progest-E work for him? I've been taking it, so I'll always have plenty on hand. If so, what should be his dose? Also, I keep reading conflicting side effects of when a man takes either progesterone or pregnenolone. Any thoughts on that?

With regards to his T2. He was Dx in his early 20's. When he first saw his endo, which was about a year ago, they did blood work. I don't know what test is performed to see how much the pancreas is producing, but they almost Dx him as T1, but I suppose that test proved otherwise and they kept him as a T2.

I've only read the symptoms of acute hypoglycemia, we've never experienced them.

This is all so very confusing for me...the whole T2D. I've read RP's articles on sugar and diabetes. We are implementing supplements and eating more fruit. We don't drink coffee for religious reasons, so I've always felt stumped when it comes to that aspect of following RP's advice.

We started on IdeaLabs Estroban, (vits. K,A,D, & E), glycine, mag. glyciate, B1, B3, taurine and I just got in the mail today, Life Extension Vit. E. I read another post from haidut about high doses of Vit. E helping with testosterone and lowering PUFA's, etc.

I don't know exactly how much SFA he eats. We only use butter and coconut oil and occasionally olive oil for cooking. I will make some mineral broth to boost mag.
I don't mean to be offensive but why don't you drink coffee? I can understand pork, but coffee? This is actually out of genuine curiosity more than saying that you're wrong for not drinking coffee, idk of any religion that prohibits coffee o_O

Tarmander

Blinkyrocket said:
whereismyOJ said:

I don't mean to be offensive but why don't you drink coffee? I can understand pork, but coffee? This is actually out of genuine curiosity more than saying that you're wrong for not drinking coffee, idk of any religion that prohibits coffee o_O

Many Mormons do not drink Caffeine

Blinkyrocket

Tarmander said:
Blinkyrocket said:
whereismyOJ said:

Aha, weird lol, I didn't know that.

OP
whereismyOJ

whereismyOJ

Blinkyrocket said:
Tarmander said:
Blinkyrocket said:
whereismyOJ said:

Aha, weird lol, I didn't know that.

We can have caffeine in soda and chocolate. We just don't drink coffee.

https://www.lds.org/topics/word-of-wisdom?lang=eng

MIP1950

First, about coffee. I don't drink it because I don't like the way it tastes, though I love the aroma of coffee. Tea has always been my drink. And I'm not British, lol.

Regarding testosterone replacement, though my urologist and I have yet to find the right 'recipe' , having been on shots, compounded cream and now pellet implants, if your husband's T can't be naturally increased and estradiol kept between 20 to 30pg via supplements, do consider TRT. I'm on a couple of men's health forums and I've read many abstracts from good medical journals, particularly the Asian Journal of Andrology, and the research shows that testosterone reduces inflammation, improves glucose metabolism, improves mood, improves cardiac function and generally contributes to overall well being.

I've read that Ray Peat isn't a proponent of testosterone replacement and you certainly haven't exhausted all the non-medicinal options, but keep it on the back burner if nothing works. Also, endocrinologists, for the most part, in my experience, are 'by the book, the labs are all normal.' A urologist would be much better. PM me and I will give you the name of a forum on Yahoo that has a database of doctors around the country. That's how I found my urologist and he is superb, knowledgeable, and cutting edge!

Wishing you and your husband clear skies and smooth sailing.

javacody

No offense, but coffee is about a thousand times healthier than soda.

What about Yerba Mate?

OP
whereismyOJ

whereismyOJ

I'm not offended people, but not changing covenants I made with God. I have never heard of Yerba Mate. Besides, RP likes Coke.

javacody

He says coke is good in emergency situations to lower stress.

He doesn't live off the stuff. He points out it lacks the nutrients required for the body to handle the sugar properly.

Yerba Mate is a caffeinated drink very popular in South America. It's very bitter and should be drunk with milk.

I suppose any food invented after these rules are fine? So god thinks you should chug soybean oil by the gallon but that coffee will send you to hell?

tara

javacody said:
No offense, but coffee is about a thousand times healthier than soda.

What about Yerba Mate?
Depends on the person and state and the rest of our nutrition.
I would love to be drinking coffee, but it seems to cause me more health problems than it helps, if I drink more than just a little. I'm not the only one. I only drink a little occasional soda, too, but if the hole in someone's nutrition is calories/carbs/sugar, they can sometimes be positive.
I agree with you that coke and other carbonated sugar-water don't contain all the nutrients we need to use sugar well, and they have to come from somewhere to maintain/build health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals