Heart Palpitations After Eating

This is a problem I've had for years, but one that has disappeared for very long stretches only to come back later. I've been having very intense palpitations after meals, or anything that stimulates bowel movements like coffee or tobacco. I also experience shortness of breath, muscle twitches, and a slight bloated feeling. These 15-30 minute periods sometimes include gas and ultimately end in a bowel movement which is messy and light green in color.

I do occasionally eat some less ideal foods and my diet includes varying amounts of starches. I'm also under general stress from a physical early morning job. I thought magnesium glycinate would help but I don't notice relief. I think taking a couple aspirins reduces the severity but it doesn't stop it. I guess the issue is probably ultimately caused by irritants and or bacteria and needs to be addressed from that point of view. Would giving up starches temporarily be a good idea? I've never tried to limit my consumption for a more than a day or two apart from my low carb days, so maybe It's time for some experimentation.

InChristAlone

When you say palpitations do you mean racing heart or fluttering or skipping a beat? There are multiple definitions. Does it also come with cold hands and feet? That would mean adrenaline, I am more likely to have racing heart after a meal in the morning and evening, sometimes you need to do smaller more frequent meals. Serotonin from food moving in the intestines can cause this and cyproheptadine has really helped this for me and just overall more nutrition and rest.

OP
InterrogaOmnia
No cold hands or feet, sometimes I might even perspire a bit during the episodes. My heart rate feels slightly elevated with intense flutters and skipped beats. Based on my symptoms, I was thinking serotonin was a prime suspect.

OP
InterrogaOmnia
I should mention that I'm dealing with constipation as well it seems. Some days movements can be rigid enough to cause bleeding.

jyb

InterrogaOmnia said:
This is a problem I've had for years, but one that has disappeared for very long stretches only to come back later. I've been having very intense palpitations after meals, or anything that stimulates bowel movements like coffee or tobacco. I also experience shortness of breath, muscle twitches, and a slight bloated feeling. These 15-30 minute periods sometimes include gas and ultimately end in a bowel movement which is messy and light green in color.

Given the post-meal or coffee timing and the symptoms with shortness of breath, I wouldn't be surprised if it was starch, excess glucose load or something requiring digestive effort like protein, in a weakened state where you can't cope with unsuitable meals. That's my experience, except that I didn't have any bowel stimulation so it could well be a different cause. It would resolve after a couple hours, so after a few hours it's like nothing had happened, which I think tends to confirm it might be a glycaemic problem but it's not clear.

Re skipped beats and muscles twitches: for me that would be a potassium deficiency. That kind of deficiency is not unrelated to the meal eaten either, because what you eat can increase or decrease your mineral needs. Milk is very high in potassium.

OP
InterrogaOmnia
jyb said:
InterrogaOmnia said:

Given the post-meal or coffee timing and the symptoms with shortness of breath, I wouldn't be surprised if it was excess glucose load in a weakened state where you can't cope with unsuitable meals. That's my experience, except that I didn't have any bowel stimulation so it could well be a different cause. It would resolve after a couple hours, so after a few hours it's like nothing had happened, which I think tends to confirm it was a glycaemic problem.

Re skipped beats and muscles twitches: for me that would be a potassium deficiency. That kind of deficiency is not unrelated to the meal eaten either, because what you eat can increase or decrease your mineral needs. Milk is very high in potassium.

Potassium is something Is surely don't get enough of. Maybe I'm consuming more glucose than I can process due to a potential deficiency?

jyb

InterrogaOmnia said:
jyb said:
Potassium is something Is surely don't get enough of. Maybe I'm consuming more glucose than I can process due to a potential deficiency?

I'm not sure. Some starches seem high in such minerals, yet they don't suit me. I prefer not to eat anything that gives me symptoms of being poisoned. If I eat suitable foods, I just don't have a "deficiency".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals