Abdominal Distention - Medical Imaging?

nullredvector

Reading Peat's article on constipation blew my mind in terms of the cause and treatment. He mentions that an inflamed intestine can swell sonmuch that there wish not enough room for gas's to get through.

I've been dealing with epigastric/diaphragm distention for quite a few months now. It's painful when palpated. I've been throwing ideas from gas, constipation, to liver failure (caffeine tolerance is great), ascites, hernia, pseudo-obstrution, appendicitis, intestinal calcification, etc.

Bowel movements and gas relief definitely seems to help. When I was taking about 4-8caps of cascara (from nature's way) there was no pain upon palpating and I was releasing horrendous gas (idk if it was from the herb or just trapped - my gas is usually odorless).

I feel like I'm always carrying around an alien and it's especially unnerving in social situations. Any help? Should I get some kind of imaging done and not worry about the radiation?

I've tried a lot of things including lapodin, antibiotics, Nystatin, Aminos, vitamins, thyroid

DrJ

Have you looked into adding glycine? I find it extremely soothing to the intestine and it seems to relieve a lot of muscle tension in that area. At least it feels that way.

Back
Top Bottom