Has Anyone Used Progesterone To Lower Serotonin Levels In The Brain?

M

member 6316

Selfhacked suggest to take this (not sure dosages tho) to increase MAO-Activity if you have a certain mutation that slows MAO-A Activity which can lead to too much serotonin etc Which is very bad for your health. So has anyone taken progesterone at all? I don't wanna turn into a female my test levels are already on the low end. What will this do to a man? I'm very scared it will give me female characteristics or even boobs!

Velve921

Selfhacked suggest to take this (not sure dosages tho) to increase MAO-Activity if you have a certain mutation that slows MAO-A Activity which can lead to too much serotonin etc Which is very bad for your health. So has anyone taken progesterone at all? I don't wanna turn into a female my test levels are already on the low end. What will this do to a man? I'm very scared it will give me female characteristics or even boobs!

I've taken progesterone for 3.5 years. I've put on 30lbs of muscle (no weight lifting), increased height by 1/2 inch, and have more coherent thinking than I've ever had. There are many other components in my life that I do in conjunction of course...but I think the results give me reasonable support that progesterone has not decreased anabolism. Also, haidut posted a study talking about the anabolic nature of progesterone. Dr. Peat said in an interview that if there is one thing he would consume stranded on an island with only once choice, he said progesterone.

passivity

I've taken progesterone for 3.5 years. I've put on 30lbs of muscle (no weight lifting), increased height by 1/2 inch, and have more coherent thinking than I've ever had. There are many other components in my life that I do in conjunction of course...but I think the results give me reasonable support that progesterone has not decreased anabolism. Also, haidut posted a study talking about the anabolic nature of progesterone. Dr. Peat said in an interview that if there is one thing he would consume stranded on an island with only once choice, he said progesterone.
Thanks!

A.R

What sort of body type would you say you was before starting progesterone(e.g. Lean-quick metabolism/obese-estrogen dominant)

OP
M

member 6316

What sort of body type would you say you was before starting progesterone(e.g. Lean-quick metabolism/obese-estrogen dominant)
hes probably taking steroids or some other stuff he didnt mention.

does pregnenolone turn into progesterone? Because I have tried pregnenolone and I dont remember much effect, my gyno started to clear up but my main problem was to fix my serotonin issue which it didnt but I took it for a short period of time.

japanesedude

Could you tell me a bit more detail?
I just want to know your Progesterone dosage and what product(I guess ProgestE or Progestene)
Have you experienced well-known side effects such as ED?

Velve921

I did have higher estrogen but was sitting between 7-9% body fat. I got that way from low carb and excessive metabolic training; metabolism was severely damaged.

Velve921

hes probably taking steroids or some other stuff he didnt mention.

does pregnenolone turn into progesterone? Because I have tried pregnenolone and I dont remember much effect, my gyno started to clear up but my main problem was to fix my serotonin issue which it didnt but I took it for a short period of time.

As I stated, progesterone is not the only thing I've tried, there are multiple components in my diet and lifestyle that have brought me to where I am.

If you are having serotonin issues, in my experience that comes from an unhealthy digestive tract and/or too much stress. I have found that boiled mushrooms needs to be a daily practice to keep my mental clarity coherent.

I'm not sure what's on your overall life regimen, but there has never been a quick fix from what product or substance for myself. It's always been a combination of many many factors.

Velve921

Could you tell me a bit more detail?
I just want to know your Progesterone dosage and what product(I guess ProgestE or Progestene)
Have you experienced well-known side effects such as ED?

For the first 6 months I was doing 10 drops of progest e before bed time. Since then I mainly use it in the summer topically for skin care/sun burns, sore gums/enamel. So I currently do not use it consistently, but I always keep it around as a life line.

Progesterone

For the first 6 months I was doing 10 drops of progest e before bed time. Since then I mainly use it in the summer topically for skin care/sun burns, sore gums/enamel. So I currently do not use it consistently, but I always keep it around as a life line.

What effects if any did it have on your scalp hair???

OP
M

member 6316

i took 700mg of pregnelone and i honestly dont feel anything.. well for the serotonin part. I think you would need progestone to actually reduce serotonin and that is if it works. I think my pregnelone gets coverted to something else because of my amount of serotonin in my body.

Also I can barely find anything on progestone to reduce serotonin on this forum you would think there would be a few.

Velve921

What effects if any did it have on your scalp hair???

I've not applied to my scalp. I start losing hair 4 years ago during serious training and low carb activity. Since then I've not noticed anymore hair loss.

Constatine

Farshad, it seems like you have tried a whole lot of methods to lower serotonin and nothing is working. I am highly suspicious you are sodium and co2 deficient (especially considering the symptoms you get after meals). Under such conditions other methods to lower serotonin will just not work. It sounds too simple to work but salt and co2 are some of the most powerful methods of lowering serotonin. Just my 2 cents.

Regina

Farshad, it seems like you have tried a whole lot of methods to lower serotonin and nothing is working. I am highly suspicious you are sodium and co2 deficient (especially considering the symptoms you get after meals). Under such conditions other methods to lower serotonin will just not work. It sounds too simple to work but salt and co2 are some of the most powerful methods of lowering serotonin. Just my 2 cents.

OP
M

member 6316

i have tried weak stuff that didnt get to the problem progesterone gets to the problem and speeds UP MAO-a and you end up with less serotonin. just waiting for my progest e to arrive from naturahealth. im actually gonna try book appointment tommorow to get my serotonin lvls checked

DaveFoster

Progesterone works wonders. It can oppose the anxiogenic effect of caffeine, and together with caffeine can very closely resemble thyroid. Using both, one can achieve those highs of abstract thought and euphoria. Realistically, pregnenolone should be used with progesterone, especially in males. Progesterone has a more direct effect on anxiety (for example, preventing a panic attack or extreme dysphoria), but pregnenolone tends to keep HPA hyperactivity suppressed if dosed regularly.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

member 6316

Progesterone works wonders. It can oppose the anxiogenic effect of caffeine, and together with caffeine can very closely resemble thyroid. Using both, one can achieve those highs of abstract thought and euphoria. Realistically, pregnenolone should be used with progesterone, especially in males. Progesterone has a more direct effect on anxiety (for example, preventing a panic attack or extreme dysphoria), but pregnenolone tends to keep the HPA hyperactivity if dosed regularly.
cool what bout the serotonin part

tara

Dr. Peat said in an interview that if there is one thing he would consume stranded on an island with only once choice, he said progesterone.
Remember which interview? I hadn't heard that he used it at all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals