Serotonin, Aggresive Behaviour And Lack Of Empathy (psychopaths)

Kingpinguin

After reading an article about movie actor Robin Williams suicide in 2014 I stumbled across a whole website dedicated at bringing up events where pharmaceuticals been involved or caused tragic events.
SSRI Stories | Antidepressant Nightmares
(Robin Williams was on several perscription drugs prior to his suicide)

From there on I ended up on the batman mass shooter James Holmes who basically out of nowhere dressed up as the joker went into a cinema and shot 12 people to death and injured 70 people.
Weird thing with James Holmes was that he never suffered any trauma during his upbringing. His parents where completely normal americans. He was shy, highly intelligent goofy guy. At least thats the description of both his family and his friends. He graduated college studying neruosciene with the highest honors.
He previously never played or been interested in guns and never displayed any violence. Why would a man like this do something like that?The Batman Killer - a prescription for murder? - BBC News
So then I stumbled across this article.
SSRIs a perscription for murder.
Made a little google search and also found this study
The criminal gene: the link between MAOA and aggression (REVIEW)

The criminal gene: the link between MAOA and aggression

Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD), especially when high psychopathic traits are also present (ASPD + PP), is associated with increased risk of violence1. Psychopathic traits include features of narcissism, manipulation, and self-aggrandizement2. Specifically, individuals with ASPD engage in high rates of assaultive behavior toward their intimate partners and strangers3, 4.

The low activity form of the MAOA gene (MAOA-L) has been linked to increased levels of aggression and violence. Data from a 2007 study suggests that MAOA-L individuals are hypersensitive, so are affected more by negative experiences (thus react more aggressively in defence) as opposed to being hyposensitive, and lacking emotion for harming others. Male members of a large Dutch kindred displaying abnormal violent behaviour were found to have low MAO-A activity linked to a deleterious point mutation in the 8th exon of the gene.

MAO A job is to breakdown serotonin. Reduced MAO A causes increased overall serotonin tone. Just like SSRIs do.

reading many of the other stories from ssristories.org made me think back to the time I once was on sertraline for 5 months. Now thinking back I do remember I was more hostile without even realizing it. I was dating a new girl that summer. And I remember I was very possessive of her which is very unlike me in the first place on top of that I was possessive to the point where I started to feel anger. Seems like it should be correlated because othewise I’m always very down to earth.

just fascinating how potent this serotonin stuff is and how serious it is. Suicides, murders. And still we keep perscribing this shi t to everyone. It’s like I did read today that they use trazodone in combination with SSRIs to make the SSRIs ”more effective” then you check the pharmacology of trazodone and it states ”is a potent antagonist of all serotonin receptors” well how the fu ck can you perscribe a drug for depression where you believe the mechanism of action is by increasing serotonin then at the same time perscribe a medication that does the complete opposite and even get better results!?? Obviously if SSRIs can make people feel better then it is probably through another system and not the serotonin system. Like BDNF or allopregnenolone. Serotonin is just a side effect of the drugs. And still. Still no one questions this or have figuered it out.

Such_Umami

Obviously if SSRIs can make people feel better then it is probably through another system and not the serotonin system.

Do you think serotonin could be a pain killer that is secreted in a time of stress? It might explain why they can make people feel better and go crazy when suddenly go off them.

GutFeeling

Mirtazapine, agomelatine, mianserin and amitriptilyne are nice suggestions to your doc if he want prescribe an ssri (if u look sad for 1 sec he will prescribe).

Ami and mirt are more effective than ssri and cause less sexual side effects, there are reports that mirtazapine increase libido, these are some nice arguments together with weight gain and improved sleep.

GutFeeling

This study is quite interesting
Screenshot_2020-01-07-02-37-20-522_com.google.android.apps.docs.png

Attachments

• pone.0015337.pdf
    124.3 KB · Views: 8
  • the-role-of-monoamine-oxidase-amaoa-in-the-aetiology-of-antisoci.pdf
    200.2 KB · Views: 12
OP
Kingpinguin

Kingpinguin

Jesus christ Chantix looks like a murder drug!

this is even more ****88 up.

A 2014 systematic review did not find evidence of an increased suicide risk.[16] Other analyses have reached the same conclusion and found no increased risk of neuropsychiatric side effects with varenicline.[5][6] No evidence for increased risks of cardiovascular events, depression, or self-harm with varenicline versus nicotine replacement therapy was found in one post-marketing surveillance study.[17]

In 2016 the FDA removed the black box warning.[18] People are still advised to stop the medication if they "notice any side effects on mood, behavior, or thinking."[18][19][20]

OP
Kingpinguin

Kingpinguin

I wanted to give it a try to see what it does for social awkwardness but now I'm scared.

Reading on reddit people talk about agitation, suicide thoughts and even hallucinations. I never thouch that.

Opioidus

Reading on reddit people talk about agitation, suicide thoughts and even hallucinations. I never thouch that.
That is so messed up, I quit smoking some 6-7 years ago using patches, to think some people have their lives ruined to quit smoking... All that so some pharma company can get rich.

LUH 3417

Mad in America and Robert Whitaker in general has done some good work on linking psychopaths and ssris.

There was an HBO doc called “I love you now die” about a teen couple, it was highly publicized on the news several years ago, the guy killed himself because supposedly his girlfriend made him do it. The documentary goes into the much more detail and one of the consultants for the trial of the girlfriend was a psychologist named Peter breggin who attributed the boys suicide to ssris and really blamed the psych drugs these teens were on since they were quite young for their tragic story. Peter breggin advocates for vegan diets and has some weird ideas on YouTube but in general he seems pretty righteous for a psychologist.

OP
Kingpinguin

Kingpinguin

Pretty sure that its the classic case of finding a medication that does not really treat the disease of mental health so that they can keep having patiets coming back for more. Depressed people are targeted so that they can suck out all the money. They use desperate people. Big pharma fuc kin knows that SSRIs are bs and it’s scam. They know serotonin makes you submissive and more sick. Thats exactly what they want. They want you to come to the doctor for help over and over. They know exactly what real drugs actually work for depression they just dont wanna use them because then people wouldnt be depressed. Doctors are probably totally oblivious. They are just street dealers while the real maffia sits in big pharma headquarters in meetings getting statistics on how many bilions of dollars they are generating. These executives wouldn’t even touch these meds themselves. Probably flying around polluting the globe with their private jets snorting cocaine from some hookers bum and getting STD shots monthly. Disgusting...

OP
Kingpinguin

Kingpinguin

‘We’re in Business of Shareholder Profit, Not Helping The Sick’ Says Turing Pharmaceuticals’ CEO

Marijn Emmanuel Dekkers

He was CEO of Bayer AG from 2010 to 2016.

n 2013 some controversy was sparked during a Financial Times panel discussion with relation to Bayer's kidney and liver cancer drug Nexavar.[14]

He spoke at a conference in 2014, saying[15][16]

"So now, is this going to have a big effect on our business model? No, because we did not develop this product for the Indian market, let's be honest. I mean, you know, we developed this product for Western patients who can afford this product, quite honestly."[17][18][19]

Médecins Sans Frontières responded to Dekkers comment saying that it

sums up everything that is wrong with the multinational pharmaceutical industry. Bayer is effectively admitting that the drugs they develop are deliberately going to be rationed to the wealthiest patients.[20]

Luann

Has that list of mass murderers who were all on some kind of anti-depressant found its way into this thread?