Increasing SERT (serotonin Transporter)

Soren

Forum Supporter
Are there any studies that show the effects of Metergoline and other serotonin antagonists on SERT?

lampofred

I think dopamine/serotonin issues come down to your progesterone+androgens/estrogen ratio. I really don't have any specific study to back it up though it's just what jumps out to me to after years of reading and trying to put everything together. But improving this is really hard because you need to have great thyroid function which means you have to do basically everything right... clean up endotoxin, decrease PUFA in tissues, lose weight via increasing metabolic rate as opposed to stress hormones (so high calcium intake from food, low total fat and not an excessive number of calories), and increase your CO2 to O2 ratio (so oxidize glucose instead of fat) while maintaining sufficient protein intake (80-100g), high salt consumption, and adequate amounts of all vitamins and minerals along with low PUFA.

ddjd

Progesterone seems to increase TGF-beta and TGF-beta will cause SERT upregulation. Progesterone (R, R2, R3) – increased TGF in epithelial cells…which are all over the body.
Are you sure about this. I've been told it reduces TGF-b1

Motorneuron

hmm might try prozac out then. progesterone when taken orally lots of it is converted to allopregnanolone.
Progesterone seems to increase TGF-beta and TGF-beta will cause SERT upregulation. Progesterone (R, R2, R3) – increased TGF in epithelial cells…which are all over the body.
Maybe thats how Fluoxetine upregulates SERT?
Wouldn't increasing TGF Beta a pro-inflammatory cytokinin be negative? is it verified that progesterone increases that cytokine?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals