Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

somuch4food

I was also wondering if masa harina has too much beta carotene at 1.00 mcg/100 g and lutein and zeaxanthin at 3.00 mcg/100 g?

Those are really low numbers. I think one would get more than this from beef alone. Zero is impossible.

postman

The skin around my big toe nails and one thumb nail have been inflamed off and on for 10 years. I think the extra vitamin A causing extra skin cell sloughing helped feed fungus. In six weeks all five sites are no longer inflamed or sore. I had a spot on my chest that was reddish and crusty that I was able to remove with melaNon. But it wasn’t easy because the dsmo burned the skin around it. After it was gone and then came back I just ignored it. Now it is leaving on its own!
These are great improvements that I notice.

I was also wondering if masa harina has too much beta carotene at 1.00 mcg/100 g and lutein and zeaxanthin at 3.00 mcg/100 g?
Corn is fine as long as it's white corn. It has less carotenoids than white potatoes. 1 mcg is basically nothing. But avoid yellow corn, it has plenty.

Amazoniac

- Interaction between casein and vitamin A during food processing

They commented that poisonol, poisonal and poisonyl palmitate were used. I couldn't find where the palmitate form was used, it's supposed to be more stable and less likely to interact with proteins. I also couldn't access some of the references, I'm assuming the method was similar in these experiments.

"Weaned male Wistar rats received a maintenance diet containing no vitamin A, for a period of 15 to 18 days. At the end of this period, the liver contained 11.9 ± 1.9 mcg of retinol per organ." "The animals were then divided into groups of 9 to 12 rats. They received a diet with a reduced lipid content (3% of soybean oil) and a variable level of protein and of vitamin A."

upload_2019-4-8_12-43-54.png

But check this out:

It requires modification that doesn't happen in milk processing; and once it's being digested, it can complex with minerals (and other components from it or meal) and weaken such binding properties. In the experiment animals were given the processed casein, not milk.
it is efficient when casein is obtained chemically (acid casein) or enzymatically (rennet casein), but it is inefficient when it is introduced into milk or transformed into caseinate (Faruque et Walker, 1976; Adrian et al., 1984)

In the experiment, such property peaked with 10% of protein in the diet, with more or less there was a marked decrease in effect.

upload_2019-4-8_12-44-8.png

It has limitations depending on the amount of poison A in the diet.
at a normal level in the diet (1.3 mcg/kg) retinol's efficiency is clearly enhanced by acid casein ; however when excessive levels of retinol are present (6.5 mcg/kg) acid casein becomes much less effective (Poiffait et al., 1988a). In this case, the liver vitamin A reflects only the retinol intake (Chew et Archer, 1984 ; Donoghue et al., 1983)

Now consider the opposite case: animals having increased reserves..

- Milk protein depletes Vitamin A more than gluten/zein

"Male weanling albino rats of the Holzman strains were housed individually and given food and water ad libitum. Two days prior to the start of the experiments a large dose of poison/"vitamin" A acetate in oil solution was given orally to all rats in order to increase their vitamin A reserves."

upload_2019-4-8_12-45-43.png

upload_2019-4-8_12-46-3.png

It's more like a normalizing protein (aside from potential problems unrelated to "vitamin" A).

Either way, increasing muscle mass seems a viable option in case the person suspects an excess of poison.

--
- Magnificent Milk: from farm to you

If the milk contains virtually not fat, it has been removed before pasteurization.​

- Vitamin Fortification of Fluid Milk (already posted elsewhere)

"The addition of vitamins usually occur after separation and fat standardization, and before pasteurization. Homogenization will then take place after pasteurization to allow the vitamins to be distributed evenly throughout the milk."​

One of the issues is the removal of protective fats and antidote E followed by pasteurization of the added vitamins.

Then, degradation will depend on conditions (residual oxygen, light, temperature, love, etc)..

- Dairy - Package Protection And Preservation
- Light, Riboflavin Degradation And Their Interaction In Milk

@Amazoniac You don't understand the gravity of the situation. Last night, around midnight I heard my doorbell ring. I opened the door to be greeted by an eastern European sounding man decked out in full samurai gear. I said "can I help y... ?" before I could even finish, quick as a flash he jabbed me with his sword. I was stunned, yet it was only a scratch. When I looked up he was gone into the night. I just barely heard him speak the number "423". I assume that's how many victims hes claimed.
I checked out the wound and although it was only a pin prick, it smelt of the supplement Retinil. I quickly ran to my medicine cabinet and administered a therapeutic dose of antidote E. I thoroughly believe this is the only reason I am alive today to heed you this warning. This is when I put it all together, that man was Haidut! Forcing his A supplements on innocent victims. I will say this if you hear your doorbell ring at night, do not answer. He will get bored after a while and leave.
If it can affect our guru, it can affect anyone:

upload_2019-4-8_12-54-57.png

Last edited:

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@postman, Good, I can buy white corn masa harina and ready made white corn tortillas. The masa is handy for baking and the tortillas are great for snacks. Thank you for your answer.

Tarmander

Either way, increasing muscle mass seems a viable option in case the person suspects an excess of poison.

Interestingly, I could not build muscle at all while on the poisonal, but seem to be having some luck building muscle now that the diet is different.

Nstocks

Has anyone looked into supplementing Vitamins B and C? Eliminating all dairy amongst other foods could result on a loss of many important vitamins and I've been low Vitamin B12 and B6 in the past...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Has anyone looked into supplementing Vitamins B and C? Eliminating all dairy amongst other foods could result on a loss of many important vitamins and I've been low Vitamin B12 and B6 in the past...
The person I did my HTMA through recommended vitamin C, p5p (b6), haidut’s b-complex (energin) and a few others specific to my results. He said he is seeing that prior nutrient challenges seem to resolve fairly quickly on their own though just by eating low A so nothing suggested was absolutely critical to take. I’ve been keeping supplements to a minimum for the last nine months with good results but I think it’s probably highly individual and I’d go with whatever makes you feel best. Grant mentioned that he used vitamin C for awhile early on.

bennyha

Me too, but haven't observed any changes with season/sun exposure. I have noticed it better or worse at various times and not known what to attribute the change to, except when I first cut right back on PUFAs I noticed a great improvement. Hoping this low VA eating will help.

Has anyone else doing low VA experienced dry, cracked heels? If so how have they changed on low VA (or anything else)? Mine have got worse, but it's now the end of a long summer of bare feet or flip-flop wearing and beach-going. Though I do think they're worse than this time last year and I'm hoping it's just all the VA being dumped into my system from storage and that they will improve soon...

My heels haven’t changed at all yet. Still yellow, dry, and very round like sandpaper still. I’ll report back in the future here if I ever see any improvement with it

InChristAlone

My heels get a little dry in the winter, and rapidly get smooth again in the spring with outdoor time.

bennyha

Depletion rates will be different for everyone, but ~2yrs could be the average for normal vitamin A intake, to get down to a zero baseline.

Depletion Rate

Yes even consuming extremely small amounts for over 4 months my Vitamin A blood levels (I know not the best marker but wanted to see where they were at) were still in the very high levels of the “range”. But like I said, I ate at least 4 eggs, one or two large sweet potatoes, carrots, and pounds of leafy greens pretty much daily for at least 5 years if not more. Also took Vitamin A pills, at least 2 a day (I believe that’s 20,000 iu alone in just those 2 pills), for over 3 years to “lower my sky high CA levels” on my hair test. When I put all of that into a cronometer it’s several hundreds times over the RDA every single day for about 5 years. I think it’s going to take me quite a while to lower those stores throughout the body and skin.

bennyha

Is there another site where you would like to describe your experience with MRP? I'll ask a couple of questions just in case you don't mind answering here. I remember reading about forbidden rice a few years ago but never tried it, do you think eating the rice might give some similar results as trying the micronized product? It is very expensive (it seems you have to spend around $100 or more on an order) and I would like to see if it is right for me before spending that much money. Also did you hear that this was good for vitamin A toxicity or is it something you stumbled on? Curious how you found out about it. And how long did it take for you to notice results from it? Thank you for mentioning MRP and sharing some of your experiences with vitamin A detox!

@Louise
No eating it whole won’t do anything unfortunately. The micronization of it is what makes it so potent.

A friend of mine who has been very sick for many many years suggested it to me because it has been making a profound difference for her positively. I’m only 6 weeks in but I can feel it working. Hard to explain but one knows when they just feel “better” overall. My parents and their spouses started at the same time as me and all of them have raved how much it’s helped them with joint/stiff muscle like symptoms.

Feel free to send me a personal message if you would like to ask any more questions. I’d be happy to help.

bennyha

Is there another site where you would like to describe your experience with MRP? I'll ask a couple of questions just in case you don't mind answering here. I remember reading about forbidden rice a few years ago but never tried it, do you think eating the rice might give some similar results as trying the micronized product? It is very expensive (it seems you have to spend around $100 or more on an order) and I would like to see if it is right for me before spending that much money. Also did you hear that this was good for vitamin A toxicity or is it something you stumbled on? Curious how you found out about it. And how long did it take for you to notice results from it? Thank you for mentioning MRP and sharing some of your experiences with vitamin A detox!

Sorry missed a part of your question.

I’m just doing this for overall body healing. The lady I talked to about it had miraculous healing stories about her husband as well as herself. Also her FB page has tons of testimonials from people who have used it. She has been an energy healer all her life and ate very clean for years and did everything “right” but still had a whole host of symptoms. She said her and her husband were taking 43 supplements! Now they are in near perfect health. Her husband was on his death bed literally. She says this is the only supplement she takes along with a probiotic and topical magnesium. Other people have similar stories, including my friend. I did blood tests and hair tests right before I started taking it so I’m looking forward to seeing what it does to those as well.

bennyha

Purple rice has a lot more carotenoids than white rice. I can't remember how much though, it might still be neglible. But might be worth investigating before eating it.

Yes im not eating the actual rice. I do know though that purple potatoes are on the “safe” list as far as vitamin A safe fruits and veggies to eat, as are all purple foods. I haven’t eaten it or looked into it but I’m guessing it’s not a major issue if you did. But just to reiterate eating the rice like that won’t do what the MRP is capable of doing.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I do know though that purple potatoes are on the “safe” list as far as vitamin A safe fruits and veggies to eat, as are all purple foods.
I’m making purple potatoes for dinner tonight.

Lynne

My heels are very orange and crusty still even after no A whatsoever for over 4 months now, and have been this way for 10 years now. Same with the calluses on my hands. Have read that the dry, rough and crusty orange heels are a sign that one has too much A or carotenoids or whatever stored in them. Not sure if true but for me again I only got them after eating very large amounts of sweet potatoes and carrots almost daily for 2 years. I also turned orange like Trump and looked like an Oompa Loompa in my pictures

Last week, at the 15 week low VA mark (not zero, and with a handful of days with some low-mod VA foods), the super-dry, cracked layer of my heels started peeling/flaking/chiping off. Seeing the pinkness showing through I realise the outer skin was a bit yellow after all. I'll report if this is a permanent rejuvenation. Fingers crossed!

My heels haven’t changed at all yet. Still yellow, dry, and very round like sandpaper still. I’ll report back in the future here if I ever see any improvement with it

Great, please do!

My heels get a little dry in the winter, and rapidly get smooth again in the spring with outdoor time.

Interesting, that's the opposite of me :):

Amazoniac

Inflammation..

- Hypervitaminemia A in the recovery stage of various diseases

"We[4,14] suggested the possibility that the hypervitaminemia A is due to an increased release of vitamin A from the liver where it was retained in pathologic sites from which it cannot be utilized during the height of the disease.[15,10,16] For this fact speaks also the observation that in the acute stage of pneumonia or acute hepatitis the liver stores are not necessarily reduced.[8,17-20] A possibility of disturbed liver function with consequent displacement of the liver vitamin A in the acute stages and release during recovery stage can be assumed for other conditions than pneumonia and hepatitis. Furthermore, the observations of Josephs[5] that in infants below two years of age this hypervitaminemia is not as marked, which he explains on the lower available liver vitamin A depots in this age group, is one more evidence for liver release. Lund and Kimble presented evidence for a similar phenomenon in parturient women.[21]"​

- Protein regulates vitamin A metabolic pathways, prevents inflammation

"[..]when ISX is absent, immune cells in the small intestine can overreact to beta-carotene-rich diets. Their findings suggest ISX is a key mediator between diet and gut immunity."

"[..]removing ISX ramps up gene expression 200-fold for the enzyme (Bco1) that converts dietary beta-carotene to vitamin A. Because of this, mice without ISX overproduced vitamin A, and began converting it into retinoic acid -- a molecule that regulates the activity of many genes, including genes essential for immunity. This caused localized swelling -- inflammation -- as immune cells flooded the area and reproduced. Such severe inflammation made mice lacking ISX immunocompromised, and the inflammation spread to the nearby pancreas."

"Mice without ISX couldn't control their vitamin A levels. They overproduced vitamin A and drew too many immune cells to the small intestine. 'Too much vitamin A can promote inflammatory disease,' von Lintig concluded. 'In future studies, the ISX-deficient mouse will be a versatile model to study the molecular details of the intriguing interplay between diet and gastrointestinal immunity.'"​

'Intestine-Specific Homeobox' was just discussed on the carotene thread.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals