Going Through Divorce, Depressed And Need To Do Something

OP
S

Sedonagal

frankfranks said:
On these forums as well as in American society at large fundamentally spiritual, lifestyle, and psychological problems are regularly very inappropriately attributed to biochemistry and remedies of drugs and diet.

I don't know how you landed here, but you do not need diet tweaks or drugs. This is the wrong place for you. You are very understandably highly "stressed". You need healing that has nothing to do with diet and supplements as discussed here.

Take confession and take communion and go for a very long walk.

Ff, I think I would have to disagree with you there because I can handle a lot of difficult things mentally and psychologically as long as my body is humming along and feeling well. Almost every time I start spinning out of control mentally the physical has gone awry first. For example a few weeks ago I had a good day and then suddenly I felt physically ill and horrible and then my mind followed down into a dark place It was really bad and lasted a day and a half and I suddenly got inspiration to look at vitamin B 12 and Thiamine deficiencies. I had forgotten that as someone who comes from a line of alcoholics, that I am prone to being vitamin B1 deficient. I did my clinical presentation on this very subject when I was in college

Anyway, I felt prompted to take 500 mg of the vitamin B1 and put a couple sublingual B12 in my mouth and just laid there for about an hour. And then suddenly as though a switch was flipped, I felt a lightening of everything. Energy started coursing through my body and The dark cloud lifted off my mind

I also am a firm believer that our thoughts and skewed perceptions can create disease so I am aware of that aspect of things. I do go to church regularly, pray regularly, go for walks regularly. It can be confusing as it can be a chicken or the egg dilemma--which comes first. I have pursued all of the psychological, spiritual, positive thinking, physical exercise, diet and supplements, I just needed to see if there was something I had not thought of that would keep me from becoming totally depressed and nonfunctional

Sedonagal said:
If it doesn't have a "L" or a "H" next to it, levels hugging the bottom or the top of the range get missed

:ss my doctor dismisses things that are out of range by a bit, ain't nobody got time for that...

"well maybe you should take more calcium and magnesium then"

He was clearly annoyed at this point :ss that's how they are if you insist, usually. Doctors are digital, they're either yes or no.

EIRE24

OK, I know what its like to go through a tough time from divorce. My parents split up when I was very young. I think if you dwell and think about it then its going to snow ball and will keep you pinned down. I think Xplus reccommendations of things to go and do are spot on, just make yourself busy with things that you enjoy doing. At the end of the day you cannot control how your husband feels about the whole situation and although its a big change in your life you need to just concentrate and look after yourself.

I am sorry you are going through such a tough time but things can and will get better but it all starts with you and how you react to these things. Easier said than done but feeling sorry for yourself and getting sympathy from people just keeps you trapped in that mentality.

EIRE24

Also, dont go to a doctor for an anti-depressant. This is how they make money by telling people they are sick and like I said sympathising with them.

schultz

I would consider tianeptine aka Stablon. I have never used it myself but there may be forum members with experience in using it. It seems to reduce depression, anxiety, possibly hopelessness.

Ray has mentioned pregnenelone in helping to cure symptoms of hopelessness.

I wish you the best.

uuy8778yyi

fish oil

a green smoothie

greens powder

fermented black garlic

raw chinese herbs and mushrooms

magic chia seeds

uuy8778yyi said:
fermented black garlic

meme1416307796gen.png

OP
S

Sedonagal

Such_Saturation said:
Sedonagal said:
If it doesn't have a "L" or a "H" next to it, levels hugging the bottom or the top of the range get missed

:ss my doctor dismisses things that are out of range by a bit, ain't nobody got time for that...

He was clearly annoyed at this point :ss that's how they are if you insist, usually. Doctors are digital, they're either yes or no.

Well, IMO they should take time for that. Take potassium, for example. I get go-to-the-ER symptoms at any level below 4.2. Usually the bottom of the range is 3.5. One ER visit, mine was 3.5 which always causes symptoms, yet the Dr. was dismissive and said the labs were "fine". Increasing K+ on my own resulted in improvement.

Sedonagal said:
Such_Saturation said:
Sedonagal said:

Well, IMO they should take time for that. Take potassium, for example. I get go-to-the-ER symptoms at any level below 4.2. Usually the bottom of the range is 3.5. One ER visit, mine was 3.5 which always causes symptoms, yet the Dr. was dismissive and said the labs were "fine". Increasing K+ on my own resulted in improvement.

I just take that as a green light to do my own thing with those matters. This is how I started out, just trying to prove to myself that these litte things aren't so little. All disease must start small, it never made sense that it's an on/off switch.

GAF

Many women in your situation learn to dance with a man to their favorite music. Dance and be free!☺

4peatssake

OK folks, please start a new thread if you want to debate the merits of marriage.

This is not the thread for that.

Thanks. :hattip

OP
S

Sedonagal

EIRE24 said:
OK, I know what its like to go through a tough time from divorce. My parents split up when I was very young. I think if you dwell and think about it then its going to snow ball and will keep you pinned down. I think Xplus reccommendations of things to go and do are spot on, just make yourself busy with things that you enjoy doing. At the end of the day you cannot control how your husband feels about the whole situation and although its a big change in your life you need to just concentrate and look after yourself.

I am sorry you are going through such a tough time but things can and will get better but it all starts with you and how you react to these things. Easier said than done but feeling sorry for yourself and getting sympathy from people just keeps you trapped in that mentality.

I replied to this, not sure what happened to it.

I did not come here to "get sympathy" nor am I "feeling sorry for myself". I have gotten through a lot of difficult times in my life and after a period of grieving was able to think positively and push forward with determination. However, I know my body, and I also know from my many years of studying the physiology of the body and brain that they are not separate entities. One is dependent on the other.

I know when my emotions of grieving or sadness start to go beyond what is normal for the situation and become too long or intense despite doing all the 'right' things. When this occurs, I realize it is rooted in a biochemical imbalance and often have been able, with my years of experience with the role of supplements, exercise, etc. in mental health, to zero in on the factor that often corrects the imbalance, allowing me to get out of the 'stuckness' and move forward with optimism.

Having read much on this site, I knew there were alternative health treatments being used and discussed that are unusual and not found on many mainstream health sites. Which is why I came here--to see if one or more of these might be an answer to get me out of 'stuck' mode, which came after feeling physically unbalanced and low energy.

It really is not helpful to tell someone they just want sympathy or are feeling sorry for themselves. I mentioned all the proactive things I was doing that had worked for awhile, so I'm not sitting like a lump having a pity party.

I highly recommend Dr. Amen's books. He has also been on PBS and has a few clinics. He explains the different areas of the brain and how by using PET scans, along with a thorough medical/psych history, they are able to tell exactly what area of the brain is causing a current and/or long-standing problem. Some due to even minor head injuries years ago, some due to chemical exposure. Knowing the exact area of the brain that is affected, they are able to much more accurately target drug, vitamin, and diet therapy to balance that area, and resolve the problem rather than guessing approach.

Point being, these people weren't having mental issues just because they weren't getting out socializing, doing something useful, looking for sympathy, not thinking positively, etc, etc. It was because there was a measurable change in function of a part of the brain due to actual damage, or nutritional deficiency.

Blinkyrocket

Sedonagal said:
EIRE24 said:

I replied to this, not sure what happened to it.

I did not come here to "get sympathy" nor am I "feeling sorry for myself". I have gotten through a lot of difficult times in my life and after a period of grieving was able to think positively and push forward with determination. However, I know my body, and I also know from my many years of studying the physiology of the body and brain that they are not separate entities. One is dependent on the other.

I know when my emotions of grieving or sadness start to go beyond what is normal for the situation and become too long or intense despite doing all the 'right' things. When this occurs, I realize it is rooted in a biochemical imbalance and often have been able, with my years of experience with the role of supplements, exercise, etc. in mental health, to zero in on the factor that often corrects the imbalance, allowing me to get out of the 'stuckness' and move forward with optimism.

Having read much on this site, I knew there were alternative health treatments being used and discussed that are unusual and not found on many mainstream health sites. Which is why I came here--to see if one or more of these might be an answer to get me out of 'stuck' mode, which came after feeling physically unbalanced and low energy.

It really is not helpful to tell someone they just want sympathy or are feeling sorry for themselves. I mentioned all the proactive things I was doing that had worked for awhile, so I'm not sitting like a lump having a pity party.

I highly recommend Dr. Amen's books. He has also been on PBS and has a few clinics. He explains the different areas of the brain and how by using PET scans, along with a thorough medical/psych history, they are able to tell exactly what area of the brain is causing a current and/or long-standing problem. Some due to even minor head injuries years ago, some due to chemical exposure. Knowing the exact area of the brain that is affected, they are able to much more accurately target drug, vitamin, and diet therapy to balance that area, and resolve the problem rather than guessing approach.

[dropshadow=blue]Point being, these people weren't having mental issues just because they weren't getting out socializing, doing something useful, looking for sympathy, not thinking positively, etc, etc. It was because there was a measurable change in function of a part of the brain due to actual damage, or nutritional deficiency.[/dropshadow]
I have absolutely no idea what I just did but I agree with the blue part. :?

tara

Hi Sedonagal,
Sorry you are having a rough time.
Some ideas:
Have you run your diet through cronometer to check if there are any obvious shortfalls? Are you eating enough protein (eg at least 80g) and calories (eg at least 2000)? More calcium than phosphorus? Plenty of B vitamins etc?
When I was having a rough time with life stress a few years ago, I was waking with heart pounding etc. I was probably not eating enough. A couple of things I think helped, which may or may not be relevant for you. with that were eating more, attending to getting all the nutrients, and retraining nasal diaphragmatic breathing incl. tape on my mouth at night.
I'd also recommend completely cutting off any contact with your ex, so he doesn't get to keep pushing the buttons on your hurt.
There may not be a way through big grief without lots of tears and maybe shaking and laughing etc. Better with company who can listen, but necessary anyway.

Cover ground under your own power. Pilgrimage/Hadj/roadtrip. Walk or bicycle a long way from where you are over the course of a couple weeks. Bring a wad of cash and stay at motels. We are a nomadic species built to cover long distances efficiently, more-so than almost any other mammal. When things really suck, whether you realize it or not, what your DNA is telling you is to break out in a brisk walk and keep going.

This is why the cowboy riding "off into the west" works. This is why everybody knew what Forrest Gump meant when he said "I just felt like running."

BEST ADVICE EVER.

DaveFoster

I think an antidepressant is plausible in this situation. Tianeptine has been mentioned, progesterone can have an anesthetic effect.

Trauma can lead to structural changes. I'm pretty much a result of that. You can cope, but you'll be forever changed. It doesn't mean that happiness is any less attainable.

I'd find a community that you can belong to. Church might be a good option; I'm not sure where you're from.

When you experience a change in perception, you can either amend that change, or take drugs to fill the gap. Either approach works, the first is less invasive, and both are most effective. You're a nurse, so you already know this.

And if you can't take a road trip, how about a pet?

Pouring your love and affection in to a bond with an animal can be enormously beneficial and uplifting. If a pet is not an option, you could volunteer at a shelter....the love and companionship of a furry friend is very healing.

I hope you're doing better these days Sedonagal!

I think an antidepressant is plausible in this situation. Tianeptine has been mentioned, progesterone can have an anesthetic effect.

Trauma can lead to structural changes. I'm pretty much a result of that. You can cope, but you'll be forever changed. It doesn't mean that happiness is any less attainable.

I'd find a community that you can belong to. Church might be a good option; I'm not sure where you're from.

When you experience a change in perception, you can either amend that change, or take drugs to fill the gap. Either approach works, the first is less invasive, and both are most effective. You're a nurse, so you already know this.

An anti depressent medication can have detrimental effects. Im not sure if you are talking about a prescription or not, but ssris are not to be messed with. ive seen forums of people with perma effects from them unable to function normally without them.. low libido massive depression.. its like a street drug for some peple.. I think if op is not going to the grocery store even.. I think op could not be eating right. .. op whats your diet if you are still around

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals