My Issue

BurtonBenson

OK guys I am hoping that you can help with some questions/issues I have been having. I have tried adding more sugars back into my diet, but I am having problems with high blood sugars. Not diabetes level BS, but I get very itchy and achy and feel like there are bugs crawling on me. This is consistent with symptoms of high bs.

I am not sure how to go about implementing this diet if I am very metabolically ill. Are we supposed to do these things and suffer through whatever is happening until our cellular function is healed? I have no thyroid due to RAI treatment. I take nature-throid, 3 grains a day, but I still do not feel well and have been told the weird symptoms are from the thyroid hormone "pooling", so it is not getting into my cells. I was told to take large amounts of vitamin c and iron to fix this. I was also told that I most likely have adrenal fatigue, however when I discussed my symptoms more, it was suggested that I might have too much cortisol and a cyclical cushings situation going on. I am basically a zombie. I get through class and then crash. Most days I am lucky to have one meal. I need some serious help/suggestions. :?

Tarmander

Welcome to the forums. Is there a reason you only eat one meal a day, and not at least three? I ask because food is one of those basic things which if missing, not much else works. Kind of like if you were in a room with all the air sucked out, you would not think too much about your vitamin D levels.

I had a friend who was in a similar situation as yours. He only ate dinner, no other meals. He had all kinds of problems that he was always asking solutions for. He finally started eating three times a day and he feels much better, and has an actual chance of resolving some of his issues. Food is super basic.

J

James IV

Eat sufficient calories. Eat 3 meals a day starting with a meal as soon as you wake up. If you have high blood sugar issues, eat less of those calories from sugar.Test your blood sugar pattern as that will tell you your cortisol pattern. Eat carbs opposite to blood sugar pattern. I.e. When bs is high, eat fat/protein, when bs is low eat fat/carbs.

Eating more sugar is not the answer to hyperglycemia, which sounds obvious, but is not to some people for whatever reason.

tara

:welcome BurtonBenson

Do you have indicators of thyroid metabolism?Lab test results, tracking body temps, resting heart-rate?
Have you read/heard any of Peat's articles/interviews on thyroid?

Here's one: Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

Do you have actual blood glucose readings, or are you just going off symptoms? Symptoms can often arise from various causes, so I'd be interested in verifying this if you are adapting diet to address it.

Possibilities (not certainties) that occur to me (nonexpert):
Insufficient food, as Tarmander said.
Insufficient NDT.
Sufficient T4, but insufficient T3 (too low T3:T4 ratio). If your liver etc are not in good form, it may not convert T4 to the more active T3 fast enough to keep up with your needs.
Specific nutritional deficiencies.
Excessive PUFA or other anti-metabolic substances.
Chronic hidden hyperventilation - for statters, is your breathing relaxed, nasal, diaphragmatic? Overbreathing lowers CO2; CO2 deficiency is anti-metabolic.
Someof us use cronometer com from time to time to get a rough idea of what nutrition we get from food.

Are we supposed to do these things and suffer through whatever is happening until our cellular function is healed?
I don't think you can assume it's wise to persist with anything that you can't tell is working for you within a few days. Body temps are one way to assess the effects of what you are doing.

Good luck.

M

marikay

Hi. I'd drop the vitamin c and the iron. When you say you are adding sugars back into your diet, how much are you getting and in what form?

milk_lover

I would eat a balance diet with fat, protein, and carb and with enough calories. Niacinamide+aspirin+biotin+thiamine are good for sugar metabolism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals