Go-to For Eating Out?

sm1693

jyb said:
sm1693 said:
jyb said:
That goat butter in the picture is surprisingly common in the UK now. It's in every Tesco. It's different and stronger than regular (cow) butter.

Does milk get mandatory added vitamins in UK and Europe? Is milk mostly grain-fed?

No, even average milk is without ingredients and seems grass fed other than in winter. But in UK it is typically pasteurised and homogenised, perhaps even more so than in other countries. I avoid all these problems by buying from the farm, it's guaranteed raw milk and near 100% grass or silage all year long. A2 milk is much less common than A1, but for me it has not been a problem to get.

Wow what a wonderful boon to health. It is difficult sometimes to even find any sort of milk without toxic added vitamins in 'merica.

I wonder if americans traveling abroad always have such a great time because of the momentary escape from toxic added junk we are constantly bombarded with here. Our tired little intestines get a week or two to heal before we return and transform back into autistics.

jyb

sm1693 said:
Wow what a wonderful boon to health. It is difficult sometimes to even find any sort of milk without toxic added vitamins in 'merica.

I wonder if americans traveling abroad always have such a great time because of the momentary escape from toxic added junk we are constantly bombarded with here. Our tired little intestines get a week or two to heal before we return and transform back into autistics.

It's not all good here. Few live on milk, many believe dairy and sat fats are bad for you. Plenty of wheat and margarine and food fried in vegetable oil. However it's nowhere as chemical and artificial as what I've seen in average places in the US. Some European countries are protected by tradition, people cook home a lot more and it's not always common to drink soda at meals.

marcar72

Maybe insist on Asian cuisine then get Chicken Fried Rice or General Tso's Chicken with white rice. I just had some nice Asian buffet and man did it hit the spot. They use the whole chicken type of cuts with white rice and sweet/sour or spicy sauces, yummm, yummm... :2cents

Grass-fed butter is awesome without salt. Or anything.

jyb

Such_Saturation said:
Grass-fed butter is awesome without salt. Or anything.

I would if it were on the menu, actually. So I have to look hard for something else... but you see, even when I order a cheese plate, the plate is 70% bread, grape and veggies with 3 lame pieces of cheese so small I could swallow all together in one gulp.

jyb

marcar72 said:
Maybe insist on Asian cuisine then get Chicken Fried Rice or General Tso's Chicken with white rice.

When I think of pufa/soy/breading/frying/low calcium/low sat fat/low satiety, I typically think of Asian cuisine and end up asking my friends: everything but Asian food.

Makrosky

When I'm invited to someones place to have lunch/dinner or we go to restaurants with friends, I tend to forget about EVERYTHING related to nutrition/health, maybe only avoid specific food that I know for sure it do me instant damage (like very spicy food, big ammounts of lactose and/or gluten, etc.). Of course I avoid junk food as well but most of my friends/relatives do as well.

If there are no choices, then I eat whatever it's for lunch/dinner without even worrying a little bit. Eating out should be fun and social and, really, whatever food every once in a while can't harm you unless you have a very serious/specific condition.

I think having fun and be in a social interaction does you much more good than eating a damn guacamole or grilled salmon with PUFAS.

In a few years from now we won't be able to have social meals because everybody will bring their own tupperware with their own specific food (Peatarians, Vegans, Celiacs, Frutarians, Paleos, Ayurvedic diets, TCM diets, Antinflammatory diets, Antiallergic diets, god-knows-what-new-crazy-diets etc.). It is going to be ridiculous.

What I like about Peat style is that it's general guide lines and lots of diferent strategies to adapt to the situations. No strict things.

Makrosky

jyb said:
When I think of pufa/soy/breading/frying/low calcium/low sat fat/low satiety, I typically think of Asian cuisine and end up asking my friends: everything but Asian food.

Never saw it this way, very smart!

Filip1993

Makrosky said:
When I'm invited to someones place to have lunch/dinner or we go to restaurants with friends, I tend to forget about EVERYTHING related to nutrition/health, maybe only avoid specific food that I know for sure it do me instant damage (like very spicy food, big ammounts of lactose and/or gluten, etc.). Of course I avoid junk food as well but most of my friends/relatives do as well.

If there are no choices, then I eat whatever it's for lunch/dinner without even worrying a little bit. Eating out should be fun and social and, really, whatever food every once in a while can't harm you unless you have a very serious/specific condition.

I think having fun and be in a social interaction does you much more good than eating a damn guacamole or grilled salmon with PUFAS.

In a few years from now we won't be able to have social meals because everybody will bring their own tupperware with their own specific food (Peatarians, Vegans, Celiacs, Frutarians, Paleos, Ayurvedic diets, TCM diets, Antinflammatory diets, Antiallergic diets, god-knows-what-new-crazy-diets etc.). It is going to be ridiculous.

What I like about Peat style is that it's general guide lines and lots of diferent strategies to adapt to the situations. No strict things.

I totally agree with everything you just wrote.

Makrosky said:

Except for avoiding PUFA, high tryptophan foods, high ratios of phosphorous to calcium and protein to carbohydrate, high iron foods.

As for go-to foods when eating out:

-steak or chicken or lamb
-potato or rice
-ice cream or sorbet

Makrosky

cantstoppeating said:
Makrosky said:

Except for avoiding PUFA, high tryptophan foods, high ratios of phosphorous to calcium and protein to carbohydrate, high iron foods.

As for go-to foods when eating out:

-steak or chicken or lamb
-potato or rice
-ice cream or sorbet

You're kind of right but after all I think it's not strict because : You can counterbalance all those problems with lots of strategies. For instance, eating a small ammount of Sat. Fat if you eat PUFAs, supplement calcium if needed, take BCAA's and aspirin and stuff for the high tryptophan issue, and so on.

Hey! But of course if you eat PUFA, high iron, high tryptophan every day and then lots of measure to counteract that, then there's no point on following a RP lifestyle. You might better chose another kind of diet.

marcar72

jyb said:
marcar72 said:
Maybe insist on Asian cuisine then get Chicken Fried Rice or General Tso's Chicken with white rice.

Yea, my guilty pleasure I guess! That white rice is Peaty though!!... :P

CoolTweetPete

uuy8778yyi said:
post 89889 chipotle is good

white rice
beef

Agreed on Chipotle if you get a bowl and skip the beans. I'm certain the meat isn't grass fed or we'd be hearing about it, but they use mid to high quality ingredients, and they don't cook anything in PUFA (except the tortilla chips). Plus they're everywhere now.

Vietnamese noodle soup (pho) is a good call too. Most places have an option too include soft tendon or tripe (plenty of glycine) along with their noodle soup orders. Again, skip the lentils.

Last edited by a moderator:

uuy8778yyi

CoolTweetPete said:
post 98796
uuy8778yyi said:

white rice
beef

Agreed on Chipotle if you get a bowl and skip the beans. I'm certain the meat isn't grass fed or we'd be hearing about it, but they use mid to high quality ingredients, and they don't cook anything in PUFA (except the tortilla chips). Plus they're everywhere now.

Vietnamese noodle soup (pho) is a good call too. Most places have an option too include soft tendon or tripe (plenty of glycine) along with their noodle soup orders. Again, skip the lentils.

cancel it

they put soybean oil in the white rice

Joocy_J

depends on the restaurant, but it is only once a month or so i will do this so i usually just get whatever...

Joocy_J

jyb said:
post 90245
marcar72 said:

Thai food is pretty healthy, white rice, coconut milk, and beef

CoolTweetPete

uuy8778yyi said:
post 98843
CoolTweetPete said:
post 98796
uuy8778yyi said:

white rice
beef

cancel it

they put soybean oil in the white rice

Chipotle does? This would be highly depressing.

CoolTweetPete

I looked into it, apparently they were using soybean oil in their fryers (for tortilla chips, and taco shells) but have recently switched to sunflower oil (still not good) but they don't use it in their rice or meats (except the barbacoa and carnitas).

Ingredients in their rice:
RICE, WHITE
Enriched Long Grain White Rice (enriched with Iron, Phosphate, Niacin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Water, Bay Leaf, Rice Bran Oil, Cilantro , Citrus Juice, Kosher Salt

https://chipotle.com/ingredient-statement

I love how transparent they are with their ingredients, but why the rice bran oil. They almost had me. :cry:

dd99

I went to a well known (I.e. good quality) Indian restaurant in London recently. I asked the manager if they used ghee. She said, oh no! That's unhealthy! And then she said proudly: we switched entirely to rapeseed oil. :roll:

CoolTweetPete

dd99 said:
post 98949 I went to a well known (I.e. good quality) Indian restaurant in London recently. I asked the manager if they used ghee. She said, oh no! That's unhealthy! And then she said proudly: we switched entirely to rapeseed oil. :roll:

So depressing. :?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals