Go-to For Eating Out?

The only switch that's made proudly by a business is one where more money can be saved. They think they have it so good don't they...

uuy8778yyi

CoolTweetPete said:
post 98936
uuy8778yyi said:
post 98843
CoolTweetPete said:
post 98796
uuy8778yyi said:
post 89889 chipotle is good

white rice
beef

Agreed on Chipotle if you get a bowl and skip the beans. I'm certain the meat isn't grass fed or we'd be hearing about it, but they use mid to high quality ingredients, and they don't cook anything in PUFA (except the tortilla chips). Plus they're everywhere now.

Vietnamese noodle soup (pho) is a good call too. Most places have an option too include soft tendon or tripe (plenty of glycine) along with their noodle soup orders. Again, skip the lentils.

cancel it

they put soybean oil in the white rice

Chipotle does? This would be highly depressing.

this is the recipe from someone that worked there

http://www.food.com/recipe/chipotle-cop ... ipe-147335

actually they use rice bran oil ??

https://chipotle.com/ingredient-statement

Last edited by a moderator:

uuy8778yyi

CoolTweetPete said:
post 98951
dd99 said:
post 98949 I went to a well known (I.e. good quality) Indian restaurant in London recently. I asked the manager if they used ghee. She said, oh no! That's unhealthy! And then she said proudly: we switched entirely to rapeseed oil. :roll:

So depressing. :?

woops, sorry, didn't see the posts you posted after.

almost everything in chipotle has added rice bran oil,

Why doesn't someone make a fast food store based off peat's ideas ?

Any business minded folk here ?

Joocy_J

BobbyDukes said:
post 89888 A quarter pounder (with cheese), from McDonnalds, isn't all that high in PUFA. I ask them to take out all sauces, and then ask for ketchup to put in myself. There's more PUFA in a quart of whole milk, according to cronometer.

Their hamburgers and cheeseburgers are also not that high in PUFA. Nor are their milkshakes (although, admittedly, you get all the gum crap, however. Like with most store bought creams, milkshakes, etc).

You just got to tell them not to put any of their sauces in the burgers.

I just type these foods into the cronometer on my phone.

Dominos pizzas, although yummy, are packed with PUFA. An average pizza is about 16g of PUFA. I'd easily eat one of those to myself, back in the day. Same with Pizza Hut. Honestly, some of the stuff in McDonald's is pretty bad too, but the things ive mentioned above are apparently ok (ish), if you believe the cronometer. I would chose these options every time (going by what the cronometer is telling me), than going to some obscure eating hole, where I have no clue how much toxic s****y PUFA is in it. McDonald's is where I will go to eat, if I really have to join the herd sometimes. One at a time please, ladies.

But hey. Don't ever go to nandos. The greasiest, clearly soaked in PUFA, s*** I have ever come across. The only commercial eatery, other than English fish 'n' chips, that has made me feel like I actually want to die, and that my body is being poisonend. Vitamin E can be helpful in these circumstances.

Its still ***t food though, there is a lot more to worry about then pufa content.

tara

BobbyDukes said:
post 89888 But hey. Don't ever go to nandos. The greasiest, clearly soaked in PUFA, s*** I have ever come across. The only commercial eatery, other than English fish 'n' chips, that has made me feel like I actually want to die, and that my body is being poisonend.

In my experience, there's nothing like a good feed of traditional (ie cooked in beef fat not seed oil) English fish and chips to prevent car sickness nausea. :)
Maybe you actually got food poisoning from some accidental pathogens?

BobbyDukes

tara said:
post 104399
BobbyDukes said:
post 89888 But hey. Don't ever go to nandos. The greasiest, clearly soaked in PUFA, s*** I have ever come across. The only commercial eatery, other than English fish 'n' chips, that has made me feel like I actually want to die, and that my body is being poisonend.

In my experience, there's nothing like a good feed of traditional (ie cooked in beef fat not seed oil) English fish and chips to prevent car sickness nausea. :)
Maybe you actually got food poisoning from some accidental pathogens?

I'm talking about the fish n chips you buy from 99.9% of the fish n chip shops that populate the UK. I doubt it's a food poisoning issue, because my relationship with fish n chip shops used to be quite 'active'. They all use vegetable oils to soak the chips in. The battered sausages, the fish cakes... Everything. I wouldn't trust any of it (even though it is almost sexual when you are eating it, lol). Maybe in a few decades, I could set up my own Peaty fish n chip shop. Got to wait for the Peatarian community to grow large enough first, before it becomes a potential business venture.

If only they used the beef fat you speak of. I would use these places daily.

I would add ketchup to mine, as well as salt and vinegar. Good times.

BobbyDukes

Joocy_J said:
post 104308
BobbyDukes said:
post 89888 A quarter pounder (with cheese), from McDonnalds, isn't all that high in PUFA. I ask them to take out all sauces, and then ask for ketchup to put in myself. There's more PUFA in a quart of whole milk, according to cronometer.

Their hamburgers and cheeseburgers are also not that high in PUFA. Nor are their milkshakes (although, admittedly, you get all the gum crap, however. Like with most store bought creams, milkshakes, etc).

Dominos pizzas, although yummy, are packed with PUFA. An average pizza is about 16g of PUFA. I'd easily eat one of those to myself, back in the day. Same with Pizza Hut. Honestly, some of the stuff in McDonald's is pretty bad too, but the things ive mentioned above are apparently ok (ish), if you believe the cronometer. I would chose these options every time (going by what the cronometer is telling me), than going to some obscure eating hole, where I have no clue how much toxic s****y PUFA is in it. McDonald's is where I will go to eat, if I really have to join the herd sometimes. One at a time please, ladies.

But hey. Don't ever go to nandos. The greasiest, clearly soaked in PUFA, s*** I have ever come across. The only commercial eatery, other than English fish 'n' chips, that has made me feel like I actually want to die, and that my body is being poisonend. Vitamin E can be helpful in these circumstances.

Its still s*** food though, there is a lot more to worry about then pufa content.

Very true. But isn't there toxic garbage in most things we eat? If out on the road, what am I going to chose for a meal.. A bag of gummy bears or a burger? I know what makes me feel better, personally.

Joocy_J

BobbyDukes said:
post 104926
Joocy_J said:
post 104308
BobbyDukes said:

Its still s*** food though, there is a lot more to worry about then pufa content.

Very true. But isn't there toxic garbage in most things we eat? If out on the road, what am I going to chose for a meal.. A bag of gummy bears or a burger? I know what makes me feel better, personally.

It is pretty easy to find a grocery store and get milk, yogurt, cheese, fruit, chicharron, potato chips fried in coconut oil, rice cakes, etc....

I think all of the items I listed are less toxic then mcds.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Joocy_J said:
post 104929 It is pretty easy to find a grocery store and get milk, yogurt, cheese, fruit, chicharron, potato chips fried in coconut oil, rice cakes, etc....
:1

Last edited:

CoolTweetPete

Charlie said:
post 104930
Joocy_J said:
post 104929 It is pretty easy to find a grocery store and get milk, yogurt, cheese, fruit, chicharron, potato chips fried in coconut oil, rice cakes, etc....
:1

I've found myself eating out less and adopting this philosophy as well. It's shocking to think how much PUFA I was consuming on a daily basis before encountering Ray's ideas.

If I'm out at a decent restaurant, I'll usually go with a steak and a potato.

sladerunner69

FredSonoma said:
post 89363 What's your go-to Peaty meal when eating out with friends / co-workers / family?
lamb shanks with queso quesodillas and large slices of honeydew wrapped with pasteurized proscuitto and big fat gelatin shake

sladerunner69

BobbyDukes said:
post 104926
Joocy_J said:
post 104308
BobbyDukes said:

Pretty easy to Peat on the road actually. Just drink red bulls and cofeee and buy milk/oj, fruit from gas stations. I always keep gelatin powder, shaker cup, and a cooler with some treats in it. Just a little trick I know from my college athlete days.

BobbyDukes

Yes, easy for me too. I don't have any problems with it. But if I'm out, and I haven't had time to prepare anything, and I need something instantly, I can go for certain other things. It's all good.

sladerunner69 said:
post 104974
BobbyDukes said:
post 104926
Joocy_J said:
post 104308
BobbyDukes said:

Pretty easy to Peat on the road actually. Just drink red bulls and cofeee and buy milk/oj, fruit from gas stations. I always keep gelatin powder, shaker cup, and a cooler with some treats in it. Just a little trick I know from my college athlete days.

TheHound

just wanted to point this out for everyone in this thread saying chipotle, but my buddy used to work there and he said they poured like 2 full cups of vegetable oil into the rice

How bad are wings? Pretty high pufa, right? My brother is moving and wants to have dinner before he leaves. He knows going out is exhausting to me so he suggested he pickup some wings for a small party, but I could let him know if I have any other ideas. Any ideas I should suggest?

dbh25

Whole Foods hot food and vegetable bar, I load up on muscle meat (brisket, lamb or buffalo), raw greens (chard, kale, spinach) and fruit (blueberries, grapes, strawberries).

D

Deleted member 5487

Chipotle.

Ask for "Rice from the back" Or plain white rice. It has no Pufa oils smothered over it for texture. Ask for two scoops after they put the first scoop in, it's free and you'll end up with a ton. No Bean. No veggies. Half barbaco/Half steak. Sauce, Cheese, Sour Cream Done.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals