Freezing Food Help

RayPeatFan777

Im new to cooking and preparing food :bucktooth:

Let's say ive just made a broth or soup which will typically last for 3 days in the fridge.
If i froze it immediately and decided to defrost it 4 days later, will I still have 2-3 days left to use it once defrosted?

I guess what im asking is, Does freezing food, freeze time in terms of food expiration?

Im new to cooking and preparing food :bucktooth:

Let's say ive just made a broth or soup which will typically last for 3 days in the fridge.
If i froze it immediately and decided to defrost it 4 days later, will I still have 2-3 days left to use it once defrosted?

I guess what im asking is, Does freezing food, freeze time in terms of food expiration?

yes it does basically

freezing stops the clock

of course, thawing or cooling can introduce a stage of rapid bacterial growth in the zone of 100F to 140F so you want to shorten this as much as possible.

OP
RayPeatFan777

RayPeatFan777

yes it does basically

freezing stops the clock

of course, thawing or cooling can introduce a stage of rapid bacterial growth in the zone of 100F to 140F so you want to shorten this as much as possible.
Thanks.

So whats the best way to avoid the bacterial overgrowth?

Thanks.

So whats the best way to avoid the bacterial overgrowth?

ice cubes, putting them in a bag and submerging in the broth. Quickly cooling down is really the key. Also keeping the pot tightly covered to avoid dust with bacteria falling in.

YamnayaMommy

ice cubes, putting them in a bag and submerging in the broth. Quickly cooling down is really the key. Also keeping the pot tightly covered to avoid dust with bacteria falling in.

Is the danger of rapid bacterial overgrowth in cooling foods still thought to be significant? That is, to minimize harmful bacteria in foods--and to achieve maximum good safety--we are supposed to eat cooked foods as rapidly as possible?

This seems like a huge deal.

Does this mean that leftovers should be discarded because they were in the danger zone for bacterial overgrowth too long?

As someone who spends much of her time preparing food and feeding it to small children/babies, this seems like a major complication.

Is the danger of rapid bacterial overgrowth in cooling foods still thought to be significant? That is, to minimize harmful bacteria in foods--and to achieve maximum good safety--we are supposed to eat cooked foods as rapidly as possible?

This seems like a huge deal.

Does this mean that leftovers should be discarded because they were in the danger zone for bacterial overgrowth too long?

As someone who spends much of her time preparing food and feeding it to small children/babies, this seems like a major complication.

I throw away leftovers pretty fast nowadays.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals