Fat Oxidation

Disono

I'm not completely clear on fat in diet and it's metabolism.
As i understand Peat prefers to use carbs/sugar as main fuel? And to avoid PUFAs. Also to avoid Carnitine because it uses fat as a fuel.
Being PUFA toxic i experience muscle twitching, stiffness and spasms from Carnitine supplementation after few days. I always wondered why this happens and that not many people report this. I'm assuming Carnitine oxidates PUFAs in my body which leads to spasms?
Is this possible?

In this case is it a better strategy to try to burn these PUFAs with use of Carnitine (at the cost of feeling worse for some time) or wait for them to somehow naturally clear from body (if this is even possible without PUFA being oxidized and burned)?

Third question, if fat is not preferred fuel, why is butter and coconut oil recommended? Or is it a problem only with PUFA oxidation but not saturated fat oxidation?

johnwester130

You could in theory burn out the PUFA of your tissues with carnitine. However you would feel terrible, and it could cause age spots.

Peat prefers to burn it out slowly, with niacinamide, and dietary change.

Aspirin will block the prostaglandins from the burned PUFA.
Vitamin E is similar.
Gelatin also blocks PUFA damage.
Selenium from shellfish also blocks PUFA damage.

Butter and coconut oil and cocoa butter are recommenced for when you do eat fat.

Fruit and starch like masa harina can be the main fuel.

Carnitine makes you burn fat. Burning fat is the cancer/death/shutdown of the body.

"Mildronate, which I discussed in an article on adaptogens, protects cells against stress partly by opposing the action of carnitine, and comparative studies showed that added carnitine had the opposite effect, promoting the oxidation of unsaturated fats during stress, and increasing oxidative damage to cells. "

OP
D

Disono

Thanks!

Isn't coconut oil also being burned as fuel? Or it happens only if there are no carbs?

Does Peat recommend to burn any fats as fuel or no fats should be ever used as fuel, but strictly carbs/sugar?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals