Insulin protects fats?

pboy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11356722

Sort of makes me think along the lines of Peat's philosophy. Pretty much when you have insulin in circulation, your body, and liver in particular, don't break down fats (mostly palmitic acid, the main saturated fat produced by your body, but also LCFA (PUFAS)) but rather will utilize available glucose. I'm assuming this would have 2-fold benefit...1 being that your body is less likely to burn any PUFAS's for energy, and 2 that your body would have less burden on it in resynthesizing the palmitic acids it needs for cell membranes, ect due to not having had to burn them for energy. It would seem to me then, that if your insulin levels were always to remain constantly elevated, then your dietary fat intake would have to be close to nothing, but the more your body has to use fats for energy + lack of dietary fat would lead to a need for fats, and possibly cravings for them? (I love cheese...and chocolate so I'll keep eating fat anyways, but I'm interested in the science here). Hopefully someone can offer a Peat perspective on this one

edit: perhaps ideally, sugar would be present and insulin levels would be up to limit or completely avoid PUFA oxidation, but any dietary fat other than PUFA would help even a little in preventing the likelihood of PUFA in the body being utilized for energy, but the problem is most dietary fats add back a little PUFA themselves. So it would then be wise to eat fat containing foods only up until the point where you got all the minerals necessary out of them, but beyond that, sugars would be the preferred energy source? (and I guess coconut oil since it has almost 0 PUFA, though it wouldn't elevate insulin like sugar)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M GCN2 Deficiency Protects Against HFD Induced Hepatic Steatosis And Insulin Resistance In Mice Scientific Studies 0
ursidae Insulin Resistance: Your personal experience Blood Sugar 3
P Blood sugar, insulin response RP based introduction Blood Sugar 9
Hgreen56 Insulin sentivity is what makes you fat. Insulin resistance is not Diet 35
Hgreen56 Anti-Peat Significant relationship between dairy consumption and reduced insulin sensitivity Debate - Anti-Peat 3
haidut DHT better (and safer) than testosterone for improving blood pressure, insulin levels Scientific Studies 18
A Insulin sensitivity Blood Sugar 1
Mauritio Low Dopamine D2 receptor density leads to obesity and insulin resistance , D2 agonism may treat Scientific Studies 28
pauljacob Insulin Given After Colonoscopy Blood Sugar 1
A Octreotide Inhibits GH, Serotonin, Prolactin, TSH, Insulin Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Lokzo Low prolactin levels are associated with visceral adipocyte hypertrophy and insulin resistance in humans - PUBMED 2020 Scientific Studies 6
S Low dose aspirin to treat inflamation induced insulin resisitance? Blood Sugar 1
Hans Coconut oil for lowering blood sugar, insulin requirements, inflammation and appetite Scientific Studies 24
LLight The significance of glucose, insulin and potassium for immunology and oncology: a new model of immunity Scientific Studies 6
Highserotonin90 B3 and Insulin resistance B3/Niacinamide 6
Hgreen56 Pasta Scores Lower Insulin Index Than Fruit Diet 13
D Insulin Resistance / Cellular Metabolism / NDT Reaction Metabolism 0
wealthofwisdom Anti-Peat Sugar Feeds Viruses & Triggers Insulin Resistance? Debate - Anti-Peat 18
haidut Statins May Cause Insulin Resistance By Depleting Vitamin K Scientific Studies 1
Hans How To Improve Insulin Sensitivity The Right Way Articles & Scientific Studies 16
F Association Of The Insulin Resistance Marker TyG Index With The Severity And Mortality Of COVID-19 Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 0
Hans Insulin: The Wrongly Accused Hormone Articles & Scientific Studies 22
Hgreen56 Is Limiting Insulin Besides Minimize Fat Gain Also Minimize Muscle Gain? Weight 5
haidut PUFA May Drive Obesity, Insulin Resistance, Liver Issues In Diabetes II Patients Scientific Studies 0
D Is It Smart To Have Our Insulin Spiking All Day? Insulin Increases Aromatase Diet 4
Tarmander Gut Protocol For Insulin Resistance, Metabolism, And Energy Digestion, Gut Flora 41
Hans Glucose Oxidation Prevents Obesity-associated Insulin Resistance And Inflammation Scientific Studies 15
ddjd Cyproheptadine Induces Loss Of Pancreatic Insulin Ask For Help or Advice 3
GorillaHead Can Increased Insulin Sensitivity Make You Hungry? Blood Sugar 1
S Insulin Raising Too High? Ask For Help or Advice 40
milkboi Does Your Liver Have Insulin Resistance? | Solving Hepatic Insulin Resistance And Glycogen Issues Video 23
Inaut Does Your Liver Have Insulin Resistance? | Solving Hepatic Insulin Resistance And Glycogen Issues Metabolism 3
Inaut Ray Peat Q&A - Insulin Resistance, Vegans, Low Cortisol, Bone Broth, And Coconut! W/ Jodelle Interviews 14
M Insulin Resistance - Berberine Question Blood Sugar 1
M Berberine - Insulin Resistance Help! Male Issues 4
Lokzo What Are You Doing For INSULIN Sensitivity? Health 24
maillol The Tryptophan/Insulin Dilemma Diet 16
haidut Serotonin (due To Bacteria) Is The Master Regulator Of Metabolism, Insulin Sensitivity, And Weig Scientific Studies 31
Mauritio A. Muciniphila Improves Insulin Sensitivity, Lowers Weight+ Cholesterol+reduces Endotoxin Load Health 29
Lokzo Cyproheptadine = Diabetes/Insulin Resistance. Myth? Cyproheptadine 1
redsun Folic Acid, Insulin Resistance, ED, CKD Vitamins 5
S What Can Stop Insulin From Inhibiting Lipolysis? Blood Sugar 0
J So Was This A Blood-sugar / Insulin Related Crash? Blood Sugar 1
K Berberine For Improving Insulin Sensitivity? If Not, What Works Best? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 11
L How To Raise Blood Sugar (Without Lowering Insulin Sensitivity)? Blood Sugar 2
Hans Saturated Fat Diet Lowers Fasting Insulin And Can Aid With Fat Loss. Omega 6 Is Opposite Scientific Studies 1
S How Can I Increase My Natural Insulin Synthesis? Blood Sugar 4
haidut Fibromyalgia May Be Simply A Sign Of Insulin Resistance Scientific Studies 13
bzmazu SLEEP And INSULIN RESISTANCE Mind, Sleep, Stress 1
Lokzo Fasting Serum Bile Acids Concentration Is Associated With Insulin Resistance Independently Of Diabet Scientific Studies 0