Edge of eyebrows sparse/falling out - What to do?

Callmestar

Over the past few months I've noticed my eyebrows are getting seriously sparse especially on the outer edge. My girlfriend noticed it first and asked if I'd been cutting them. Since then I've noticed they are getting thinner by the week.

From posting previously here, it's been commented that I am likely somewhat hypothyroid. I've been taking thyroid for a few months but my eyebrows are still getting worse. I've seen some people mention low DHT as a possible cause for thinning eyebrows. I've never had this tested.

Some recent blood results below. I was considering TRT but my testosterone has since come back up to 16 nmol/L so I'm seeing how things pan out over time with that. This blood test was just before starting taking thyroid.

It's seriously knocking my confidence seeing my eyebrows so sparse. What can I do to try and stop them falling out/grow them back, other than taking thyroid and eating better which I'm currently doing. Is DHT worth looking at?

Thanks, as always.

2021-10-31 (2).png

2021-10-31 (3).png

Hans

Forum Supporter
Over the past few months I've noticed my eyebrows are getting seriously sparse especially on the outer edge. My girlfriend noticed it first and asked if I'd been cutting them. Since then I've noticed they are getting thinner by the week.

From posting previously here, it's been commented that I am likely somewhat hypothyroid. I've been taking thyroid for a few months but my eyebrows are still getting worse. I've seen some people mention low DHT as a possible cause for thinning eyebrows. I've never had this tested.

Some recent blood results below. I was considering TRT but my testosterone has since come back up to 16 nmol/L so I'm seeing how things pan out over time with that. This blood test was just before starting taking thyroid.

It's seriously knocking my confidence seeing my eyebrows so sparse. What can I do to try and stop them falling out/grow them back, other than taking thyroid and eating better which I'm currently doing. Is DHT worth looking at?

Thanks, as always.

View attachment 29662

View attachment 29664
What diet are you on? Are you insulin sensitive? Insulin suppresses SHBG and estrogen and thyroid increase SHBG.

What's your temps?

Prolactin is on the high end, so it would be good to lower that.

OP
C

Callmestar

What diet are you on? Are you insulin sensitive? Insulin suppresses SHBG and estrogen and thyroid increase SHBG.

What's your temps?

Prolactin is on the high end, so it would be good to lower that.

I'm on what would be defined as a Peat type diet you could say. Dairy, Fruits, OJ, Milk, Beef, Honey, butter, Coconut oil, Carrot salad, eggs. Hard to say if I'm insulin sensitive, my blood sugar and Hba1c are always normal and I don't feel any obvious insulin issues. Although have some gained belly and chest fat over recent months.

My temps are not great and don't seem to be increasing despite taking Cynoplus. I'm at about 97f in the morning up to about a max of 98f much later in the day. I've tried higher doses of straight T3 but didn't find it helped and eventually made me feel worse. What do you think?

How to get Prolactin down?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm on what would be defined as a Peat type diet you could say. Dairy, Fruits, OJ, Milk, Beef, Honey, butter, Coconut oil, Carrot salad, eggs. Hard to say if I'm insulin sensitive, my blood sugar and Hba1c are always normal and I don't feel any obvious insulin issues. Although have some gained belly and chest fat over recent months.

My temps are not great and don't seem to be increasing despite taking Cynoplus. I'm at about 97f in the morning up to about a max of 98f much later in the day. I've tried higher doses of straight T3 but didn't find it helped and eventually made me feel worse. What do you think?

How to get Prolactin down?
Do you wake up frequently during the night? Is your sleep restful?

Increasing dopamine will help to lower prolactin, so sunlight, destressing, laughter, vitamin B1, aspirin, magnesium, pyrucet, etc. 30min or more daily of full upper body sunlight daily while earthing will most likely make the biggest difference. It will also help to get your temps up.

OP
C

Callmestar

Do you wake up frequently during the night? Is your sleep restful?

Increasing dopamine will help to lower prolactin, so sunlight, destressing, laughter, vitamin B1, aspirin, magnesium, pyrucet, etc. 30min or more daily of full upper body sunlight daily while earthing will most likely make the biggest difference. It will also help to get your temps up.

Yes I wake up a few times during the night. Usually due to needing to urinate and being thirsty. So my sleep is not particularly restful.

Not much chance of sun here in the UK heading in to winter. Is a tanning bed a reasonable option once or twice a week as an alternative?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes I wake up a few times during the night. Usually due to needing to urinate and being thirsty. So my sleep is not particularly restful.

Not much chance of sun here in the UK heading in to winter. Is a tanning bed a reasonable option once or twice a week as an alternative?
Using a tanning bed is fine if you can combine it with red light afterwards. Bright heat lamps can also work great to boost temps, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals