Paxil SSRI Withdrawl Sexual Dysfunction

phalanx

I am new to this forum for a reason that I wish I was not here...

My doctor prescribed me Paxil and Seroquel for long term SEVERE insomnia. The kind of insomnia where I would stay awake for 2 days without medication.

I stayed on the Paxil for 2 to 3 years before deciding that I wanted to not be on an antidepressant, so I stopped taking it. I was never depressed before the Paxil so I figured there would be no harm is jumping off.... After all I had never been depressed a day in my entire life and I noticed the Paxil really didn't have an effect on sleep.

Within 2 months of stopping paxil I lost my erections. I am very early 40s. I was getting rock hard erections before stopping paxil.

I have MUTLIPLE blood tests showing that my blood panels are all perfectly normal.... Normal T and free T and
and E2, prolactin is A'Ok, thyroid is good.... Literally everything is good, but no erections.

I have tried everything under the sun.......
MACA
Inosital
Rhodolia
DHEA
St Johns Wort
Vitamin C + Garlic
All the NO enhancers
Ginko
Requip
Prami
Amantadine
PT141

I am in the gym 4 days a week and in great physical shape.

You name it, I've tried it without success. Except for Yohimbine. 1500mg Yohimbine and 2 to three hours later and I go with my woman twice if I wanted to.

But the side effects are BRUTAL!!! Cold chills, sweats, generally feel like I need to curl up in a ball under a blanket.

I think that I understand that Yohimbine works by blocking the Alpha 2 receptors. If there anything that can do this WITHOUT the horrible side effects?

Is there anything that can help me deal with this SSRI dysfunction?

It's been 4 years this month.

I have been making do with Yohimbine and Viagara. Ironically I think Y gives harder erections than V with the right dose.

Is there any research chemical out there that can mask whatever went wrong with my brain receptors?

InChristAlone

SSRI's can definitely change the brain. I was on one for 6-9 months, by that time I was having difficulty achieving orgasm and my life was going down the tubes so I came off it. The only side effect I had was brain zaps so this is very interesting.

How is your sleep now?

OP
P

phalanx

I use trazadone along with theanine, glycine, and valerian. The paxil did nothing and I should have never been given it.

Soooo.... no one has input. Disappointing.

InChristAlone

Have you applied any Ray Peat principles? I see the list of things you tried but none are ones Peat would recommend, DHEA can turn into estrogen. He'd say pregnenolone is better. Maybe try a serotonin antagonist? Niacinamide? Cyproheptadine? That's what I use to get great sleep. Just .5 mg

Frankdee20

Have you applied any Ray Peat principles? I see the list of things you tried but none are ones Peat would recommend, DHEA can turn into estrogen. He'd say pregnenolone is better. Maybe try a serotonin antagonist? Niacinamide? Cyproheptadine? That's what I use to get great sleep. Just .5 mg

There’s nothing short of a lobotomy that would offset the brain dysfunction from those meds. I’ve gone through it, and it took years to recover. They’re powerful mind altering substances, worse than any MDMA or Cocaine. So protracted are the withdrawals, the drug companies shut down a site, support group for recovery.

Frankdee20

I don’t think one can assume anything they take won’t have paradoxical effects in that state of heightened sensitivity from chemicals acting on the serotonergic system, insanely crazy. The smallest things would send me into a frenzy of dysfunction, reliving my experiences. Like a flashback.

OP
P

phalanx

I came across the metergoline thread and will give it a shot and also heard forskloin might be of help.

Frankdee20

I need cypro to get consistency in sleep habits. Does it make you eat a lot ? Since I’ve been using Aspirin and caffeine, I’ve lost 15 pounds. I no longer eat until gluttony

InChristAlone

No I don't eat any more than usual, but I have a tendency to undereat even when gorging on junk.

OP
P

phalanx

I would like to ad that since the SSRI withdraw kicked my **** that I got into weight lifting seriously. I even got into experimenting with steroids. Being 40 and not trying to have kids and not getting erections, I figure that I have nothing to lose. I did a cycle of nandrolone with testosterone and arimidex and prami to combat gyno. About 3 weeks into my cycle, I was getting turned out and getting erections looking at my wife wash out a cup in the sink. I could think about getting erect and BAM! I was getting erect.

Then the cycle ended I did a PCT and my erections went away again like before. For those couple of months it was fantastic feeling like a horny 16yo boy all the time!

I have a done 2 more cycles since then but never got back that original first time extremely high arousal response. The last cycle I used a DHT based steroid in the mix that is known to raise libido but even that didn't work. I actually I have a libido but the arousal response is VERY weak. I can get hard and stay hard if someone gives me a BJ for example.

So now I am going to try metergoline, prami, and forskolin. I'll give it 2-3 weeks for the receptors to kick in and start working again. Man I hope this works.

Frankdee20

I would like to ad that since the SSRI withdraw kicked my **** that I got into weight lifting seriously. I even got into experimenting with steroids. Being 40 and not trying to have kids and not getting erections, I figure that I have nothing to lose. I did a cycle of nandrolone with testosterone and arimidex and prami to combat gyno. About 3 weeks into my cycle, I was getting turned out and getting erections looking at my wife wash out a cup in the sink. I could think about getting erect and BAM! I was getting erect.

Then the cycle ended I did a PCT and my erections went away again like before. For those couple of months it was fantastic feeling like a horny 16yo boy all the time!

I have a done 2 more cycles since then but never got back that original first time extremely high arousal response. The last cycle I used a DHT based steroid in the mix that is known to raise libido but even that didn't work. I actually I have a libido but the arousal response is VERY weak. I can get hard and stay hard if someone gives me a BJ for example.

So now I am going to try metergoline, prami, and forskolin. I'll give it 2-3 weeks for the receptors to kick in and start working again. Man I hope this works.

Lol, that’s awesome. I would be locked up for sure

Makrosky

So let me asses the situation :
- You have erectile dysfunction unless :
A) take yohimbine whichbgives you very bad side effects
B) You do a exogenous testosterone+aromatase inhibitors cycle

Is that right?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals