physically crumbling

gp3690

I have been avoiding pufa and gluten for the past two years with the occasional cheat, my resting pulse is usually around 66-72, used to be 60 or less. Temps have been mid 97's, up from when it was 96's and low 97's, occasionally I hit 98.0 Aside from these improvements I still feel like I am absolutely crumbling physically. My eyebrows are thinning on the outside, my eye lashes are falling out, hair falling out, teeth are transparent and I am growing more and more frustrated. My diet is usually milk and sugar in the morning bc it is convenient and I can take it to work, eggs with salt, cheese, OJ or soda, meat potatoes or rice for dinner. I went through a period where I thought I got rid of my dandruff by taking a B vitamin, but recently it has come back. I take aspirin, but never really notice an effect, I also take 4 drops of k2 a day, B vitamins, magnesium. Started solban for hair but havent noticed any difference. Also started pansterone, but it started to aggravate my gynocemastia. I believe I may need a thyroid supplement, but it seems everyone on here gets them from online pharmacies that are inconsistent in their supply. I do not want to begin taking a supplement, then be scrambling to find a new source a month from now. My doctor said everything was fine.. TSH 4 prolactin 8 total T 602, 25 yo male

Thanks for any advice people can give me especially when it comes to eye brows eye lashes and hair

answersfound

You absolutely need to be on thyroid. There is no way around it. Get some WP thyroid. Or get some nutri-meds. Or Novotiral. Tsh needs to be under 1. I am 25. My doctor told me I was fine for years. No one cares about your health more than you do. You gotta get your temps up and thyroid is the way to do it. Also pregnenolone daily I would do. Nutri meds, American biologics are just a couple raw thyroid glandulars that WORK. Dr rons has one too. Atrium thyroid gold label is another. There are many supps you can attack this with and you just need to have a back up plan in case a supply runs out. The thyroid glandular lasts for 2 years so you can stock up a bit if you want.

OP
G

gp3690

Thank you... I have read your posts before and noticed we are in a similar boat with age and gender. The glandular contains thyroid hormone? I've read about these before but am not sure. Thanks I appreciate it

Nicholas

how does your current diet compare to your diet before 2 years ago? what are your reactions to gluten when you cheated?

what do you eat for lunch?

how much calcium do you get a day?

messtafarian

Aside from your TSH, is everything else okay? For example have you taken an ANA test -- or do you have any other health problem?

Outer third hair thinning is usually a thyroid problem and in Peat World, a TSH of 4 is actually pretty high. But it could also be an autoimmune or viral issue where your body is using its defenses on a different problem.

Do you have any other symptoms besides the hair and tooth thing? No offense meant to you but...hair and tooth problems are not really indicative of "falling apart." Quite a bit more of you would have to go wrong for that :).

OP
G

gp3690

My diet went from SAD to low carb now peat, my calcium is from milk and cheese, about 20 oz milk a day maybe more plus two cheese sticks I eat fruit everyday too mangos berries etc.
Messtafarian- I get what you're saying but at 25 to be going bald and having eye brows and eyelashes falling out every day as well as seeing pictures of yourself from three years ago can be quite depressing :( but I'm not going to give up

Brian

How is your digestion? If it's not so great I would get your stomach acid up. An abundance of completely digested and absorbed amino acids is key to increasing metabolism. A cheap, simple trick that works for me is 4-8oz orange juice with 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of salt an hour before meals. Just chug it down. It doesn't taste great. Then having some taurine after the meal which should include palatable amount of salt as well.

This is a band-aid, but if you can keep it up the increased protein utilization should make some permanent changes to your metabolism and thyroid function.

Nicholas

......and what do you eat for lunch (as an example)...

......and what have been your reactions to gluten when you cheated?

......and how did you feel on the low-carb?

Nicholas

Brian said:
post 114162 How is your digestion? If it's not so great I would get your stomach acid up. An abundance of completely digested and absorbed amino acids is key to increasing metabolism. A cheap, simple trick that works for me is 4-8oz orange juice with 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of salt an hour before meals. Just chug it down. It doesn't taste great. Then having some taurine after the meal which should include palatable amount of salt as well.

This is a band-aid, but if you can keep it up the increased protein utilization should make some permanent changes to your metabolism and thyroid function.

great advice

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

gp3690

Lunch is usually eggs with salt, cheese, fruit
Gluten- usually don't feel much but the foods containing gluten usually also have pufa (subs, pizza etc)
I stopped eating low carb because I realized it was pointless, I was cold and clearly calorie deficient and that's when I started losing my hair (maybe coincidence maybe not)

OP
G

gp3690

Bowel movements went from one a day sometimes every other day to 2-3 a day so I assume my digestion is getting better, although I was never one to have gas or bloating at any time

messtafarian

gp3690 said:
post 114160 My diet went from SAD to low carb now peat, my calcium is from milk and cheese, about 20 oz milk a day maybe more plus two cheese sticks I eat fruit everyday too mangos berries etc.
Messtafarian- I get what you're saying but at 25 to be going bald and having eye brows and eyelashes falling out every day as well as seeing pictures of yourself from three years ago can be quite depressing :( but I'm not going to give up

The bummer about being 25 is that you probably can't afford or talk anybody into doing more fun and interesting blood tests.

Have you checked out Danny Roddy's stuff? He's a kid who's in his thirties now I think who reversed very early balding entirely using Peat principles. I think he was 27 when he started.

OP
G

gp3690

Yes I am very familiar with DR I initially found him through Kresser when I was eating LC

messtafarian

gp3690 said:
post 114176 Yes I am very familiar with DR I initially found him through Kresser when I was eating LC

If that's the case I think Roddy/Peat would say add more sugar and drop the starch.

DaveFoster

answersfound said:
post 114145 You absolutely need to be on thyroid. There is no way around it. Get some WP thyroid. Or get some nutri-meds. Or Novotiral. Tsh needs to be under 1. I am 25. My doctor told me I was fine for years. No one cares about your health more than you do. You gotta get your temps up and thyroid is the way to do it. Also pregnenolone daily I would do. Nutri meds, American biologics are just a couple raw thyroid glandulars that WORK. Dr rons has one too. Atrium thyroid gold label is another. There are many supps you can attack this with and you just need to have a back up plan in case a supply runs out. The thyroid glandular lasts for 2 years so you can stock up a bit if you want.
+1 Get your metabolic rate up with thyroid (NDT via Thiroyd from PimPom Products), caffeine, and aspirin with niacinamide to counter the negatives of caffeine. Use cyproheptadine to increase hunger. Eat and weight train. Rinse and repeat.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Being male you should be having more zinc. Need to be careful, calcium does not displace zinc. Oysters, shrimps, lamb etc. Young 25 yr old-you probably need more calories.

Richiebogie

Is the soda made from sucrose or artificial sweeteners? While sucrose is preferable, you may do better with more OJ due to its potassium and vitamins and minerals.

Dark chocolate for magnesium, jelly for gelatine, carrot and charcoal for endotoxin prevention (eg burnt lamb chops) or slow cooked lamb shanks are other Peat ideas.

Also eating your potatoes with cheese and sour cream was meant to reduce persorption issues.

Similarly dessicated coconut for saturated fat could go with rice.

Grain could be ruining your teeth due to phytates stopping absorption of minerals...

Dairy, mangos and raspberries have some vitamin e which you are already getting..

It's quite complicated really. What is your macro calorie breakdown for a typical day?

OP
G

gp3690

Richiebogie said:
post 114198 Is the soda made from sucrose or artificial sweeteners? While sucrose is preferable, you may do better with more OJ due to its potassium and vitamins and minerals.

Dark chocolate for magnesium, jelly for gelatine, carrot and charcoal for endotoxin prevention (eg burnt lamb chops) or slow cooked lamb shanks are other Peat ideas.

Also eating your potatoes with cheese and sour cream was meant to reduce persorption issues.

Similarly dessicated coconut for saturated fat could go with rice.

Grain could be ruining your teeth due to phytates stopping absorption of minerals...

Dairy, mangos and raspberries have some vitamin e which you are already getting..

It's quite complicated really. What is your macro calorie breakdown for a typical day?

Ran what I ate yesterday through cronometer..
3756 Calories
152 grams of protein
336 grams of carb
202 grams of fat
1.2 grams of PUFA
I was short in magnesium, zinc, E and K - but I supplement these.

zooma

I was going to suggest that this is the most basic problem of insufficient calories. What you mentioned about only 20oz milk, some fruit and a few sticks of cheese makes me think you are under-eating.

That doesn't add up with the macros you have posted above. However 1.2g PUFA out of 200g+ fat sounds very unlikely, so is it possible you have measured your intake incorrectly?

OP
G

gp3690

zooma said:
post 114227 I was going to suggest that this is the most basic problem of insufficient calories. What you mentioned about only 20oz milk, some fruit and a few sticks of cheese makes me think you are under-eating.

That doesn't add up with the macros you have posted above. However 1.2g PUFA out of 200g+ fat sounds very unlikely, so is it possible you have measured your intake incorrectly?

I had two cheeseburgers yesterday from five guys so the website didn't add in the nutrients for that just macronutrients nothing specific like pufas or iron... Calorically that is a typical day for me because if I didn't eat the burgers I would've made a steak. I typically have 4 grams or less of pufa

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals