Does Anyone Get Migraines When Listening To Music?

Logan-

The volume of the music doesn’t matter in my case. I always get migraines when I listen to music. This is why I haven’t been able to listen to music for years now.

lampofred

According to a study pretty recently posted on here, listening to music increases estrogen and prolactin and decreases testosterone (although it reduces cortisol). Excess estrogen (and the associated nitric oxide and serotonin) is the cause of migraines.

OP
L

Logan-

According to a study pretty recently posted on here, listening to music increases estrogen and prolactin and decreases testosterone (although it reduces cortisol). Excess estrogen (and the associated nitric oxide and serotonin) is the cause of migraines.

That's very interesting. Could you post the study, or the thread, or the post? I'd like to read it.

T

tca300

You didn't specify whether or not you use headphones, as that might be a factor.

OP
L

Logan-

You didn't specify whether or not you use headphones, as that might be a factor.

All sound systems trigger migraine for me. From the worst to less bad(in terms of how quickly it triggers a migraine, how long lasting and severe the migraine will be): Headphones, Earphones, Speakers. Within three minutes of listening to music with a headphone or an earphone I get a migraine attack. The same thing happens within ten minutes if I am listening to music with a speaker.

I mostly listen to classical and sometimes jazz; so the problem is not about a specific genre (like listening to heavy metal) either.

Last edited:

lampofred

Terma

Try a combo of high dose magnesium and methylene blue (at least 1mg MB) for a couple days, see what happens. To be honest I haven't had a chance to put this to the test but some people close to me get serious migraines of that kind from these sorts of triggers and this is what I was going to suggest.

Prosper

I never can stand more than 2-3 songs in a row. After that it becomes exhausting and unrewarding like someone drilling in the background.

OP
L

Logan-

I never can stand more than 2-3 songs in a row. After that it becomes exhausting and unrewarding like someone drilling in the background.

Unfortunately for me the problem still persists. How about you?

Frankdee20

I don’t see how listening to Rap lowers testosterone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals